My Conclusion on IP's - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
I dont doubt your experiment, but there is just no point in anyone taking the risk. IP address is easy to change for most people and when you are talking about risking your business over it, what is the point.
Well said.

Each of us must decide what will work best for our business needs.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I dont doubt your experiment, but there is just no point in anyone taking the risk. IP address is easy to change for most people and when you are talking about risking your business over it, what is the point.
Here is someone who is going to be VERY SUCCESSFUL with Stealth. EXACTLY the right attitude! Eliminate risks wherever possible.

Old 06-07-2013

Longevity: 70%

"the data base would be enormous"

Not a hard task for up to date computers
Old 10-26-2014

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: My Conclusion on IP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Aspkin, as N8zzz says, log in with a suspended account at an airport, university etc, would amazon ban every account that logs in from that IP. The answer got to me no. Browser finger printing and cookies etc are the main linking of accounts. I am also an amazon vendor in the UK, maybe on my next visit to their offices in Slough London I should log in on there wireless network with a banned account.
Micky, any updates??
Old 10-27-2014

Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junfrared View Post
Micky, any updates??
yea, wondering?

Same IP does not mean same person if they use different info/and completely different inventory.
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It's a quick easy lookup for Amazon to determine that the IP in question is a public wifi AP, and shouldn't automatically mean you are getting banned. A private IP address, however, and they can no longer assume that it's just another address a hundred other people may have used in the last week. But, just like the IRS and their audit score, which results in the dreaded letter once you score too highly, so must Amazon have a scoring system which assigns points based on your logged behavior. IP addresses are just one part of it.
Old 10-27-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

Forgot about this old post, but for the doubters after reading all the posts again. Accounts still running sweet. Draw your own conclusions, but I would say IP is a very small part of linking.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (11-17-2014), Lucifer (11-28-2014), Phd (10-27-2014), sax4 (11-28-2014)
Old 10-27-2014

Longevity: 55%

Well honestly if you are familiar with computer science, storing IP addresses don't really take up that much space...
Old 10-27-2014

Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
It's a quick easy lookup for Amazon to determine that the IP in question is a public wifi AP, and shouldn't automatically mean you are getting banned. A private IP address, however, and they can no longer assume that it's just another address a hundred other people may have used in the last week. But, just like the IRS and their audit score, which results in the dreaded letter once you score too highly, so must Amazon have a scoring system which assigns points based on your logged behavior. IP addresses are just one part of it.
Can you provide any docs that explain if there is way to tell if an ip is a public wifi or just dhcp?
Old 10-28-2014

Longevity: 56%

Public Ips are run by a company or an organization(can't remember the name) and private Ips run by others. I agree with MICKY H that Ip takes a small part of linking, but it gives Amazon a way to find out linked accounts. When Amazon decide to delete your accounts, you must create too many accounts on a Ip in a short time or those accounts are selling risky items. I ran two accounts in a library(all machines with same Ip) selling different items and they were runing well. One day I registered another 5 accounts in that library and got all accounts deleted.
Old 10-28-2014
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Forgot about this old post, but for the doubters after reading all the posts again. Accounts still running sweet. Draw your own conclusions, but I would say IP is a very small part of linking.
humph well aint that somethen... makes you wonder...
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
Phd (10-28-2014)
Old 10-29-2014

Longevity: 61%

On my private site that I host, we record EVERY IP for every hit. It is very easy for me to do with our small business and I would imagine even easier for Amazon to do...

I think it is a combination of factors that "flag" the account.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 77%

Any update Micky? I made a stupid mistake this week and my ip will now be linked. I'm hoping everything is still ok with your accounts ?
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I don't think that anyone is banning based on IP address alone, but once you trigger the algorithm, then they would start to look for similarities. Many people who use stealth tend to sell the same types of products over many accounts. So, two sellers of DVD's cross up the IP's. Amazon could then go in and look for other similarities. What exactly they would look at, we don't know. They could have a huge list of things to check, everything from what is being sold, to what time of day a user is typically logged on. My guess is a human is involved in making the final decision. Humans can see things that computers cannot.

I would just say for the record that I would certainly prefer to keep all of my accounts as far away from each other as possible. I believe my methods work, because I rarely lose accounts.

It will be interesting to see how IPv6 begins to play into all of this.
Old 11-28-2014

Yeah same. And I normally do keep them completely separate. But a stupid mistake I made has given amazon the opportunity to link my 2 best accounts.

I guess I'm in the experiment now whether I like it or not.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Yeah same. And I normally do keep them completely separate. But a stupid mistake I made has given amazon the opportunity to link my 2 best accounts.

I guess I'm in the experiment now whether I like it or not.
Happens to everyone, just be more careful in the future & hopefully your accounts will be fine!
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%

People are entitled to take any risk they see fit, they know the consequences, op has a lot of accounts so I'm sure he didn't test one of his best ones. Sometimes it's important for people to go against the grain and discover new things, or else we could be stuck wasting our time doing things we perhaps don't need to do(changing MAC)

We are all grown ups here and can make our own decisions and not blame someone if all goes wrong.

For example, some have the impression that logging into Amazon from another country is a death sentence, as a frequent traveller i know this not to be true.

I know people that even create Amz/eb/pp for other countries with their home IP. I wouldn't endorse this, but like many have said, IP is one part of an overall risk assessment
Old 11-28-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Any update Micky? I made a stupid mistake this week and my ip will now be linked. I'm hoping everything is still ok with your accounts ?
Yes Barry all are still sweet. However they all sell different items.Let me know how you go on, I would imagine you will be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (12-05-2014)
Old 11-28-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
People are entitled to take any risk they see fit, they know the consequences, op has a lot of accounts so I'm sure he didn't test one of his best ones. Sometimes it's important for people to go against the grain and discover new things, or else we could be stuck wasting our time doing things we perhaps don't need to do(changing MAC)

We are all grown ups here and can make our own decisions and not blame someone if all goes wrong.

For example, some have the impression that logging into Amazon from another country is a death sentence, as a frequent traveller i know this not to be true.

I know people that even create Amz/eb/pp for other countries with their home IP. I wouldn't endorse this, but like many have said, IP is one part of an overall risk assessment
Off course they were not my best accounts, but we have to experiment as you say. They are now pretty well established accounts since my original post however.
I am also a regular traveller and will log onto my USA account wherever I am in the world. However my EU accounts is a different story.
Old 11-28-2014

So how do you access the eu accounts if you're out of Europe?
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%

Quote:
From wherever, log in from Spain for a UK account of whatever. I tried this on a couple of accounts with no problems. Not endorsing it, people can make their own experiments
Old 11-29-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The EU accounts are run by employees within our offices. I can access if required using VPN.