Amazon asking for Additional Account info - How do I avoid suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Amazon asking for Additional Account info - How do I avoid suspension?

I have a very worrying situation on my hands that could lead to suspension of our Amazon account if we're not careful. They have been asking for updated account info this month due to EU regulations. Here's why it's a problem:

4 years ago I had an Amazon selling account that I was using in my sole trader business. I was turning over about £35k a year on the account, but was lapse with my dispatch times a few times, and they banned the account. I then used some of the techniques I learnt in the forum to open a new account, and my Dad allowed me to use his name as the contact person on the account. Since then, I've built the business to a stage that we have 4 staff members, and are now turning over £400-500k on the Amazon account alone. We've also kept near perfect account health on our Amazon account during that time.

The issue now is that they want proof of the contact person registered to the account (my Dad) in the form of copies to bills to his address. The 2 issues with this are:

1. He now lives about 400 miles away from our registered business address on the account which may raise suspicion.

2. I've asked him if he would help by sending copies if we do go down that route, and he is very reluctant to do so.

Should I risk just telling them that I am now running the account? Would they look into my name and contact details if we did that, find that it's connected to a banned account and then ban us again? I really don't know what to do here, and need to act quickly!

Would greatly appreciate any advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2015

Default Re: Amazon asking for Additional Account info - How do I avoid suspension?

why not photoshop a bill ?
Old 06-05-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Amazon asking for Additional Account info - How do I avoid suspension?

Firstly don't mention your old account, they will suspend you instantly as you are breach of there T&C.
So the old account was just in your name am I correct, not a limited company or anything like that.
Are they asking for a passport or driving licence?
So you only need to supply a utility bill from your business address with your Fathers name.
If thats it just be creative as above.
Old 06-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes the old account had no connection to our current limited company name. I'm just wondering what Amazon use to connect accounts. Because thinking about it, I can't think of anything about my registration details on the old account that would be the same as my current details other than my name and DOB (I've changed address and switched banks since then)...So if I changed the current Amazon account back to my name, would Amazon register the connection to the old account purely based on a name and DOB?
Old 06-05-2015

Longevity: 53%

You would be best changing your details on amazon to your limited company and changing the address to your company address.

Amazon will still ask for the utility bill.

They may ask for M&A of your company and Directors names with passport. I assume there are 2 directors. A UK company can operate with 1 director and company secretary, so just send the other directors details. They will NOT do a company search.

They can you link you with name and DOB.