Account linked- to unknown account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-28-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Account linked- to unknown account.

I Know this has been discussed before but I could not see any solutions-
I have a 6 year old account that has been linked to an account I have never heard of..
You run the appeal now with bullet points asking if I have ever used 3rd party tools ect.
The only change to the account recently was updating the VCC which was supplied by makavi94 on these forums. Normally I use his standard card and do not have issues, this time I had some amazon EU fees that tried to charge the card but since the card only has $10 credit, Next time you login Amazon states it need a new card, so I purchased a pro card with enough funds to cover the $90 Amazon wanted to charge. The card worked fine but 5 days later the account is suspended after being linked to another account.

In my last appeal I told Amazon that when I could not access my account due to needing a new credit card I did not have my new card to hand and in a panic to get access to my account so I could ship the orders and answer messages I used a virtual credit card.

It seemed a fair enough explanation to me but has been denied.

There is no other explanation I can think of - I have had 30+ accounts over the years and only once have I mistakenly linked one myself.

Any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Account linked- to unknown account.

1. Possibly you have been linked in some fashion that you can't identify.

2. Were you listing similar items as previously banned account?

3. Also, you could have been listing items that were recently identified as "hot" and account was taken down as a result and you simply got a generic link-ban message, which is not applicable.

AZ is quite tricky to breakdown at times
Old 02-28-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 94%

Forget it, the account is gone. Had this happen before.
Old 02-28-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Like Ebay,they trick you into paying your bill,then suspend you
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Automasters (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024

Activity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Like Ebay,they trick you into paying your bill,then suspend you

100% correct. Once they start this crap, I ditch it and move on. Why put good money after bad
Old 02-28-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
I Know this has been discussed before but I could not see any solutions-
I have a 6 year old account that has been linked to an account I have never heard of..
You run the appeal now with bullet points asking if I have ever used 3rd party tools ect.
The only change to the account recently was updating the VCC which was supplied by makavi94 on these forums. Normally I use his standard card and do not have issues, this time I had some amazon EU fees that tried to charge the card but since the card only has $10 credit, Next time you login Amazon states it need a new card, so I purchased a pro card with enough funds to cover the $90 Amazon wanted to charge. The card worked fine but 5 days later the account is suspended after being linked to another account.

In my last appeal I told Amazon that when I could not access my account due to needing a new credit card I did not have my new card to hand and in a panic to get access to my account so I could ship the orders and answer messages I used a virtual credit card.

It seemed a fair enough explanation to me but has been denied.

There is no other explanation I can think of - I have had 30+ accounts over the years and only once have I mistakenly linked one myself.

Any ideas?

6 year old account.... sigh, now that's a bummer.

You should keep fighting it because there's still a chance you can get your account back.

Can you still login?
Old 02-28-2024

I recall in earlier days,Ebay will call and ask to speak to SO and SO(your other Ebay ID),thats how they find out the 2 accounts are related,and if one is bidding on the other's auction,this is a violation.
Then they used cookies,if you let someone use your PC to log on to his account ,EBay will put his cookie on your PC,then he goes home and do something on his PC and get suspended.guess who else would be suspended,YOU as your PC has his cookie
These days they have better technology.
Old 02-29-2024
Threadstarter  

I can login- Its under review still..

I had this twice before, one I got back the other was denied and then somebody registered my brand as a their trademark and continued selling my designs. So makes me wonder if some body has found a way to take out competition by creating stealth accounts to actually create a link - If you think about it probably would work, stealth docs and IDs with details of an account you want to take out, then get that account suspended and amazon will link it with the other account you want to take down.
I would never try this, bad Karma LOL
Old 03-01-2024

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 5%

Could it be said that the source of the card is the issue?

Cards like the one you've purchased rarely get used for legitimate purposes so if Amazon spot a pattern is it possible to 'blacklist' a source and that the service link they've made?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Blue_Sky For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024
Threadstarter  

Im thinking its the cards but Makavi94- swears its not.
If the link was one of my other accounts then I would assume its me and I did something to link them. But these are completely unkown account to me so the only variable that has changed was updating the card details.
I even tried explaining that in the appeals- as you probably know if your card expires or can not make the test payment you will not be able to log into your seller central home screen until you update your card details.

Lets say I have a non stealth account and I try to log in one day and find my card has expired, but my new card has not been sent to me and I dont have another to use for 5 days while I await a replacement . Im In a panic to log into my account to access my orders so I do not miss my shipping promise, I search online for someone who can supply me a VCC so I can ship my orders. I find one use it and I am back into my account, all is good. Then 3 days later my account is suspended from being linked to another account.

The above sounds like a reasonable explanation of why I might have needed to use a VCC.

