Banned from amazon: what course of action? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Banned from amazon: what course of action?

Hi looking for some help and advise, I had been selling on amazon for about 5 months and every thing was perfect, all items were shipped out on time and all messages etc were responded to. My feedback is 99% 134 positive. I received an email 2weeks today stating that my listings had been cancelled and my account blocked, and the reason they gave was not matching catalogue entries? I'm still not sure what this means. They also stated that they had previously warned me about this (which is incorrect as I have checked all emails from amazon) I sent my appeal in explaining that I was a legitimate seller and that to go on selling I would like further information on the actual policy violation. They sent a robotic response stating that the ban is final. I appealed again and the exact same email was sent except at the bottom it stated no further replies will be sent. What annoys me is that the weekend they blocked me i had sold over 125 items but there still happy for me to send these out? So my policy violation can not be that bad? Can it? They have over £4500 of mine and I have been emailing them fir the past 2 weeks but have had no replies to any of my messages or case logs.

Please can someone help me on this matter, any help I would appreciate
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 76%

Amazon is very strict about what you can and cant sell, how you sell it, and if you dont follow their rules they will kick you. Odds are they have emailed you, as one violation rarely gives you the boot. If you were selling high risk items, and only a couple people complain in a given period, they will just let you go, so they dont have to deal with you issues. You can sit on here and b!tch about how bad amazon is, but at the end of the day, you will end up going back. Stealth is your only option, so I would take some time to make sure you know exactly what you are doing. Your funds will be on hold for 90 days. Dont waste your time calling asking them to release them, they wont, and you will just get even more pissed.
Old 08-14-2011

Fromt the sounds of it - this is your legitimate account - and you have done nothing wrong.

I would not write them off -

Persoanlly - I would go to a legal aid house - A registered letter from a lawyer to the addtress for service will get a ball rolling - I belive at this point you will get a proper answer and the remedy they wish to see - however failing an answer - file a claim in debtors / small claims court - they have to answer - Internationally they have extra time but they still have to answer - if you have to file in another jurisdiction there are services that assist. In a lot of courts you will also be able to seek damages and legal costs.

My two cents for what it is worth...
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Mcgarry84. Sadly Am az on is known for random suspensions with no good reason (as we the sellers see it). I have never had this catalogue listing reason but I have had all kinds of suspensions which hurt but I moved on.

Yes it looks bad - a nice account like this just randomly banned but you will have to go ghost now...or keep appealing (low success rate though).

@oflmedia, why are you speaking about legal aid house / lawyers? Am az on can block as they please - the seller`funds will be avail in 90 days as per usual.
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Remember that Amazon gives itself the right to "terminate you without notice or cause". Maybe not those exact words, but same effect. You have no natural right to sell on Amazon. As unfair as it sounds, it's their marketplace, and they can run it like a tyrant if they desire.

Log into your account and take a look at your message center. Do you really have previous warnings from Amazon for policy violations? Quickest way to a suspension is to ignore these emails. You have to read them or Amazon gets pissed off.
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

And the category violation could be..just a thought.... abusing the EVERYTHING ELSE Category. Example: You have a used hand held game, thus do not know the UPC Code. It belongs in Electronics but you create a new listing as Pro Merchant and list it in EVERYTHING ELSE Catagory

Correct. Using the Everything Else to avoid category restrictions is a huge no-no.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (08-14-2011)
Old 08-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for all your replies, I have checked and checked again all my emails, and I can verify that I have no other policy violation messages. I keep a track of my customer metric through out the day making sure I stay within the green and the percentages. I created 2 f my own listings which I did because amazon didnt have these products (these listings are still up and running in amazon) also I use the sell yours on the right hand page of a product listing. Making sure that the item and the correct description matches the product I sell. I have emailed jeff bezos and will see if I get a reply. So far my account has been blocked for 2 weeks and i have had no response from tnm for 11 days. I will keep you all updated , thanks again
Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 85%

You will get your funds fter 90days. I had the same problem... previus warning, but I never got previous...

you will get your funds for sure..
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

