New Seller on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default New Seller on Amazon

Hey everyone,
Just wondering about Amazon
Never sold on the site before and thought I would ask a few ?S

Do they have holds?
I understand they deposit to bank account is that instant?
Thanks everyone!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

as a new seller anything you sell they will put into a reserve bank for at least 14 days. once reserve is available for disbursement then you can do a transfer to your bank which takes 3-5 days. also keep in mind your account will probably go under review, this normally happens with new accouints
The Following User Says Thank You to bchrist430 For This Useful Post:
transitionfighter (07-24-2011)
Old 07-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

amazon is more complicated than ebay when you start out.

'Holds' are not like paypal.

new accounts have certain conditions to match to move forwards.

You need to do a heap of reading B4 you consider starting to sell, imo
transitionfighter (07-24-2011)
Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

i started my amazon about 4 months ago sold one item right away which was in ear headphones. They gave me my money in about 14 days. I am about to sell some other things too. Im going very slow but i am wondering if they will shut me down. ive never been suspended before but im nervous to sell to much. any help?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Amazon doesn't just suspend people for no reason. If you have good feedback, good metrics, and aren't selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you will be OK.
Old 08-07-2011

Im selling high risk items thought ?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

As long as you are selling legit goods and get good feedback, you will be OK. But the slightest whiff of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, and you are out of there for good.
Old 08-08-2011

You can be banned for not obtaining enough feedback, they like to see 10-15% of customers leaving feedback. Handwriting a note on the invoice helps as do other tactics.
They are somewhat more lax on those not selling high risk items
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Melissa, are you personally aware of a case where Amazon said that not enough feedback was the cause of suspension? I could see this in the beginning if you're selling thousands of dollars and not getting feedback, but it doesn't seem likely once your account is a couple months old and you've gotten 10+ positives under your belt.
Old 08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Melissa, are you personally aware of a case where Amazon said that not enough feedback was the cause of suspension? I could see this in the beginning if you're selling thousands of dollars and not getting feedback, but it doesn't seem likely once your account is a couple months old and you've gotten 10+ positives under your belt.
No ovidiu I know of no personal case where it happened regarding a mature account.
An Amazon Rep once told me something of the sort, such as it happens but not often.
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I'd be wary of gossip from reps you talk to. These decisions are handled by Seller Performance, and unless something's changed, they can't be reached via phone, or for casual chatting via email either.

Although getting a good solid base of feedback (10+ but preferably 25+) before starting serious selling is still mandatory, IMHO.
Old 08-09-2011

Gossip? This is an AMAZON Rep. This isn't Paypal where they often get things messed up.

Whatever his "tier" is makes no difference to me
(unless he is at the bottom of the barrel answering a certain amount of emails within a certain time frame)

Believe what you want to believe, makes no difference to me

Last edited by Melissa1971; 08-09-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
Gossip? This is an AMAZON Rep. This isn't Paypal where they often get things messed up.

Whatever his "tier" is makes no difference to me
(unless he is at the bottom of the barrel answering a certain amount of emails within a certain time frame)

Believe what you want to believe, makes no difference to me

The issue is this: Amazon "reps" that you are capable of getting on the phone: are not part of the performance review teams that suspend accounts, they are not even in the same building.

The only thing Amazon phone reps know is what they have heard, and it is often rumor or subjective second hand complaints from sellers who call them and say "i got suspended because of xxx"; but they have no way to verify what the seller is telling them.

If you have ever had real interaction with the performance team by email (which is the only way they will contact you), one of the first things they will tell you is that customer phone support knows NOTHING about what they do and cannot be trusted to give accurate information regarding suspensions or bans.

Amazon phone reps may as well be working at another company if the topic of your conversation is an Amazon suspension or ban, they have nothing to do with that department at all.
Old 08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavega View Post
The issue is this: Amazon "reps" that you are capable of getting on the phone: are not part of the performance review teams that suspend accounts, they are not even in the same building.

The only thing Amazon phone reps know is what they have heard, and it is often rumor or subjective second hand complaints from sellers who call them and say "i got suspended because of xxx"; but they have no way to verify what the seller is telling them.

If you have ever had real interaction with the performance team by email (which is the only way they will contact you), one of the first things they will tell you is that customer phone support knows NOTHING about what they do and cannot be trusted to give accurate information regarding suspensions or bans.

Amazon phone reps may as well be working at another company if the topic of your conversation is an Amazon suspension or ban, they have nothing to do with that department at all.
He used to work in that department but doesn't anymore. Yes, I am aware of their different departments and different areas, our closest is San Francisco if you want to work for Amazon (where I live) Often you need to re-locate depending upon where the job is. And they may pay you to relocate

Amazon Reps are highly educated and very underpaid. They must work overtime to make any money (or did) They are treated much worse than Paypal/Ebay Reps are according to my cousin whose worked for both entities.

And though what you are saying is correct, it doesn't mean the Reps " do not know"

And I am not sure why we are having this straw man conversation. the topic is New Amazon Rep so my advice still stands. Keep your feedback higher on a newer account and much less risk loosing the account. I could go on and on about what my feedback has done for me- including being one of the few on the forum, possibly the only one, who posted getting off the initial 30 day review a week early. And I had a Claim that happened because I REFUSED to refund a scam buyer, sent him to Amazon. They also removed that claim from my customer metrics, never heard of that happening on this forum as of yet. But that doesn't mean it isn't true.

I've gotten two neutral feedbacks removed, one that didn't qualify for removal necessarily. I have all 5 stars with 128 feedbacks, only two 4/5 stars otherwise all 5 stars. Perfect metrics except shipping, i let it go by not buying DC every time.

