Selling your old inventory, how many quantity should you sell? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Selling your old inventory, how many quantity should you sell?

Hello,

I read a lot of discussions about the ratio of selling your old and new inventory. As far as I know 5:1 ratio is okay and 10:1 ratio is safer, but of course there are no guarantees.

I understand that I need to slow down in the very beginning, but when I pass a few reviews,

As far as the quantity goes, how many should you sell?

For example, if I list few of each new inventory to try to disguise my old inventory, how many of new inventory should I sell

For example random numbers:

New product 1: 5 pcs
New product 2: 3 pcs
New product 3: 2 pcs
New product 4: 4 pcs
New product 5: 6 pcs
New product 6: 10 pcs
New product 7: 11 pcs
New product 8: 3 pcs
New product 9: 2 pcs
New product 10: 5 pcs
Old product constantly selling:100pcs and more because I can reorder.

Now can I just sell the old inventory and keep the new inventory listed? Or do I have to be keep selling the new inventory? If I do, how many quantity do I need to sell vs my one old inventory?

Last edited by yc1212; 08-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2013

Longevity: 65%

First, to get something straight, someone pulled 10:1 out of their butt a long time ago and it was complete speculation. I have safely run hundreds of ASINs at 5:1 with the data from Amazon's exported reports to prove it. Some have said that even less is safe. So it's more like 3:1 is okay and 5:1 is safe. Also it is helpful to start you new account in a different city if you plan on selling old inventory. That is speculation, but it makes a lot of sense and doesn't hurt to do it anyway.

As for the actual sales, you don't need to sell inventory from your new ASINs. They're just fluff. You list just a quantity of 1 per ASIN and let it sit forever. Very easy stuff.. the most easy but probably often looked over step in the stealth process.
Old 08-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response.
Just make sure, from your reply, all I have to do is create bunch of New ASINS and let it sit there while selling old inventory? So you can just keep selling the old inventory as long as I have bunch of new listing?
I already sign up stealth under same city because I want to request the UPS pick service for FBA and I wanted to keep the address as close as possible.
I do not know if the UPS guys would be suspicious if I request a pick up under different city than the address on the labels.
And do I still follow the 5:1 or 10:1 rule, which ever, even if I create the stealth under near by address?
Old 08-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

Responded to OP's PM. Seems like he/she understands now. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

N8zzz,

Thank you for your PM reply as well, I just wanted to make sure, and your response will help a lot . If everything works out the way you've advice, I think it can be very good way to get back on AZ especially if you have some products that sells well.

I am still new to stealth and learning more info everyday....

I hope it works out and will try to put it on action.

Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2013

Longevity: 76%

In my opinion, and it is simply opinion and should not be taken as fact, there is no 'safe number'

every account will differ. I am of the opinion that Amazon have a metric of different factors that all give you points towards being linked, once you reach a certain number of points, you are considered linked and will be banned. No doubt similar inventory is one of the metrics taken into account, and the more similar the more points you will accrue.

One person may be able to list 1:3 and be fine, the next person may not because other things have added too many points to their metric already. Getting linked is a fluid thing across many different factors, all of which create a whole picture. It is the whole picture that counts, not 1 individual factor.
Old 08-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yc1212 View Post
N8zzz,

Thank you for your PM reply as well, I just wanted to make sure, and your response will help a lot . If everything works out the way you've advice, I think it can be very good way to get back on AZ especially if you have some products that sells well.

Thanks again.
Good luck - remember to have multiple ghost accounts going. Dont rely just on one.
Old 08-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
N8zzz,

Thanks again.
this is the bottom line of maintaining a stealth account.

Take whatever steps you have to take to stay stealth,

Be careful with everything you do.
Avoid thinking an new ASIN will let you off scott free too.
It is not so simple.

Old 08-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio View Post
In my opinion, and it is simply opinion and should not be taken as fact, there is no 'safe number'

every account will differ. I am of the opinion that Amazon have a metric of different factors that all give you points towards being linked, once you reach a certain number of points, you are considered linked and will be banned. No doubt similar inventory is one of the metrics taken into account, and the more similar the more points you will accrue.

One person may be able to list 1:3 and be fine, the next person may not because other things have added too many points to their metric already. Getting linked is a fluid thing across many different factors, all of which create a whole picture. It is the whole picture that counts, not 1 individual factor.
Yes, I guess there is no exact answer, but I am trying to stay off the radar as much as possible.
Old 08-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Good luck - remember to have multiple ghost accounts going. Dont rely just on one.
Yes that's what many people are saying, not to put everything on one basket, in which I will have to learn how to run multiple accounts in the future.
Old 08-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
this is the bottom line of maintaining a stealth account.

Take whatever steps you have to take to stay stealth,

Be careful with everything you do.
Avoid thinking an new ASIN will let you off scott free too.
It is not so simple.

Yes, still much things to learn to stay stealth, just hoping to stay off the radar and start selling as much of my old inventory as possible.
Old 08-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Yes, still much things to learn to stay stealth, just hoping to stay off the radar and start selling as much of my old inventory as possible.
Avoid rushing into this at the start