scammer returned broken headphones:what course of action is needed?. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-18-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default scammer returned broken headphones:what course of action is needed?.

let me just say The buyer was rude and acting like a typical scammer and ass from the beginning. he didnt know how to turn on the headphones fom the beging. i told him that they have a switch and take batteries. he then messaged me back complaining they dont have instruction and he wanted to return them.this was weird because the headphone were in great condition. i expected that there was somthing up and a good chance id end up getting them back broken or books in the mail or somthing

anyway i received them broken of course. looks like he ripped them apart trying to figure out where the batteries went... aNd then returne them like this wasnt the case.

the account is a stealth account with about 50 transactions and is under a familly members name name.

Isthere anything i can do?. Should i let it go to AtoZ case because im sure it will if i dont refund. this guy is a scammer. a cheat. a loser. do i have any chance of winning? or should i just refund and move on.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 06-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2013
Threadstarter  

I was thinking about threatening to take legal action if an A to Z claim was opened. tell them i had filmed picking up the ackage from the post office and opening it in front of postal worker and the item ws broken inside and see if he backs down. then send back his item. good idea or bad idea?.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 06-18-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2013

Longevity: 65%

It sounds like you got a swap... his OTHER broken headphones. So I'm guessing those weren't the ones you sent to him.

Options:

1. Don't open the package, mark it undeliverable.. say that you didn't receive the return and can't refund until you have it. This very well may not go anywhere, or it could.

2. If the headphones are expensive, you can pay for the shipping and include insurance. If the item arrives broken... well then, you let the insurance company know that it was damaged during shipment. You didn't pack it, so you're not trying to pull anything. You get compensated.

3. Do Nothing and just let it go. Most companies operate this way. Often times it is not worth the time/money/effort to deal with a scammer.

Non Options:

Threatening to take legal action if an A-to-z is opened. This could get you suspended so fast your head will spin. If you had this guy's phone number, you could call and say whatever you want.. but you need to be careful about what you write through Amazon's messaging system. Also, anyone with half a brain knows that it's not worth legal action over such a small amount.
Old 06-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Well i already received and opened the package. So the insurance and marking undliverable is not a option. doing nothing. meaning just refunding?. Or ignoring him for now on?. Wouldnt that lead to an A to Z claim. or doing nothing by just refunding him?.
Old 06-18-2013

Longevity: 80%

If you dont think you can take a hit on the account or the item cost too much then defend yourself. Otherwise let him do what he has to do and explain situation to amazon.
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Depending on the value of the item, just refund him and move on.

Be lucky your account is still up and running.

A buyer is only allowed so many returns and problems in their entire amazon life.

Its not like ebay where it resets every month.

DO NOT LET HIM OPEN A CASE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

If he purchases from you in the future, give him BS about how youre out of stock or something then warn amazon about how he is hurting your business.

But right now, the transaction is 95% complete. Close it out and keep the jerk happy for now.

50 transactions is nothing to sneeze at now a day.
Old 06-18-2013
Threadstarter  

I did make a video of me at the post office with the headphones on the package they came in, showing them broken. And have pictures of the item before shipped and after received. I also have a receipt I got at the same time of picking up the package that is on video with time and date also asked a postal worker on video the time to match it up with the receipt.

I decided to play hardball and tell him The item was received broken. Asked him if he wanted it back along with telling him this information I just wrote above.

I also tried the tracking number on the package he sent me. Looks like USPS messed up luckily and it is saying it is invalid. I will be using this against him if it comes to a case. I'm hoping he just takes the hit and falls off a cliff and no longer contacts me.

If anything I will learn something from this. We will see what happens (:
Old 06-20-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
I decided to play hardball and tell him The item was received broken. Asked him if he wanted it back along with telling him this information I just wrote above.

I also tried the tracking number on the package he sent me. Looks like USPS messed up luckily and it is saying it is invalid. I will be using this against him if it comes to a case.
Well if you have admitted receiving the item, having an invalid tracking number has no purpose any more...
Old 06-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

in b4 free a-to-z
Old 06-23-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

If you have the same headphones, take a picture of them, and picture the goods packed with his address on the package etc, this can be used in an a-z claim to show they were sent in good condition

. If he is a real scammer and amazon will have evidence of this, i.e., he complains a lot and always asking for refunds. Amazon usually close these buyers after a while. Represent your case if he claims.

Also send a polite e mail now to seller support explaining the problem, other words get in there first.

ALSO, DO SPELL CHECK ON YOUR E MAIL SO AMAZON TAKE YOU SERIOUS AND DON"T THINK YOU ARE A SCAMMING KID !!!!
Old 06-23-2013

Longevity: 82%

To avoid negative feedback, a-to-z calm or chargebacks. I would recommend calling the customer and telling him that your sorry that he had to return the item back and that he should be getting a refund shortly, wish him a nice weekend. Recommend some headphones you don't sell.

Then email amazon if you like with your complaint and evidence.

If you get a negative feedback or if the buyer wins the case you, your account will take a hit on the ODR. So I recommend not retaliating.

I learnt it's not worth battling with these morons. Amazon will mostly likely take there side or ignore it. Only luck can play a role in your vengeance.

Notify Amazon and move on.
Old 06-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenge View Post
To avoid negative feedback, a-to-z calm or chargebacks. I would recommend calling the customer and telling him that your sorry that he had to return the item back and that he should be getting a refund shortly, wish him a nice weekend. Recommend some headphones you don't sell.
No real way of calling the customer - wouldnt really discuss other products. Just handle the refund