Despite what has been said, there is no free ride at 10 feedbacks or 10 feedbacks and 3 months. Past that there is less risk but it is still a newer account. You are NOT out of the clear. You DO need to keep the feedback up for a while after if you want a solid account. And keep it up forever if you truly want a more solid account. Better to be safe than sorry. The OP can be lax on what he chooses regarding his own account

Last edited by Melissa1971; 08-10-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
He used to work in that department but doesn't anymore. Yes, I am aware of their different departments and different areas, our closest is San Francisco if you want to work for Amazon (where I live) Often you need to re-locate depending upon where the job is. And they may pay you to relocate

Amazon Reps are highly educated and very underpaid. They must work overtime to make any money (or did) They are treated much worse than Paypal/Ebay Reps are according to my cousin whose worked for both entities.

And though what you are saying is correct, it doesn't mean the Reps " do not know"

And I am not sure why we are having this straw man conversation. the topic is New Amazon Rep so my advice still stands. Keep your feedback higher on a newer account and much less risk loosing the account. I could go on and on about what my feedback has done for me- including being one of the few on the forum, possibly the only one, who posted getting off the initial 30 day review a week early. And I had a Claim that happened because I REFUSED to refund a scam buyer, sent him to Amazon. They also removed that claim from my customer metrics, never heard of that happening on this forum as of yet. But that doesn't mean it isn't true.

I've gotten two neutral feedbacks removed, one that didn't qualify for removal necessarily. I have all 5 stars with 128 feedbacks, only two 4/5 stars otherwise all 5 stars. Perfect metrics except shipping, i let it go by not buying DC every time.

Despite what has been said, there is no free ride at 10 feedbacks or 10 feedbacks and 3 months. Past that there is less risk but it is still a newer account. You are NOT out of the clear. You DO need to keep the feedback up for a while after if you want a solid account. And keep it up forever if you truly want a more solid account. Better to be safe than sorry. The OP can be lax on what he chooses regarding his own account
i passed the first velocity review on my original account in 2 weeks, not 30 days. there is no set time for it. it could actually be done even faster IF you were 100% legit and had all of the information required. i never have a tax id for them though, and thats big for getting out of your first review even faster. a fortune 500 company can get velocity reviews done in days (which is none of us here...)

my feedback in just a few months was over 300 with only 2000 sales, my third month was $50,000 in sales

the few a to z claims i ever had, were all in my favor. even had amazon refund one and THEY paid for it instead of me, and than told me they just didn't want to argue with the customer, but the refund wouldnt be put on me since i had supplied the correct item and the customer refused to return it for the refund.

that account got banned for a misunderstanding over pre orders, not even for what i would consider a real violation. im on ghost accounts now simply because the amazon appeals process is a joke; and the more i learn about amazon the more i realize they are no better than scammers themselves most of the time; but thats a whole other topic
Old 08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavega View Post
i passed the first velocity review on my original account in 2 weeks, not 30 days. there is no set time for it. it could actually be done even faster IF you were 100% legit and had all of the information required. i never have a tax id for them though, and thats big for getting out of your first review even faster. a fortune 500 company can get velocity reviews done in days (which is none of us here...)

my feedback in just a few months was over 300 with only 2000 sales, my third month was $50,000 in sales

the few a to z claims i ever had, were all in my favor. even had amazon refund one and THEY paid for it instead of me, and than told me they just didn't want to argue with the customer, but the refund wouldnt be put on me since i had supplied the correct item and the customer refused to return it for the refund.

that account got banned for a misunderstanding over pre orders, not even for what i would consider a real violation. im on ghost accounts now simply because the amazon appeals process is a joke; and the more i learn about amazon the more i realize they are no better than scammers themselves most of the time; but thats a whole other topic
I agree, amazon as a whole are scammers but still better than Ebay, imho. Yet so far, knock on wood, I have not been suspended so that would be my opinion. Nothing is ever for certain

So sorry to hear you lost that account.That is fantastic earning that much feedback with so little claims not even deemed your fault

Except what were they thinking when they banned you
Old 08-11-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I'd be wary of gossip from reps you talk to. These decisions are handled by Seller Performance, and unless something's changed, they can't be reached via phone, or for casual chatting via email either.

Although getting a good solid base of feedback (10+ but preferably 25+) before starting serious selling is still mandatory, IMHO.
There is no way to acquire feedback on Amazon as a buyer. Therefore, you have to initially sell with (0) feedback.
Old 08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgivens View Post
There is no way to acquire feedback on Amazon as a buyer. Therefore, you have to initially sell with (0) feedback.
thats not true, buyers can get feedback.

however, it is a completely separate feedback system. feedback as a buyer is not linked or even displayed anywhere near the seller feedback. its actually kind of buried and since it is rarely used, few people know about it

i have left feedback on buyers, but typically only as a warning to other buyers when someone tried to scam me

but, how often that gets looked at, i dont know, the only time ive personally remembered to check a buyers feedback is if they were spending $100+ on an order, and even than, i dont actually recall seeing anyone else with buyer feedback other than what i had left

if they started displaying buyer feedback near peoples names, it would get used more often. instead its two pages deep buried under the profile system that hardly anyone looks at either

Last edited by ninjavega; 08-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2011

i disable Gmail under Settings you click "ask before inserting email icons" (something like that) and then it should not load web beacons to identify -- can somebody confirm this, amazon can not link your account via email this way, right? if you only read, not download anything.

also the iphone i think uses a platform that amazon finds harder to hack into which is why at this point you are able to sign on multiple accounts.