how an amazon account being blocked impacts my final disbursement? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default how an amazon account being blocked impacts my final disbursement?

I have a few questions about an account just got blocked by amazon.

1. would amazon send notice to everyone who bought from this account to notify them about this?

2. If yes to the question above, would this trigger a burst of return/refund request from buyers?

3. Should I still ship some of the orders not being sent out yet?

4. When get a charge back, does seller get notified by email or someway? never got a charge back so I don't know how this works.

Many thanks if anyone helps me out here
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

To my knowledge Amazon does not send out a mass email to everybody that purchased from you. But maybe somebody else may have more knowledge on that.
As for shipping out the orders I personally think that you should fufill the orders. The one time I had a account suspended with orders not being shipped I still went ahead and sent them out. The people who placed orders with you did it in good faith that you were going to send them whatever the item was. It is not there fault that your account got suspended. And you will get your money in 90 days so it is not like you won't see your money.
Old 10-24-2010
Red X

Longevity: 0%

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but if you call Amazon's 1-800 number which is on their website they can answer all of these questions for you within 5-10 minutes. I haven't been suspended from Amazon yet, but I WOULD NOT ship out anyones orders since you've just been suspended. If you can still login click "refund buyer", if you can't log in then don't worry about it because amazon will most likely refund the buyers for you on their own. There are 2 different categories for amazon sellers, and i'm just one of those basic sellers, which means amazon doesn't take any money from my bank account if i issue a refund to the buyer. Instead they will most likely take money from the credit card linked to your amazon account, so i wouldn't recommend using a bank debit card with Amazon.
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 90%

Sending out the orders is the right thing to do. Except you have to wait 90+ days to get your money. Only reason I can see not to ship the orders is if you are short on inventory/cash and waiting those 90 days will harm ability to keep selling. I have cancelled all orders after a suspension and sold on another account only because I was short on inventory/cash. When I was suspended, I still got emails about any AZ claims or chargebacks.
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 81%

I agree with Cardfelon on this one. Ship the orders, if a lot of people don't ship orders because THEY got suspended, it affects all of us. If buyers become upset because this keeps happening on Amazon they will take their money somewhere else and we all lose customers.
Old 10-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
I have a few questions about an account just got blocked by amazon.

1. would amazon send notice to everyone who bought from this account to notify them about this?

2. If yes to the question above, would this trigger a burst of return/refund request from buyers?

4. When get a charge back, does seller get notified by email or someway? never got a charge back so I don't know how this works.

Many thanks if anyone helps me out here
1) No.
2) Not applicable
3) Yes.
4) No. But you can still access your seller account and try to work out any refunds or replacements with the buyer.

In 90 days you can disburse the funds to your bank account. They will deduct any refunds or chargebacks. But they don't start a mad rush to do so like eBay does when they suspend an account. As far as your Amazon customers are concerned, nothing has changed. They should still get their items, you should replace or refund any defective orders. And still be nice when dealing with the customers! Remember, Amazon blocked your account, they didn't.

EDIT: And if you cannot afford to ship the remaining orders and wait the 90 days, then cancel them POLITELY with the buyers. Don't tell them Amazon suspended you, just say you ran out and apologize for the inconvenience. But if you can wait, then you should do so. Profit margins on Amazon can be high, and it would be a shame to lose that money if you don't have to.

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-24-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%
Default Many thanks

Hi,

I thank everybody's quick response. You are all wonderful!

So I will ship out all the orders even I can't get paid right now.

I was mostly convinced by E-nertia since I do not want to damage the reputation of amazon sellers.

again just one more question since I got conflict answers about, do I or do not I receive any notification when some buyer ask for a charge back in 3 months? I linked to my banking/debit card and I do not want to see out of sudden my balance went down quite a lot to amazon(not likely a lot, but who knows)

Do amazon disburse/charge(if there is negative balance) money all at once after 90 days or whenever there is a chargeback happening?

Although, I have had a buyer after almost two months after the purchase emailed me saying he wanted to refund since he finally figured out he didn't like this product

Anyway, thanks again.
Old 12-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

I noticed the thread starters post date being over a year ago...but even now, i would go ahead and ship the items,You will get your money eventually. That is assuming you had already printed out your mailing labels b4 the acct was blocked.Once blocked,there is no way to get the customers mailing info.
On another note,I read somewhere to be aware of which 800 number you call in on because each region has its own call in number,thereby exposing your general location(regional).But in your case ,I dont think that would matter since the acct was already blocked for one reason or another.
Old 12-18-2011

Longevity: 80%

To my knowledge they dont do this. I have had 2 accounts suspended.

N/A

You should ship the orders you never know if amazon will reinstate the account or not but if you dont ship them you can forget about it.

You are notified by email whenever you receive a chargeback or an A-Z claim which is more likely what is going to happen.
Old 12-18-2011

Longevity: 83%

I would not ship one thing. I do not put faith in amazon especially now what they have done to people.mass suspensions a deleating accounts Fk them 90 days.The track record back in the day was good for amazon on giving you your funds in 90 days. Now after the disaster the caused all sellers this year . Not me I will move my inventory on to ebay.. fk amazon. The site will no longer be a good platform after dec 26th watch..
Old 12-18-2011

Longevity: 78%

I'm with alwaystrying on this one. I wouldn't dare ship anything to anyone and expect to have A m a z o n send me any money. They're too flaky. Let the buyers get refunded and take that inventory elsewhere.
Old 12-19-2011

Longevity: 82%

last account that was in review is now blocked could not sign in this is a first. Well I will have to rebuild and wait. I will start new accounts and let them sit and see if amazon will work out in a couple of weeks. If it becomes a big hassle then I will not waste my time and i will move to the bay and half.com. it may be better or it may be worse but all i know is having a total of 30 accounts in a year on amazon and all shut down is no good.The future for amazon small sellers is looking mighty bleak.....
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaches View Post
last account that was in review is now blocked could not sign in this is a first. Well I will have to rebuild and wait. I will start new accounts and let them sit and see if amazon will work out in a couple of weeks. If it becomes a big hassle then I will not waste my time and i will move to the bay and half.com. it may be better or it may be worse but all i know is having a total of 30 accounts in a year on amazon and all shut down is no good.The future for amazon small sellers is looking mighty bleak.....

did you follow everything from Amazon Ghost?
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

dabig05 are you asking out of curiosity or saying if he would have none of this would have happened? All over this site I read comments like "buy the book and you wouldn't have this problem". Let me be the one to say it...you can follow everything ever written about a m a z o n and still get kicked off. I don't care who you are or what you sell. They will do whatever suits them. The problem with a m a z o n is that they are your competition on a lot of items. If you can go stealth and last 3 months then you are ahead of the game. My advice to anyone is ....NEVER feel safe.
Old 12-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Exactly - Am az on is an insane beast for few of us right now - be careful.
Old 12-24-2011

I am asking out of curiosity! I havent tried a AMZ stealth acct yet. I tried purchasing the book through trialpay but it didnt go through for some reason...... For AMZ to cutting off so many sellers, I believe they have another way of linking, just my thought.
Old 12-24-2011

also, Im sure they can match up bank account names in a general area. What im saying for example is "Joe Blow in Denver has been shut down before, then opens 4 more bank accounts, then opens 4 stealth accounts on AMZ. AMZ sees that more than likely Joe Blow is opening up stealth accounts under diff names with the same Bank Acct name in the same general area. Again just my thought........And if it so happens there is a diff "Joe Blow" why not just shut him down 2, just to be on the safe side?

Last edited by dabig05; 12-25-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: error