Amazon Individual account to Pro account ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-31-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Amazon Individual account to Pro account ?

Hi,
I opened a stealth account but now I need it to be a Pro account so I could sell Beauty products.
How do I do that stealthy? I mean - I need to do the Tax interview with Tax ID provided... I need to bypass that? I can provide them my Tax ID since it linked to a suspended account.
Please advise since the guide I bought (Amazon Ghost) doesn't explain how to do that.
Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Amazon Individual account to Pro account ?

I didn't know that the tax ID was a requirement for becoming a Pro Seller on Amazon. It wasn't that way before.

But anyway, if that is what they want, then you will have to provide an EIN, since it is impossible to provide an SSN on a stealth account.

The EIN will have to be for a business, either a corporation or an LLC.

You can get an EIN for free at the IRS website. PLEASE do not pay some service $100 to do this for you! It is NOT that difficult. You just enter your information (real information) and the name of your corporation or LLC. The IRS usually will immediately issue an EIN to you and give you a letter in the form of a PDF file that has all of your information.

You do NOT actually have to have an active LLC or corporation to file for the LLC. However, you must eventually set it up or give the EIN back. Don't worry, forming an LLC is easy in most cases, and also inexpensive in MOST states (California is an exception, where they charge $800, which is highway robbery!).

But for now, you want to file the EIN so you can get your account going. It takes 10-14 days for the EIN to propagate throughout the IRS' computer systems. So, if it comes back as invalid, you will have to have Amazon re-submit the request.

It is OK to use your real information with the IRS, in fact you MUST use your real information. But when Amazon (or anyone else) verifies your EIN, they will be verifying that your BUSINESS NAME matches the EIN in their records. They only return a code of MATCH or NO MATCH to Amazon. They do not give any other information. So, Amazon will not know it is YOU behind the EIN.

Just so you know, the reason you need the CORP/LLC EIN, rather than a personal EIN is that if the EIN is registered to you personally (or a sole proprietorship) then they will verify YOUR NAME against the EIN records, and that is not good for stealth. You CANNOT enter an EIN in the SSN field, because that also will not verify. So, a business EIN is really the only way to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (08-31-2015), TonyAlmeida (08-31-2015)
Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi jeffweico,
Thank you for your answer.
They do ask for TIN\EIN and I already have one but I can't use since it was being used in my suspended account.
Now, I can't have another EIN - so do I need to open a new corp?
I`m asking that since I had 3 stealth accounts that were opened for me and the guy that opened them did something to convert my account to Pro without asking me for EIN ... Obviously he knows how to do it since I paid him I thought you might be able to guide me how to do it as well without getting another EIN which means open another Corp \ company.
I read the guide I bought but it doesn't answer the question how to overcome this issue.
Thank you!
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Long time ago I don't remember the time frame. They ask TAX ID up front when you open a Pro account. But didn't ask when you upgrade an personal account to Pro.

I haven't open now account for sometime now and don't know if it is still the same or change.

How long ago did he opened and convert your account?
Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

a month ago
Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

I saw a thread here that says that if I`ll set Canada for example in the Tax Interview I wouldn't be asked for Tax ID \ EIN.
Can someone confirm that?
Thank you.
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

I think you will need a Canadian VCC, Mailing address, phone and IP.

Maybe rsot can confirm this
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Jeffweico,

Can 10 LLC is running under 1 parent LLC?

Thank you
Old 09-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

Jeff explained it nicely. He even knows about the 800 dollar CA thing which Im trying to figure a way around. Maybe just file in another state. IDK.

Tony. We arent financial advisors. You need to contact someone who knows about business structure and all that Wrong forum. Jeff told you what you need to do. Any variation on that is on your own research.
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

I wasn't look for financial advisors . I just ask a simple yes/no question