What should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default What should I do?

Hello All,

I sold a used electronic item about 30 days ago. Total price is less than $100

10 days ago, buyer contact me said that the item no longer working right and a bunch of reason.

I said OK just return for exchange or refund is his choice, he want replacement.

I told him wait for me to send him a prepaid shipping label to send back so it not cost anything for him, couple hours later he send me an email said it is too late, he already send it back.

He did not request return with Amazon and I don't know where he get my address from?

Couple days later he contact me and ask if I received the phone back? I didn't.

I asked for tracking number and he sent it to some guy in California (I'm in Texas). By that time I ask what address he sent it to and he provided it. I don't know who the heck is that guy.

He said "he email the seller and the seller give him that information to send back". He did not ask me and I didn't provide him that.

I ask him if he buy anything on Amazon at the same same time he buy my item? Did he still have the email from the seller who give him that information? He doesn't answer it.

He said he very angry now and he just want his replacement item because he already return the bad one. He also want to get a lawyer involve to make thing right

I just email him again asking him the same questions that he have not answer.

If it was you, how do you handle this guy?

Everything were communicated via Amazon contact form and he have not open a case or anything yet.

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-04-2013

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Well, was the package delivered to the address you gave to amazon? Do the zipcodes match up to your return address you gave amazon?

If he claims someone told him to send it to that address, Amazon would know by the sent messages in your account.
Old 04-04-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

He sent to California and I'm in Texas. He never ask me for the return address.

I think he may ask the wrong seller
Old 04-04-2013

Longevity: 80%

lawyer talk is just a scare tactic to get you to do what he wants. Since he never contacted you for return instructions then its his fault.

I dont see you having troubles winning an amazon a-z claim if he does open one
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013

Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
lawyer talk is just a scare tactic to get you to do what he wants. Since he never contacted you for return instructions then its his fault.

I dont see you having troubles winning an amazon a-z claim if he does open one
Me either...he could also be trying to pull a scam or maybe its just an honest mistake he made. Either way, as long as the zipcode he sent it to has nothing to do with your amazon account then I wouldnt worry.

Just be professional in your emails and let him know he did not send it to you and point out the zipcode difference and suggest to him he would need to contact the person he shipped it to and have them return it to him as this is out of your hands now.
The Following User Says Thank You to user3657 For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think he is not scammer guy. In one of the email he said "please don't tell me I sent to the wrong address".

I know the lawyer part just try to scare me.

Oh well, just waiting for his respond and maybe a a-z case
Old 04-06-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
He sent to California and I'm in Texas. He never ask me for the return address.

I think he may ask the wrong seller
When he files the claim, it will hurt your ODR on your account. Check it right now, if it's at 0% you're ok. The negative feedback that follows if he leaves it will not also count against your ODR. You want to keep your ODR under the 1% mark to avoid being flagged for possible suspension.

That being said, if you respond explaining in the claim that you were willing to do the return and the buyer decided to return it to someone you don't even know in California with a tracking number that says such which I'm sure also doesn't have a signature and depending on the value could have a bearing on the case. Amazon is most likely to close the claim in favor of the buyer but not hold the seller financially responsible. Just having the case opened against you negatively impacts your account regardless of the outcome. So increase your volume since the odr uses # of orders / x in its equation.

As far as the buyer, I can guarantee a neg and a claim is going to result in this either way. Tell the buyer you never received the item and the address he gave you is incorrect. Why didn't he return it to the address on the shipping label? You'll get more lawyer nonesense if he's trying to rip you off, or he'll file a claim if he really thinks he returned the item to the correct location.
The Following User Says Thank You to falken For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-07-2013)
Old 04-07-2013

Can you afford to take a hit on your ODR? That's what it comes down to.

Sell small items just to keep you ODR up, then when these scammers do these, you can challenge them.
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The buyer haven't answer the last email yet, also he haven't open a claim
Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Dont push the buyer too hard then - be polite on communication and let time pass
Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Have not hear from him again for a week now.
Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Keep in mind the time frame for claims....

Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What is the time line for return, feedback and A-Z claim?

I searched but failed.

Thank you Ma'am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Keep in mind the time frame for claims....

Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Hmm trying to find the source too hmm think 45-60 days but not 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-16-2013

I believe it is 90 days
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013

Longevity: 68%

Quote:

I searched but failed.

Thank you Ma'am
30 days for return but buyers have up to 90 days to file a-z. I found out about this the hard way
The Following User Says Thank You to kenshintr For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I searched but failed.

