How does Joe Seller have 20K similar items in Electronics - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default How does Joe Seller have 20K similar items in Electronics

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Amazon Pro account. I've sold as individual seller, but I need to make listings for items that are not already on ebay that do NOT have USP/EAN numbers.

I'm completely stumped because, I have been following and spying on a few competitors that have literally 20,000 + items but the actual item in these listings is the same but with different listing because they are universal/compatible with various models.

For example, Joe seller sells DVD RW drives for computers/laptops. Lets say there is a particular DVD RW drive that is compatible with 500 different computers/laptops . Joe seller creates a separate listing as DVD RW for model XYZ , then XXYZ, then XYYZ. There clearly is not separate UPC/EAN numbers for the same component and these components actually do not even have a UPS/EAN because they are not retail items.... I see that he has them in the 'Electronics' category however this category requires UPC. I know you can get an exemption, but from what I have read they virtually never give exemptions in Electronics.

How is Joe Seller able to do this? (different titles/listings for thousands of listings with same actual product)

Any answers , advice, help, is greatly appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2012
Threadstarter  

No Amazon gurus in here or what?
Old 02-15-2012

Longevity: 70%
Send a message via AIM to gamingboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamingboy

I had sold products of mine in Electronics that didn't have an UPC/EAN and I basically just made my own up. Have you tried this? I would be extremely stumped because it worked for me and all I did was alter a UPC I had found off of a similar product. Hope I could help.
Old 02-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Hey there gamingboy,
thank you very much for sharing...
Few quick questions about how you did that,
did you just change a few digits on a household item?
Also , were you able to just change more digits whenever you added another new item? Did you do more than 1?
Old 02-16-2012
Threadstarter  

I just tried taking a UPC off a household electronic item I had and changing around a couple of digits, NO LUCK.

Damn this is so frustrating. I know for damn sure a competitor of mine does not have 20K unique UPC codes, how the hell is he getting all these damn listings, or anyone for that matter without UPC
Old 02-16-2012

Listing without UPC's require a laundry list of requirements. Took me a little over a month to finish the process on several accounts after 8-14 months of selling.
Old 02-16-2012
Threadstarter  

You mean you went through an application style process with Amazon staff?
I have legitimate computer parts that are not retail (sold in store) parts and therefore do not have a UPC, do you think they would do anything about this?

Did your amazon account acquire the UPC exemption so you can add new listings at your leisure to the catalog without a UPC? or are you saying each item requires a tedious process for approval?
Old 02-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If you have a pro account you can create your own listings. It would appear you can still create a new catalog description with the same UPC. I have seen people do this on items that the main listing has too many poor product reviews. UPC codes can also be purchased for a couple bucks too if you have a product without one. I buy blocks of 10 for $20 from codeupc.net. Then register item description them at upcdatabase.com

But short answer is with pro you can create you own catalog items
Old 02-16-2012

Send a message via AIM to gamingboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamingboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrains View Post
Hey there gamingboy,
thank you very much for sharing...
Few quick questions about how you did that,
did you just change a few digits on a household item?
Also , were you able to just change more digits whenever you added another new item? Did you do more than 1?
Hey freedomrains, it was kind of strange what worked for me. I never changed the last number or the first three numbers. I can't remember who told me not to change those but their is also some kind of formula as I'm sure your aware of so if I were to change a number to a higher number, I would have to lower another number by that amount. And yes, I got it to work for plenty of items. Just different combinations of numbers on each item. I can explain more in detail if you would like.

I feel like someone on here knows what I was doing though and exactly why it was working for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to gamingboy For This Useful Post:
digi (02-16-2012)
Old 02-17-2012

Buying UPC's are not a good idea. Almost all of them are computer generated, and will either lead to issues with the UPC owner or amazon once they conflict. Also would not recommend this as you will drop money on the UPCs and everyone will piggyback your listings. Mature your account, and then look into this. FYI, I have sold a Pro-Merchant account with no limitations to a person for around 18k. It took around 2 years to do this. Keep in mind the person that is now using this account sells legit non ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, and never runs into any issues.
Old 02-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
lead to issues with the UPC owner or amazon once they conflict.
Sorry, but thats not accurate. I have dozens of my own UPC codes for products I manufacture. They are registered for my products only. They are not just made up random. No conflict will happen on my end. They are empty and not associated with any product until you register them and enter product details.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (02-20-2012)
Old 02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Sorry, but thats not accurate. I have dozens of my own UPC codes for products I manufacture. They are registered for my products only. They are not just made up random. No conflict will happen on my end. They are empty and not associated with any product until you register them and enter product details.
I know for a fact, that you are not right. The products you manufacture are not an issue at all its the sources of where you get your UPCs.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (02-18-2012)