Customer requesting return after 30 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Customer requesting return after 30 days

Hi I am a noob when it comes to Amazon. I make pretty straight-forward sales and as of right now I only have one legit account as I reserve my stealth practices for ebay only.

A customer is asking for a refund on an item that is no longer functioning properly, but he/she is outside of the 30 day return policy. I don't know how strict amazon is with the return policy, how lenient they are giving buyers what they want, how much they love to screw sellers over, etc.

I just wanted to know what my options are for a customer asking for a return outside of the 30 day return policy. Do they have me by the balls like they do on ebay? Is negative feedback a possible consequence? How badly does negative feedback affect my seller account on amazon?

Sorry but I am new to selling on Amazon.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Customer requesting return after 30 days

As far as I'm aware, The customer has 3 months to hit you with a neg and or an A-Z claim.

Whats the value of the item and is it a non resellable item like headphones or software etc ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 11-26-2013

Longevity: 80%

Amazon is 100 times worst than ebay in regards to keep its customs happy.

If the item is cheap cut your losses and accept return. if expensive let buyer know that you are outside our return window but i can take it back for a 20% restocking fee. gauge the buyers response and see if you can assist them as best you can.

Unless you have an established account DO NOT risk a negative feedback or A-Z claim as that could be the end of your legit selling days on amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Hi I am a noob when it comes to Amazon. I make pretty straight-forward sales and as of right now I only have one legit account as I reserve my stealth practices for ebay only.

A customer is asking for a refund on an item that is no longer functioning properly, but he/she is outside of the 30 day return policy. I don't know how strict amazon is with the return policy, how lenient they are giving buyers what they want, how much they love to screw sellers over, etc.

I just wanted to know what my options are for a customer asking for a return outside of the 30 day return policy. Do they have me by the balls like they do on ebay? Is negative feedback a possible consequence? How badly does negative feedback affect my seller account on amazon?

Sorry but I am new to selling on Amazon.
Do not risk a legit account! Eat the loss, and write it off on your taxes. All it takes is one goofy customer to turn your account upside down.

Last edited by GreenBean; 11-26-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2013

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 63%

Is it a high value supplier of the item (true name brand) that offers a 1 year warranty.
If so, contact the manufacturer of the item on behalf of the customer to see what their procedure is on defects. They may send out a brand new one directly to the customer.
Old 11-26-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 62%

Thank you all for your replies.

The item was brand new and is of a value of $80 which is not exactly cheap. I have 9 positive seller reviews for this amazon acct. like i said, im new to amazon and do the bulk of my selling on ebay but i definitely do not want to lose my legit amazon seller acct over one bad transaction.

I may indeed contact the customer and see if i can work out some type of partial refund. If the item is not functioning in the manner this customer is describing, it would be hard to resell. Contacting the manufacturer is an option, but i do not have the receipt, so i am not sure if the manufacturer will honor whatever warranty they may have
Old 11-27-2013

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Thank you all for your replies.

The item was brand new and is of a value of $80 which is not exactly cheap. I have 9 positive seller reviews for this amazon acct. like i said, im new to amazon and do the bulk of my selling on ebay but i definitely do not want to lose my legit amazon seller acct over one bad transaction.

I may indeed contact the customer and see if i can work out some type of partial refund. If the item is not functioning in the manner this customer is describing, it would be hard to resell. Contacting the manufacturer is an option, but i do not have the receipt, so i am not sure if the manufacturer will honor whatever warranty they may have
$80.00?

All factors considered this is chump change. Lube up and take one for the team. Credit the person and move on.

Cost of doing business.

DD