Gmail account error - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Gmail account error

Hi all, my setup is as follows

I have 1 legit account and 1 ghost account. Both use Gmail email addresses that both go to my iphone. I use the pop message forwarding feature for the ghost account that goes to a separate gmail address (with pop forwarding changes on my iphone don't reflect on the original gmail account e.g.: opened/read emails on my phone don't show as read in my original gmail inbox)

Tonight I received a message from a customer that I replied to via the forwarding account by accident. My iphone was on my wifi network at the time that is used with my legit account. I replied with the gmail app, all images were blocked and I did not touch anything on the page only to reply to the message through the app

I only realised my mistake an hour ago.

Should I expect the worse? My ghost account is still taking orders and the forwarding address has been added to my 'approved alternate senders' list if that is any help. I am worried about the IP address
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Gmail account error

gmail hdies your ip.

but if you have twice responded to customers usign the forwarding service for 2 different accounts, i think you still wont be in trouble.

as all customers are assigned a fixed email. and responding to an email will only be like you sending a message to them directly. get what i mean?

since codes like
adjsdjsdfn54dsd4f@amazon.com

dont refer to a specific email thread but rather a customers FIXED amazon email that never changes.

Last edited by roberto; 11-26-2013 at 06:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jeffdeath999 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
gmail hdies your ip.

but if you have twice responded to customers usign the forwarding service for 2 different accounts, i think you still wont be in trouble.

as all customers are assigned a fixed gmail email. and reponding to an email will only be like you sending a message to them directly. get what i mean?

since codes like
adjsdjsdfn54dsd4f@amazon.com

dont refer to a specific email thread but rather a customers FIXED amazon email that never changes.

What the OP wonder is about his/her "sent from" email and nothing to do with customer email
Old 11-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes sort of ;> The reply in question shows on my stealth amazon account with the orignal stealth gmail address yet it was sent from a forwarded account. The forwarding account is on an approved list whatever that is (i assume its for second ot guest users)

My main panic was using replying with my iphone on the same network as my main amazon account. if the ip is hidden figners crossed all is good.

I'll keep an eye out

thanks for your help

Last edited by jeffdeath999; 11-26-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
What the OP wonder is about his/her "sent from" email and nothing to do with customer email
My main concern is waking up in the morning to find my accounts have been linked

It was a silly tired mistake on my part, I have removed the email forwarding from my phone so I have to manually check for orders and messages now and use my phone for my legit amazon account
Old 11-26-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdeath999 View Post
My main concern is waking up in the morning to find my accounts have been linked

It was a silly tired mistake on my part, I have removed the email forwarding from my phone so I have to manually check for orders and messages now and use my phone for my legit amazon account
it wont link if you reply to a customer.

as anyone even me can send an email to the same customer you sent email to, if you give me her amazon email
Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

What will link you is web beacons. Make sure you disable them, if you haven't already.
Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
it wont link if you reply to a customer.

as anyone even me can send an email to the same customer you sent email to, if you give me her amazon email
Roberto,

I don't think that you get the point that the OP worried.

OP not worried about the buyer know what email address OP send from. Buyer don't see it anyway.

OP worried about Amazon caught him for sending a respond from another email account. Yes, Amazon WILL KNOW what email address the email send from. All email between buyer/seller are store in Amazon server.

If he repeat this error again with different account then it will have a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
jeffdeath999 (11-26-2013)