I have tried it but it still fails to get the link to another account lifted, so either they dont like the explanation or it something else.
Old 03-04-2024

Lets say I have a non stealth account and I try to log in one day and find my card has expired, but my new card has not been sent to me and I dont have another to use for 5 days while I await a replacement . Im In a panic to log into my account to access my orders so I do not miss my shipping promise, I search online for someone who can supply me a VCC so I can ship my orders. I find one use it and I am back into my account, all is good. Then 3 days later my account is suspended from being linked to another account.

The above sounds like a reasonable explanation of why I might have needed to use a VCC.
--------------
credit card issuer will send you a new card before old card expires,unless it is a mail problem
Old 03-04-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I can login- Its under review still..

I had this twice before, one I got back the other was denied and then somebody registered my brand as a their trademark and continued selling my designs. So makes me wonder if some body has found a way to take out competition by creating stealth accounts to actually create a link - If you think about it probably would work, stealth docs and IDs with details of an account you want to take out, then get that account suspended and amazon will link it with the other account you want to take down.
I would never try this, bad Karma LOL
Lot of effort for this kind of move - not worth the hassle indeed
Old 03-04-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

It’s card linkage and account is gone they only link account when they got strong evidence
No matter how many appeals or documents you send them nothing will change
Old 03-05-2024

They used to find cookies of suspended accounts in your PC or laptop,now they have more ways
Old 03-05-2024

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

Why not use a standard cc over a VCC? You can simply call the cc company and ask for a new card expedited to you so that you know the cc is fresh and unused.
Old 03-05-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Why not use a standard cc over a VCC? You can simply call the cc company and ask for a new card expedited to you so that you know the cc is fresh and unused.
read this
ets say I have a non stealth account and I try to log in one day and find my card has expired, but my new card has not been sent to me and I dont have another to use for 5 days while I await a replacement . Im In a panic to log into my account to access my orders so I do not miss my shipping promise, I search online for someone who can supply me a VCC so I can ship my orders. I find one use it and I am back into my account, all is good. Then 3 days later my account is suspended from being linked to another account.

The above sounds like a reasonable explanation of why I might have needed to use a VCC
--------------------------------------------
credit card issuer always send you a new card before the old card expired,
she could have maxed out her cc thats why she is using a VCC
Old 03-05-2024

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

He said he needed a VCC because the replacement cc wouldn't arrive on time. You can request for a replacement cc to be expedited to you in 1 day. My AMEX and Citi cards will offer an expedited option and also will provide the new credit card information instantly.
Old 03-14-2024
Threadstarter  

Some of you are missing the point,

I cant use a real card as they do not work on any of the accounts I have due to probably the address mismatch. I have to use VCC. I have a stack of debit cards that I used to be able to use 2 years ago but they dont work nowadays.

The bit about the card not arriving is just an excuse I used in the appeal. Thats 3 accounts now linked.

Remember I did say that the accounts I have been linked with I do not recognise so it is either-

1-A link from using VCC

2-A link for the stealth details used on original creation of the account, this goes back 7+ years. Originally I would buy an ebay account from here, I would then use those stealth details to open an Amazon and Etsy account.

3-Unlikely to be hardware as each account has its own laptop and 4g usb dongle for internet.

Last edited by ghettotige; 03-14-2024 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

VCC is quite likely , makavi sells virtual cards and there is no way for them to know if same card is reused later as no one is going to track all card numbers whether they were used before and that if makavi is the exclusive seller as there may be more sellers from the same source
Old 03-14-2024

are those laptops brand new when you bough them?
Have yo ever allow anyone else to use your laptops?
Or have you ever use other people laptop to access your account(s).
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
VCC is quite likely , makavi sells virtual cards and there is no way for them to know if same card is reused later as no one is going to track all card numbers whether they were used before and that if makavi is the exclusive seller as there may be more sellers from the same source
Quote:
Im thinking its the cards but Makavi94- swears its not.
If the link was one of my other accounts then I would assume its me and I did something to link them. But these are completely unkown account to me so the only variable that has changed was updating the card details.
I even tried explaining that in the appeals- as you probably know if your card expires or can not make the test payment you will not be able to log into your seller central home screen until you update your card details.

I have tried it but it still fails to get the link to another account lifted, so either they dont like the explanation or it something else.

Same thing happened to me. I got a note from Amazon telling me I need to update my credit card. I purchased VCC from Makavi and week later my Amazon account gets linked and suspended.
Old 03-15-2024

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to makavi94

Now this is happened few times.My few reqular customer told me that amazon is telling linked account even if they used their own card.due to amazon will detect from your old suspended account with same selling list or hot items.Now amazon is very strict. so we need to very careful about listing times or hot items