somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 63
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (1)
Default somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

This is the first time I see something like this..

In one of my Amazon accounts, I sell colored LCD replacements ( front and back) for iphones.

All my backcovers are generic and doesnt have apple logo on the back.

I only use FBA for this account.

Today I see a crazy amount of increase in one of my listings and checked it.

I was shocked. Somebody changed my picture and replaced with the same back panel but with actual Apple logo on them..

This normally sells 10-15 a day but sold over 100 today.. All these customers bought this thinking it had Apple logo on the back.. but my FBA inventory does not!

1-) How is this even possible?
2-) Should I refund all those sellers? I rather to lose money than this account.

thank you
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 12-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,265
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 76 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emings5 View Post
This is the first time I see something like this..

In one of my Amazon accounts, I sell colored LCD replacements ( front and back) for iphones.

All my backcovers are generic and doesnt have apple logo on the back.

I only use FBA for this account.

Today I see a crazy amount of increase in one of my listings and checked it.

I was shocked. Somebody changed my picture and replaced with the same back panel but with actual Apple logo on them..

This normally sells 10-15 a day but sold over 100 today.. All these customers bought this thinking it had Apple logo on the back.. but my FBA inventory does not!

1-) How is this even possible?
2-) Should I refund all those sellers? I rather to lose money than this account.

thank you
Another seller hi-jacked the listing and updated the pictures.

I'm not sure what to do in this case. If you refund all those customers, Im sure it will cause some huge flags for your account.

What if you emailed them and informed them of the picture error/change? Does your listing state generic screen replacement? If so, it might not be as bad as you think. Upload your generic pictures and then email the customers and mention they can return the item if there are any issues. Refund any extremely upset customers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

I had this happen once, i opened a case with amazon and they converted it back and warned the seller i guess.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,951
Thanks: 4,603
Thanked 7,063 Times in 6,434 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imboxsy View Post
I had this happen once, i opened a case with amazon and they converted it back and warned the seller i guess.
Case meaning A-to-Z claim imboxsy?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

why would a seller open an a-z on their own account?

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2014
oompaloompa's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,579
Thanks: 502
Thanked 1,475 Times in 1,185 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

yes, someone can change the pic.
I did it once when the item was outdated pic and shape had changed, exact same brand item though. I wanted to list under the item.
__________________
https://youtu.be/bn4t0BuClbw
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 200
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Case meaning A-to-Z claim imboxsy?
no, if you send amazon an email through the seller central, it opens a "case". There is a link in the bottom right with a case log
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,951
Thanks: 4,603
Thanked 7,063 Times in 6,434 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imboxsy View Post
no, if you send amazon an email through the seller central, it opens a "case". There is a link in the bottom right with a case log
Thanks for clarifying with regards to the listing
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 63
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

I emailed every single customer purchased this.

Attached the actual pictures of the product ask if they want to "cancel" the order ( although most of them are already shipped)

Few wanted refund. Most of the customers were okay with it..

I will contact Amazon too but I dont understand how could this happen. So anyone can change anybodys picture like this?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes, someone can change the pic.
I did it once when the item was outdated pic and shape had changed, exact same brand item though. I wanted to list under the item.
OP said someone changed THEIR listing.

Did you do that to another party or to your own?

It's not clear.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 63
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
OP said someone changed THEIR listing.

Did you do that to another party or to your own?

It's not clear.

I assume he did it for somebody else's listing but obviously for good reasons.

I seriously think someone wanted to mess with my account. I never understood how can anybody do things like that to ruin somebodys business..

E-mailing customers worked for me though. Had to issue couple of refunds of course but not a biggie
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,265
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 76 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emings5 View Post
I assume he did it for somebody else's listing but obviously for good reasons.

I seriously think someone wanted to mess with my account. I never understood how can anybody do things like that to ruin somebodys business..

E-mailing customers worked for me though. Had to issue couple of refunds of course but not a biggie
Nice job. Does anyone else sell under your listing?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-11-2014
oompaloompa's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,579
Thanks: 502
Thanked 1,475 Times in 1,185 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: somebody changed the picture of my FBA listing. how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
OP said someone changed THEIR listing.

Did you do that to another party or to your own?

It's not clear.

from what I remember, I managed to change the pic on the main page, so
the creator of the listing had their pic changed too, because it came up when I did a general search, not just on my stuff. I never really thought about if they would be pissd about it, maybe they were selling old stock, nobody ever contacted me, and then when I ran out of the goods, I deleted the product and listing from my inventory, I just checked now and my pic is still on the main listing.....that seller is not very observant or did not mind....
__________________
https://youtu.be/bn4t0BuClbw
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
update picture on listing gdsco Amazon X 0 06-16-2014 11:59 AM
I need listing software that also automates picture uploading TurtleCove EBay Tools and Software 4 12-04-2012 12:18 PM
Picture data on eBay listing Callidus Subscriber Discussions 11 05-10-2012 10:09 PM
use your own picture? menaice Auction Listing 14 03-16-2011 01:02 PM
changed phone number..how long to wait before listing? coolcat80 Phone Number Verification 4 03-03-2010 05:44 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts