same windows account to check all gmail account emails? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default same windows account to check all gmail account emails?

Hi. Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if it is safe to check all of my gmail account emails from one windows user and 1 ip address.

I have seperate windows accounts for my different ebay accounts and different gmails accounts and ip addresses for each ebay and paypal account.

It is time consuming logging in and out, changing ip's etc., everytime I want to check emails on different ebay/paypal accounts to see if I have any sales etc.

It would be easier for me to check everything on my normal pc and if any orders, I change users, ip's etc.

I use outlook in plain txt mode, no download of pics etc. Also, the pc I will use to check all of my emails will be the same one I (ip, user) that I will be using for 1 of my ebay/paypal accounts.

Anyone know if it is safe?

Thanks again.... I hope I explained myself properly
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2011

Longevity: 80%

It should be safe provided you block download of beacons pics etc...however I would like to know for sure as well...anyone???
Old 02-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glfalghero View Post
It should be safe provided you block download of beacons pics etc...however I would like to know for sure as well...anyone???
Thats what my common sense told me... in theory it should be ok.... but as yourself, I wanted to know for certain.

Hey..... great minds think alike !!!
Old 02-22-2011

Hopefully someonelse will chip in to shere experience
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 84%

That's how I've always done it, never knew it was a problem to begin with, I check all my gmails from same user/ip and check all my auctions from the same ebay by using the "find member" feature.

Last edited by jbluntz; 02-22-2011 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (02-22-2011)
Old 02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluntz View Post
That's how I've always done it, never knew it was a problem to begin with, I check all my gmails from same user/ip and check all my auctions from the same ebay by using the "find member" feature.
Wont this raise any flags with ebay as you will be always checking those accounts?
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Wont this raise any flags with ebay as you will be always checking those accounts?
I dont think so because you are only checking emails

I use plain txt, not html, and disable links and pictures.

I only started this method yesterday as I trust a post above so I went for it

If I get busted I will give you an update

I personally use it for only checking to see if any orders or messages. I do not click on anythink in the email. If I need to reply etc., I change my windows user, ip etc. and do it like that.
Old 02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
I dont think so because you are only checking emails

I use plain txt, not html, and disable links and pictures.

I only started this method yesterday as I trust a post above so I went for it

If I get busted I will give you an update

I personally use it for only checking to see if any orders or messages. I do not click on anythink in the email. If I need to reply etc., I change my windows user, ip etc. and do it like that.
sorry alps, my reply was to jbluntz as he claims to check his other ebay accounts auctions from one ebay user? I wonder if by doing this repetitevely from one account wont raise any red flags ?
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Default Mr

Quote:
sorry alps, my reply was to jbluntz as he claims to check his other ebay accounts auctions from one ebay user? I wonder if by doing this repetitevely from one account wont raise any red flags ?
I thought so after I read back my post!!!!!.... couldn't be bothered to edit it.. soz

I have myself done what jbluntz does.

However, since finding this site, I have become super paranoid (personal problem!) and I dont check my other accounts via that method.. (probably will start to soon when I get more confident/clued up/cockie)

However however, jbluntz knows what he is talking about so I personally trust him/her as from reading up on this site.... he/she knows the score.

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 02-23-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
I don't log in to the other accounts, I just watch the listings from another buyer account to see how many bids I have or how many sold and if that was enough to link me then they would link everyone else that's watching my listings to.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
glfalghero (02-24-2011)