The outcome of any appeal depends... Doesn't sound good because they say it's final. I didn't get those kind of messages with my suspensions until the last (3rd, I think) suspension, which really was the final one.
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Correct. Using the Everything Else to avoid category restrictions is a huge no-no.
What`s this have to do with Am az on?
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

There's an "anything else" category on Amazon too.
Old 08-15-2011

welcome to amazon!
amazon really blows I thought the people at ebay were the worst until I encoutered these royal Aholes at amazon.You have to look at it like a game,Your a pirate sailing the seas and sometimes they sink one of your ships,get back out their and rain down terror on those amazon *******s no matter what they try to do to you.Sure sometimes they get me and mess up my pay for a week or so,but Im back to sailing the high seas of online foolishness faster than they can invent ways to stop me.Im sorry your account got messed up it sounds like you were really trying to be a good seller and you found out that they will make up an excuse to sink you,why you ask? because they can and thats what they do.When your the small fry to a company like amazon they really dont care about accomodating or helping you.Robotic responses and bad service are the twin children of Amazon,Ebay,and Paypal.To make you feel better get on there and create an Amazon Stealth (follow the guide if you dont know how yet) I havent read the Amazon Guide yet but highly recommend the ebay guide from askpin.Get back on there once you figure out how and do something heinous to get revenge on those amazon dilweeds.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
/quote

What`s this have to do with Am az on?
hi rsot~

OP has excellent stats, feedback, ship time etc... but banned due to some type of Amazon Catalog violation.
We were guessing of what that could have been exactly
Old 08-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Wow I had no idea there is an Anything Else category - I guess you can only list on that if you have a Merchant account (the one you pay 39.99 for) right?

Edit: Hi Melissa =)

Last edited by rsot; 08-15-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 77%

You may have piggybacked someone else's listing for a product (innocently enough) but if they raise a policy violation to Aamzon, there is little you can do about it.

May I ask what you were selling?
Old 08-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Just a little update I sent an email to jeff bezos 2 days ago but still no reply, I also contacted amazon through seller help and used the review my account option, I have not had a reply from jeff yet, I received a message back from my case log stating that they dont review accounts and that I need to contact seller performance. ( so why did the option to review my account go to these people if they don't review accounts) it's now been 2weeks since I have had a reply, I feel this is ridiculous and the must be another way to communicate with them or even going to someone else to sort this out, or instance if you have a problem with paypal you can go to the financial ombudsman. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 74%

It is so sad. Am does as it pleases. It feels like your arm been cut off.
Please dont waste time on them,Ghost is the way to go!
Getting back on is a good feeling.
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgarry84 View Post
Just a little update I sent an email to jeff bezos 2 days ago but still no reply, I also contacted amazon through seller help and used the review my account option, I have not had a reply from jeff yet, I received a message back from my case log stating that they dont review accounts and that I need to contact seller performance. ( so why did the option to review my account go to these people if they don't review accounts) it's now been 2weeks since I have had a reply, I feel this is ridiculous and the must be another way to communicate with them or even going to someone else to sort this out, or instance if you have a problem with paypal you can go to the financial ombudsman. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm so sorry!
Old 08-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Update, I received a response from my email to Jeff Bezos not what I expected here it is;

Hello from Amazon.com.

Jeff Bezos received your e-mail and asked that I respond on his behalf.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account.

For privacy and security reasons, we can only send information to the e-mail address that is registered to your Amazon account. Please write from the e-mail address that is registered to your account and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Seller Performance Team
http://www.amazon.com
=============================

There is no need for this email because the email address I used to contact jeff is the same one I use to log in, and also I received the reply to my amazon email address, this is very childish, seller performance obviously don't want to sort this out. I have contacted jeff back with a copy of the email I received and also my further details full name, business name etc, so I shouldn't receive the same email back fingers crossed. I will keep you all posted
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 80%

Of course they wont assist you if you send emails from another email account requesting information about an account that is not associated with said email
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
There is no need for this email because the email address I used to contact jeff is the same one I use to log in,
Did you read his post???
Old 08-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi

Thanks gamefreak, the problem is that I did use my email address that is link to my amazon account. And still they are saying this.