Fingerprinting and Vmware - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-07-2013
Kelly441's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,457
Thanks: 104
Thanked 165 Times in 133 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default Fingerprinting and Vmware

I was told by another successful long term seller that when using Vmware you do not have to worry about browser fingerprinting. I have been running multiple accounts now for a good 3 months with no issues. Each Vmware session has the same fresh install of the same OS, same browser etc...

Has anyone else had the same success with Vmware?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-07-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 690
Thanks: 34
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

amazon dont employ browser fingerprinting. there are way too many reasons as to why this is but they just dont. I know they can be very tough to deal with but people seem to forget that they have 100s of millions of customers.

They would need a database the size of england to keep track of all the things people seem to think they do, just to catch a few sellers who have been banned.

As a rough guess suspended sellers trying to get back on amazon would represent 0.0001% of amazons total customers, do you think they are going to be spending billions on trying to catch these people. This is not aimed at you kelly, just people in general who treat amazon like the CIA.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-2013
TonyAlmeida's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,154
Thanks: 511
Thanked 408 Times in 319 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I was told by another successful long term seller that when using Vmware you do not have to worry about browser fingerprinting. I have been running multiple accounts now for a good 3 months with no issues. Each Vmware session has the same fresh install of the same OS, same browser etc...

Has anyone else had the same success with Vmware?
I'm, but I use different browser for all accounts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,943
Thanks: 5,701
Thanked 8,539 Times in 7,840 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
amazon dont employ browser fingerprinting. there are way too many reasons as to why this is but they just dont. I know they can be very tough to deal with but people seem to forget that they have 100s of millions of customers.

They would need a database the size of england to keep track of all the things people seem to think they do, just to catch a few sellers who have been banned.

As a rough guess suspended sellers trying to get back on amazon would represent 0.0001% of amazons total customers, do you think they are going to be spending billions on trying to catch these people. This is not aimed at you kelly, just people in general who treat amazon like the CIA.
Quite a few indications about browser fingerprinting - previous discussions about it:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...h-cookies.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-...rprinting.html

are among the links. There is a bigger thread but I cant find it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-07-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook you may as well treat like the CIA. They're some of the largest corporations in the world. You can bet your ass that they have the highest degree of talent in their IT departments.

Do suspended sellers account for 1% of all Amazon sellers? Maybe, it could be more or less... but as much as Amazon holds customer service in high regard, you could imagine that they would invest some resources in removing the bad weeds that would tarnish their name.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-07-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 690
Thanks: 34
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

the main problem with browser finger printing is that its so easy to get around. There would be no point in amazon implementing this for hundreds of millions of transactions when it can be bi-passed just by using a different browser or downloading a font. They have no doubt invested in the technology to link people and its very good. But it just wouldnt make any sense to use browser fingerprinting on such a huge scale for little or no return
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

https://panopticlick.eff.org/index.p...ion=log&js=yes

Gee, that was tough. "Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 2,950,342 tested so far"

This little website figured out a lot about me with their very little resources. That amount of data collected is smaller than any amount of bandwidth a seller uses on any given day.

In my opinion, this aspect of stealth deserves its respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
the main problem with browser finger printing is that its so easy to get around ...
Every part of account linking is "easy to get around," the challenge is knowing about it in the first place.

Last edited by n8zzz; 06-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-07-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,136 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

More myths.!!!

Way to go.
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 690
Thanks: 34
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
https://panopticlick.eff.org/index.p...ion=log&js=yes

Gee, that was tough. "Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 2,950,342 tested so far"

This little website figured out a lot about me with their very little resources. That amount of data collected is smaller than any amount of bandwidth a seller uses on any given day.

In my opinion, this aspect of stealth deserves its respect.



Every part of account linking is "easy to get around," the challenge is knowing about it in the first place.
Thats true, but you actually have to do something to get around those steps. If amazon used browser finger printing, you could go online for an hour and when you log back in you would be totally unique. If you were head of IT would you really recommend investing in that as a security system

Also a lot of the time its not accurate enough. Say two people get a brand new iphone on the same carrier. They log into amazon without downloading any apps. Do they both get suspended?

Anyone such as myself who uses an ipad and then deletes the cookies before using it to log into another account would be linked straight away. If they actually employed browser finger printing half the people in this forum would be done for as they dont take any steps to counter this and do just fine. I could give you half a dozen users right now whos set-up would be suspended.

Amazon never tell you why you were linked so anyone claiming otherwise is just spouting rubbish. Having said that if it makes people feel better then thats fine.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,943
Thanks: 5,701
Thanked 8,539 Times in 7,840 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
Amazon never tell you why you were linked so anyone claiming otherwise is just spouting rubbish. Having said that if it makes people feel better then thats fine.
They keep that info proprietary
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-08-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 23
Thanked 308 Times in 235 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

What we have to remember its not sellers they want to link, but people/crooks etc trying to buy goods of their site, other words people ripping amazon off and they use this technology against us sellers.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-08-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,136 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

@MICKY

It's a combination of both sellers and buyers being looked at by amazon.

There are bad sellers just as there are bad buyers.
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-08-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 690
Thanks: 34
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

yeah amazon are no doubt looking for bad sellers. The annoying thing about stealth is that there are some sellers who should be banned and not allowed back. You see them with 82% feedback and you just know they have another account waiting in the wings. I guess its a double edged sword.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-08-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 23
Thanked 308 Times in 235 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@MICKY

It's a combination of both sellers and buyers being looked at by amazon.

There are bad sellers just as there are bad buyers.
I agree GB, but there will be massive percentage more buyers than sellers.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-08-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,136 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
I agree GB, but there will be massive percentage more buyers than sellers.
That is so.
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,943
Thanks: 5,701
Thanked 8,539 Times in 7,840 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
yeah amazon are no doubt looking for bad sellers. The annoying thing about stealth is that there are some sellers who should be banned and not allowed back. You see them with 82% feedback and you just know they have another account waiting in the wings. I guess its a double edged sword.
Those sellers are either lucky, or wise to know how to keep under the radar...or just plain stupid and keep on operating without change of customer service.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browser fingerprinting & flash cookies GrannyT Subscriber Discussions 26 06-18-2012 12:51 AM
How do we know Amazon has started browser fingerprinting? MadSam Amazon X 5 07-14-2010 01:00 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58