Need help writing a good plan to reinstate account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Need help writing a good plan to reinstate account

I need your input regarding writing a good plan for reinstating my suspended Amazon account. Account was suspended a month ago for alleged counterfeit items, I am sure it was a competing Seller that arranged it. All our items are authentic, and we buy direct from the manufacturers, with itemized receipts for each item, time, date, and our name on the receipt. Amazon asked to provide 9 receipts and a plan to avoid this from happening, before they can reinstate account. We have already provided previously 12 months of receipts, but we will be providing the 9 receipts as requested.

The issue we have with our plan of action is that we really didn't do anything wrong. We've never sold a counterfeit item, and there is no margin for error either, since we personally get all merchandise direct from the manufacturers. There is no possible margin for error.

The only things I could think of changing, and already have changed are the following:

1. No longer charing 15% restocking fee, as this maybe forcing some people to file these wrongful claims in order to avoid paying the fee. (we provide free shipping, and sell high end expensive merchandise, so we were doing the restocking to recover our losses. Seems like it's not worth it in the long run)

2. Provide better packaging. We suspect that if the expensive merchandise is not packaged properly, it may appear as possibly not being authentic. We believe we were doing a splendid job, however, people are complaining that it's not arriving in gift boxes. Manufacturers don't provide gift boxes, and we ship it exactly the way you would purchase it if you bought it at the company store. Maybe it's time to locate and purchase gift boxes from somewhere? Tissue wrapped, plastic wrapped may not be sufficient?

3. Possibly providing gift receipts with each item? Now we are not sure if this is a good idea or not, but we could do it if necessary.

Any other ideas? We understand that proper plan of action ensures the probability of reinstating the account, and yet we have a hard time coming up with ideas. The problem is that we sell brand name merchandise known for having many counterfeits, so no matter what there will be people crying counterfeit even if it's not. Or have other Sellers do that, if we have the majority of the boxes.

Thank you for all input in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Need help writing a good plan to reinstate account

This was almost certainly a competitor. Unfortunately it's very very rare that they reinstate an account suspended for selling counterfeits. Just get a new account.
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
This was almost certainly a competitor. Unfortunately it's very very rare that they reinstate an account suspended for selling counterfeits. Just get a new account.
We are definitely getting backup accounts setup for the future, however, we've heard several stories of accounts being reinstated after providing detailed receipts as asked by Amazon, and a solid plan to avoid similar issues in the future.

There are two issues with simply getting a new account:

1. If you sell high end expensive products, Seller feedback and rating is extremely important - people are not willing to buy from low feedback Sellers, and also are willing to pay higher price to purchase from well reviewed Seller. This could mean that our business will be set back about 1 year or so, necessary to establish a proper account and feedback/box winning.

2. The new account is just as likely to get shut down again for similar reasons, as soon as it gains some traction. Basically we will be stuck in initial account stages, with lower profit margins, and lower share of the market, and accounts being shut down as soon as they go over the threshold and start being established/profitable. That's just not good outlook for the future.

On top of that, we are talking about one medium sized warehouse full of products that will have to be shipped from FBA back to a location, and resold. Huge headache, and huge loss of money and time. Reinstating the suspended account is of extreme importance to us at the moment, it's worth a lot more to us than 10 new accounts, if you will.
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 77%

Yeah I see why you'd want to keep it. It's difficult to advise an appeal as it would need to be tailored to what you sell. In the past there was virtually a 0% chance of being reinstated but things do seem to have changed a little on this front as I have also heard people claiming to have been reinstated recently.

From what I've seen of my own and others appeals you really need to keep the appeal to the point. The ones you mentioned above are not relevant although I understand it's hard to make a relevant appeal when you have done nothing wrong.

It sounds like it was Almost certainly a competitor so if Amazon are to reinstate you then you have to put a cross the legitimacy of your business. The receipts will certainly help and anything else you can use to support the authenticity of these products.

If you have a professional looking website or shop/premises I'd briefly include those details. I'd also add any extra invoices you have if they are from very reputable/ well known suppliers. They deal with these things every day and they will recognise then as genuine which adds to your case.

Unfortunately I've not seen much written on these forums about successful appeals. Maybe look at the Amazon seller forum as I have seen people on there talking about successful appeals and some good advice can be found.

Best of luck

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-09-2015 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-10-2015), RosieTosie (01-10-2015)