Thank you Ma'am
Three different matters.

Also depends on type of sale. Absolutely a matter of reading the fine print IF you can understand amazon-speak.
.................................................. ..................
i'll add them from my notes brb
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Starting with easiest one: FEEDBACK

About Comments, Feedback, & Ratings

After you've ordered an item from a third-party seller, you can leave comments, feedback, and ratings to let other customers know about your experience. You have 90 days from the date of your order to leave your rating and comments.

Comments you leave about a third-party seller should be focused on your buying experience:

How satisfied were you with how your order was packaged and shipped?
If you contacted the third-party seller, did you get good customer service and prompt resolution?
Would you buy from this third-party seller again?

The third-party seller rating system is 1 to 5 stars, with 5 stars being the best. A third-party seller's average rating will appear alongside their name on our site. If you're tempted to leave a critical rating, make sure that you've given the third-party seller every chance to resolve the issue first.

Amazon reserves the right to remove feedback that is not directly related to the buying experience or violates one of our guidelines. If your comments include any of the following, your feedback is subject to removal:

Promotional content: This includes anything of a promotional nature such as comments about or links to other merchants or websites.
Obscene or abusive language: Please use helpful and appropriate language when participating in the Amazon Community.
Personal information: You should not include information that identifies other Amazon.com visitors.
Product reviews: It is more appropriate to review product on the product detail page.
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

2nd topic: REFUNDS. Catch here is amazon lump RETURNS & REFUNDS together.

What's Amazon.com's return policy?

Our return policies vary depending on the type of item you'd like to return.
Therefore we discover About Our Returns Policies.
About Our Returns Policies

Amazon.com, and many sellers on Amazon.com, offer returns for most items within 30 days of receipt of shipment. You can use this page to learn about our returns policies. Most items sold on Amazon.com follow our general returns policies, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
Requirements for a Full Refund

Items must be in new condition
Items must be returned with all original packaging and accessories
Media items (for example, movies, music, video games, and software) must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap
Musical instruments, televisions, and consumer electronics must have a UPC or serial number
Shoes and clothing must be unworn

Seller Returns Policies

While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary. Some sellers, such as wineries, won't accept returns. However, they may provide refunds. You can view each seller's return policy in the Online Returns Center. If you have questions before you place an order about a seller's return policy, please see the seller's profile page which is linked to from the product page. Shipping and handling charges for returning items shipped by a seller are borne by the buyer.

Items valued at over $75 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. If the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. For items below $75, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service.
Note: If a package doesn't arrive and you don't use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.
Baby Items

Eligible baby items (including clothing sizes 0-24 months) purchased from Amazon.com and most sellers can be returned within 90 days of receipt of shipment. Returns should be in new and unopened condition. Breast pumps need to be returned unused in their original condition with the factory seal and packaging intact.
Watches, Jewelry, and Collectibles

Items from these categories with a value of $75 or more must be returned using a trackable shipping method. Items valued more than $500 must also be insured. All product packaging (boxes, manuals, warranty cards, etc.) and certificates of authenticity, grading, and appraisal must be returned with the item. Jewelry and watches that have been resized, damaged, or otherwise altered after delivery will not be accepted for return. A 15% restocking fee will be applied to any items missing their original documentation.
Magazines

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your magazine purchase, please contact the appropriate subscription service provider. In most cases, the magazine subscription can be refunded for any remaining issues. The service provider can also update your address or help with any other concerns you may have.

You can find the magazine service provider by checking the order details in Your Account. To find contact information for all of our magazine service providers, go to Contact Magazine Customer Service.

When you order a subscription to an online newspaper or periodical, you'll receive a physical packet in the mail with login instructions. If you decide you don't want the subscription before you've opened the packet and accessed the website, you're welcome to return the unopened packet for a full refund.

If you've already opened the packet and accessed the online periodical, then the subscription cannot be canceled.
Automotive Items with a Published Manufacturer's Warranty

If you have purchased an automotive item shipped from and sold by Amazon.com, Amazon will directly honor the manufacturer's published warranty. Please contact Amazon Customer Service for assistance with a warranty claim.

