Does Amazon suspend buying accounts too? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Does Amazon suspend buying accounts too?

Guys,

I sell and I buy on Amazon. I probably purchased over 15 items on Amazon and 2 of them was never shipped so I opened a case and got a refund. And I returned one item and also got a partial refund for another item that did not work well.

So I mean, out of 15 purchases 6 of them had problems. However, I never left bad FB or bad reviews.

Does Amazon suspend for too many returns? either from them or 3rd party sellers.

I also have a active seller account with them too. Are they separate?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2014

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Does Amazon suspend buying accounts too?

6 out of 15 purchases with problems seems very high. I have purchased with Amz for over 10 years with zero problems.

Even by not leaving negative or bad product reviews can still hurt sellers if an A-Z claims are filed.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 61%

NO, they can not suspend a buying account.

There was a court ruling relating to the Amazon Kindle and I forgot the terminology, but if they blocked your buying account, it would render your Kindle useless since you could not purchase additional Kindle e-books.

I have had about 3-4 selling accounts that are related to a buying account cancelled and not a single time was the buying account affected.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 63%

My buyer account has Zero problems. Years ago, I remember reselling a book I bought on Amazon, but do not remember creating a seller account. I don't remember how it happened, but I got my money.
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agray34 View Post
Are you sure about this?
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 58%

Wrong, iv had tons of Amazon buyer accounts suspended.
Old 04-29-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

@agray34, you are almost correct, for a buyer account not to be suspended you have to a Kindle in the first place. If no Kindle they can suspended your account if this wish.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:

There was a court ruling relating to the Amazon Kindle and I forgot the terminology, but if they blocked your buying account, it would render your Kindle useless since you could not purchase additional Kindle e-books.

I have had about 3-4 selling accounts that are related to a buying account cancelled and not a single time was the buying account affected.
umm, source?
Old 04-29-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

This, the license vs sale issue, has been a serious sticking point for Kindle owners, and is a big problem in all digital goods. It has affected Kindle owners several times already: in 2009, there was a class action lawsuit against Amazon on behalf of Kindle owners over Amazon's deletion of George Orwell's 1984. Amazon settled out of court, so we don't have a ruling that gives users any new rights. Under the terms of the settlement, Amazon agreed that it would not remotely delete works from Kindles unless the user agrees to the deletion; the user fails to pay for the book; a court or other regulatory order requires deletion; or deletion is necessary to protect consumers from malicious code.

A year later, in December 2010, Amazon got into trouble again for deleting a whole bunch of erotica titles from its store...and also deleting those titles from users' Kindle archives. When users protested, Amazon restored the titles to the Kindle archives for those users who had already purchased them, and called it a "technical issue."

Two years later, in October 2012, it happened again: Linn Nygaard purchased a Kindle in the UK and then returned to her home in Norway, and continued to use her Kindle, buying books from Amazon's UK store. After working fine for some time, Nygaard's Kindle developed a technical problem, and she called Amazon's customer service to get it replaced. Amazon then closed her account and deleted all her content, and would not even explain to her why until her story got significant media attention -- once the bad press started building up, Amazon reinstated her account and restored her content.

So...short version: Amazon has already been sued about this, and has promised in court that it would severely restrict its ability to delete content on users' Kindles. That hasn't stopped Amazon from deleting content on users' Kindles in ways not covered by the settlement.

The bigger issue, as I mentioned above, is the license vs. sale issue for digital goods. Unfortunately, after 2010's Vernor v. Autodesk decision, courts support this structure. It means that no, you don't generally own the content you buy online. You don't own the copies of the songs you buy on iTunes. You don't own the copies of games you download off Steam. That's what your end user license agreement is telling you: you license them, which basically means you're just borrowing them.

In terms of ToS:DR, it's something you can flag if you want to, because it's something people should care about...but it's how everything is done. Digital content is almost always licensed, not sold -- to find copies actually, explicitly sold online is the exception, rather than the rule. It's another of those situations where red-flagging everything will end up giving the user less information, not more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-29-2014), n8zzz (04-30-2014)
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 58%

TLDR They still delete your account, but when you try to access your digital content it works.
Old 04-30-2014

Longevity: 61%

I do have a kindle associated with ONE of my buying account. I have had 3-4 accounts suspended and NEVER was my buying account suspended.

I am assuming that they can suspend your buying account if you continue to abuse their system (high return volume, returning non purchased items, etc)

Never happened to me and I hope it does not happen to others.
Old 04-30-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
I am assuming that they can suspend your buying account if you continue to abuse their system (high return volume, returning non purchased items, etc)
Yes, this is absolutely true. People like to refer to these guys as "professional buyers" because they know how to go stealth and get products off Amazon for free basically.

Having a suspended seller account doesn't affect your buying account. But I THINK that having a suspended buying account can actually get your seller account canned. If you're thinking of doing something shifty at the cost of Amazon's wallet, don't do it at the cost of your own, aka, don't s**t where you eat.
Old 04-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Buying accounts can be suspended very easily too - too many returns, links to bad seller accounts, deceptive activity...many examples exist - there are posts about it.

Forum is geared more for sellers however