Amazon Edit Shipment - RECONFIRM Shipment Counts Against ODR - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-21-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Amazon Edit Shipment - RECONFIRM Shipment Counts Against ODR

So, its common knowledge if you confirm shipment in Amazon within the estimated dates, then it does not count against your metrics as a LATE SHIPMENT.

HOWEVER, I just found out that if you get the tracking # a few days later and enter it into Amazon and re-confirm the shipment, then that order now counts as a LATE SHIPMENT and is tagged onto your metrics.

As I always ship confirmed things on time, I never paid attention to this metric until I realized I was nearing 3% when I always confirmed on time.

Any tricks around this such as entering "TDB" when you ship confirm initially and then putting in the tracking # later? Does it not count then?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2013

Longevity: 65%

I was sure that this was based on when the item was delivered. It just kind of seemed that way for my shipments. So I'm wondering if you're talking about the "delivered on time" metrics that contributes to this?
Old 08-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
I was sure that this was based on when the item was delivered. It just kind of seemed that way for my shipments. So I'm wondering if you're talking about the "delivered on time" metrics that contributes to this?
It actually has nothing to do with the delivered time at all. On the Amazon FAQ it says Late shipments are orders that are ship confirmed 3 days past the expected date. However, it does not say anywhere that orders that are "Re-Confirmed" are also Late Shipments when they are 3 days past due. I failed to realize this and am looking for some sort of workaround which I believe exists but am currently testing. I'm sure others on this forum know the answer whether one exists or not...hopefully someone gives their input! :-)
Old 08-22-2013

Longevity: 76%

just make sure you adjust the shipment date back at the top when you reconfirm your shipment.
Old 08-22-2013

Longevity: 62%

Just enter a phake tracking number until you have the real one. Count the number of figures that are on the tracking number and input your own random numbers. This will bypass the invalid tracking number message. I've done it several times and it doesn't effect your metrics.
Old 08-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Just be careful when do that.

This is in my case, one of my account got poor status now cause of the late ship and delivery day. All my order are ship with in 2 business days.

These order was drop ship and ship out with in 2 business days. About a month later buyer request return for exchange and to keep the account I'm OK with that.

Buyer return the item. By that time I used Amazon print label to ship replacement out.
This month I received a email from Amazon regarding this problem as late shipment and delivery. I go back and checked those orders that Amazon mention and they all with the replacement ship
Old 08-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Just be careful when do that.

This is in my case, one of my account got poor status now cause of the late ship and delivery day. All my order are ship with in 2 business days.

These order was drop ship and ship out with in 2 business days. About a month later buyer request return for exchange and to keep the account I'm OK with that.

Buyer return the item. By that time I used Amazon print label to ship replacement out.
This month I received a email from Amazon regarding this problem as late shipment and delivery. I go back and checked those orders that Amazon mention and they all with the replacement ship
Did you already have a tracking # loaded onto the order initially? From what I can tell, if you input TBD or anything in the tracking field and later edit the shipment with correct tracking # days or weeks later, it does not effect your metrics. However, I have yet to test and confirm this.
Old 08-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum773 View Post
Just enter a phake tracking number until you have the real one. Count the number of figures that are on the tracking number and input your own random numbers. This will bypass the invalid tracking number message. I've done it several times and it doesn't effect your metrics.
How many days later do you enter the real tracking #? You have up to 3 days past the expected ship date to input a tracking # before it counts as a Late Shipment.
Old 08-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
How many days later do you enter the real tracking #? You have up to 3 days past the expected ship date to input a tracking # before it counts as a Late Shipment.
As early as possible - no set answer but Az likes info provided fast and early
Old 08-22-2013

Longevity: 62%

asap. No set answer like he said. Just make sure the correct tracking is in before any a-z claims can arrise. I learned my lesson the hard way. I had an a-z claim filed before I had the correct tracking. I attempted to change and correct the random tracking number, but it was too late. Amazon will disregard any changes to the tracking number after the claim was made and consider the original tracking.
Old 08-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
Did you already have a tracking # loaded onto the order initially? From what I can tell, if you input TBD or anything in the tracking field and later edit the shipment with correct tracking # days or weeks later, it does not effect your metrics. However, I have yet to test and confirm this.
What do you think? If I have tracking number do you think I'm not enter that information?

The orders that affect were the one I used amazon shipping about a month later to ship the replacement item.

When you use Amazon shipping label it will overwrite the tracking number you enter before.
Old 08-22-2013

I already told you all how to stop it affecting your ODR. Assuming you are a seller central user when you reconfirm just ensure the ship date in the calender at the top matches your original ship date and not the cirrent date, which it defaults to.
Simple, no order defect and no problem, if you don't adjust the date you will get a late shipment.
The Following User Says Thank You to studio For This Useful Post:
nebuspp (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

I'm not manually enter the tracking number, I used Amazon shipping service to create shipping label
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio View Post
I already told you all how to stop it affecting your ODR. Assuming you are a seller central user when you reconfirm just ensure the ship date in the calender at the top matches your original ship date and not the cirrent date, which it defaults to.
Simple, no order defect and no problem, if you don't adjust the date you will get a late shipment.
Old 08-22-2013
Threadstarter  

I see what you are saying Studio. I wasn't sure whether the Late Shipment would fall off if you edited the shipment a 3rd time and changed the ship date to where it should be.

I tested it yesterday with a few orders and what do ya know...they fell off.
Old 08-23-2013

:D

told ya.