For items purchased from a seller other than Amazon.com please contact the seller.
Amazon Basics Warranty Coverage

If you have trouble with your AmazonBasics product after the return timeline has passed, please Contact Us. We'll be happy to help you in any way we can, such as replacing the item under the AmazonBasics warranty. Additionally, if you have an AmazonBasics product that is eligible under your AmazonBasics warranty, you can always choose to exercise your rights under that warranty.
Computers

All computers sold by Amazon.com are supported by the computer's manufacturers. In the unlikely event that a computer appears to be defective, please contact the customer support network for the computer manufacturer to have it serviced under warranty.
Office Depot

Amazon.com cannot accept returns of items purchased for in-store pickup from physical Office Depot stores. You can return or exchange these items at any Office Depot location nationwide.
Items with FREE Return Shipping

The following categories have FREE Return Shipping on eligible items when purchased from Amazon.com:

Baby Items
Shoes
Clothing
Accessories
Jewelry
Watches (except those sold in Sports & Outdoors)

Kindle and Digital Content

For information about returns policies specific to Kindle or Digital items, go to Kindle Return Policies.
Cell Phones with Service

For information about returns policies specific to Cell Phones with service, go to Cell Phones with Service Return Policies.
Search Help:
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

3rd topic A-Z CLAIM 2 posts
About A-to-z Guarantee

We guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

The following items and situations are not covered by the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee:

Payments for services (excluding specific eligible services sold through the Amazon.com website)
Digital merchandise
Cash or stored value instruments (except physical gift cards sold in the Gift Card category)
Prohibited items (including items violating the Amazon Payments Acceptable Use Policy)
If you paid by credit card and the issuing bank has initiated a chargeback
Damage or loss that occurs to goods after they are delivered to a freight forwarder

You can file an A-to-z Guarantee claim after you've contacted the third-party seller through Your Account and waited two business days, and when one of the following conditions applies:

You made payment to the third-party seller through the Amazon.com website or a third-party website using Amazon Payments, but the third-party seller failed to deliver the item by 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date for an order or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner; or
You received the item, but the item was defective, damaged, or not the item depicted in the third-party seller's description; or
You have returned the item to the third-party seller per an agreement between the buyer and seller and the seller has not provided the agreed reimbursement to the buyer after receiving the item.

Note: If you refuse the package and the return doesn't have tracking information, your claim may not be covered by the A-to-z Guarantee.

You were not satisfied with the quality of the eligible service performed by the third-party seller.

Please also note the following claim timeframes:

For third-party seller orders made on the Amazon.com website for physical goods, you must wait 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date for an order OR 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner.
If your order fails to arrive, you then have 60 days to file an A-to-Z claim.
If you receive your item and it is damaged, defective, or materially different, you must contact the third-party seller within fourteen (14) days of receipt to request return information.
For purchases using Amazon Payments on a third-party website, you must wait 15 days from the order date to submit a claim. From that point, you have 75 days to submit the claim.
For third-party seller orders made on the Amazon.com website for eligible services, you must wait until your scheduled delivery time has elapsed to file an A-to-Z claim.

Note: If your item becomes defective more than 30 days past the shipment date and it is under warranty, you must contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

3b, [b]Filing A-Z Claim [/b}
File an A-to-z Guarantee Claim

You can file an Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee claim if you purchased physical goods or eligible services from a third-party seller on the Amazon.com website, or used Amazon Payments to purchase physical goods from a third-party website.
To file an A-to-z Guarantee Claim:

Go to Your Orders.
Locate your order in the list and click File/View Claim.
Enter the required information and click Report problem.

Notes:

You can submit a claim for the payments made using Amazon Payments on third-party websites by viewing the specific transaction details via Your Account on the Amazon Payments website. From the transaction or order details, click Problem with this transaction? or Problem with this order to file your claim.
Buyers are limited to a lifetime maximum of fifty claims for purchases from sellers on the Amazon.com website. Withdrawn claims do not count towards this maximum. Buyers who pay for purchases from an Amazon seller via the Amazon.com website and buyers who use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases from a third-party website are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including shipping charges.

read carefully. amazon pretty much dictates how and what to do. Make sure of your rights.
Hope that helps, Tony
TonyAlmeida (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Got two more case with two of my accounts. Don't know if there are real problem or just a "good" buyers

1. Item shipped via Priority Mail, show delivered, the same day buyer email said there is the damage and empty box, show me the pic and video of the box with priority type around it.

2. Item also shipped via Priority Mail, show delivered, the same day buyer email said he didn't received and item and demand refund right away.

Man, buyer these day know what they are doing.

What should I do with these two case? Item cost around $75

Thank you