Amazon suspension/personal name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Amazon suspension/personal name

Sorry about the length of this - trying to be clear about complicated issues.

I would appreciate any informed answers to a few questions regarding a second attempt to set up an Amazon Seller's account.
Here is the background: A year and a half ago I set up a seller's account, and it was immediately suspended because Amazon associated it with another suspended account (not my own). I had nothing to do with that other suspended account, but I did share its IP address (a router) which is probably how Amazon linked my account to it. (I was ignorant about such matters at the time, or I would not have even tried to set up an account.)

Shortly I will have a different IP address in another state (in case Amazon checks its general location) and a different email address. I have set up a new Small Business checking account and have gotten a Small Business credit card. Both have billing addresses in another state where I will be living. The credit card has the business name on it. My real name is on record with the bank as the sole proprietor of the business for both the checking account and the credit card as they required my driver's license information to set them up.

It appears to me that the one piece of information that would link me to my previous suspended account is my personal name.

#1: Do I really need to worry about this? Would Amazon suspend this new account solely because my personal name matched the personal name on the previous suspended account? After all, many people share the same name. In this case, though, it needs to be said that it is an exact match - first, last, and middle initial.

Assuming that I DO need to worry about this,

#2: When Amazon requests the bank to authorize their initial use of my credit card, would my personal name be part of the matching process, or does that consist only of number, expiration date, and billing address? Remember, this is a small business card with just the business name on it.

#3: If the account were registered in the name of another family member, and that member were authorized to use the credit card as well as myself, would that eliminate my personal name from the authorization process?

#4: If I use another family member's name to register with Amazon, would Amazon see a discrepancy between that name and my name on record with the credit card and bank account?

#5: Would use of another family member's name and depositing of funds into my checking account be illegal? Could I not be correctly viewed as the owner of the business and the other family member construed as running the business?

Personally, I do not like the idea of getting into shady territory. I have, however, been victimized by Amazon for matters that I had nothing to do with entirely because of informational links. There is no good reason I should not have my own business.

Thanks in advance for any helpful knowledge.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2013

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 63%

Please try to avoid using family members information. It is never a good idea.

As far as a credit card, it is best to use a virtual credit card (vcc) for about $25-$50. Register it before inputting it into AZ system, making sure the registered info cannot link to any previous accounts.

If you do a quick search in the forums, you can find the 'good' cards to purchase. Most 'stealthers' use this method.
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Amazon suspension/personal name

Agree with Phd - dont mess with family and friend's info - stealth involves either making up new name or using your own name variation (the latter option does work). Everything else must be new including address.