Amazon will phase out 3rd party sellers over the next 5 years - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-02-2015
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Amazon will phase out 3rd party sellers over the next 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
It's going to kill many small businesses but on the other hand I guess it will lower the prices for everyone so overall it's a good thing right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Stop copy/pasting your bullsh!t fantasy all over the forum. You've already posted this in another thread and several members let you know why it's not going to happen.

But if you want to continue to believe Amazon is out to get you, by all means, stop selling there. The less competition, the higher my prices.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...ignatures.html
Old 09-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Meh - sales will go on
Old 09-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
this is worrying, with al of us making a living online, eBay is slowly dieing, and amazon apprently will not have 3rd party sellers, no one will buy form our webstores either because amazon will sell it cheaper...

Whats the solution?
The world always changes. We just have to adapt. Blacksmiths are gone. Shoe Repairmen are gone. Newspapers are dying. Arcades are gone. Video stores are mostly gone. DVD's are on their way out and Blu Rays too. Travel agencies are mostly gone. Ten years ago, mortgage brokers were fat and happy and now they are starving. Realtors are nervous - with the realty sites showing pictures and video tours of houses, it is harder and harder for them to justify a 6% commission. The internet has changed the world and put a lot of older industries out of business.

I was able to make money before the internet came about. If eBay and Amazon close to third party sellers, I will find another way to make money. And my website is doing fairly well. Not well enough for me to give up on eBay and Amazon, but it is profitable. It took me 5 years to get it there, but you can still make money with websites.

The world is full of opportunity. You just have to find it. And when you do, take advantage of it as much as possible. Because what makes money today is NOT guaranteed to make money tomorrow. ALWAYS be looking for the next opportunity.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Callidus (09-03-2015), dealagreeproceed (09-11-2015), gonzoman (09-11-2015), josh (09-03-2015), Lucifer (09-15-2015), Phd (09-15-2015), yankee (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
The world always changes. We just have to adapt. Blacksmiths are gone. Shoe Repairmen are gone. Newspapers are dying. Arcades are gone. Video stores are mostly gone. DVD's are on their way out and Blu Rays too. Travel agencies are mostly gone. Ten years ago, mortgage brokers were fat and happy and now they are starving. Realtors are nervous - with the realty sites showing pictures and video tours of houses, it is harder and harder for them to justify a 6% commission. The internet has changed the world and put a lot of older industries out of business.

I was able to make money before the internet came about. If eBay and Amazon close to third party sellers, I will find another way to make money. And my website is doing fairly well. Not well enough for me to give up on eBay and Amazon, but it is profitable. It took me 5 years to get it there, but you can still make money with websites.

The world is full of opportunity. You just have to find it. And when you do, take advantage of it as much as possible. Because what makes money today is NOT guaranteed to make money tomorrow. ALWAYS be looking for the next opportunity.
Great advice as always Jeff.

Just wanted to point out to those who are gullible:

The sky is NOT falling!

eBay and Amazon aren't going anywhere, and neither is our ability to sell on either platform.

There's far too much money and so little management that we provide these two companies. They love us, working so hard so they can take a big healthy bite of our income.

Unless you sell phakes, then they hate you. But you already knew that.
Old 09-03-2015

Longevity: 53%

Yes things change, but at the end of the day people want goods and services, its just how they buy them, and amazon will be at the forefront of this.
The malls and the high street will slowly die, people will get lazier and just sit at home with a smart phone and everything will be delivered to door. Maybe slimming products will be massive in the future/
If we as marketplace sellers can have the right prices and can supply the service we will be around for a long time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-11-2015), josh (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015

Longevity: 69%

so do you have any plan after the 5-yr Mr. Saint? I'd like to hear now because this 4rum will not exist if your prediction comes true. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXLM View Post
AMAZON WANTS TO ONE DAY BE THE SOLE SELLER OF EVERY ITEM ON ITS SITE IN 5 YEARS.
That is its goal. One problem: It cant possibly house every item in all of its warehouses without becoming over stocked. How does amazon create a data base knowing how many items to keep in stock at any time and also during seasonal months? It has amazon 3rd party sellers fill in the voids while AMAZON CREATES ITS SELLER DATA BASE.
Amazon has created an program/ algarythem that analyzes all of its orders and sales from 3rd party sellers and itself. It is figuring out how much of what of EVERYTHING to keep in stock at any given time.
Amazon is collecting EXO BYTES of info of all the items ALL of its customers want, when and what locations. Heaters for the east coast during January, pools for the west coast during Aug. Pants during September.

Once Amazon has a grasp of all this info, it will slowly phase out the 3rd party sellers who have listings. Amazon will have all these items on hand at vairous locations without overwhelming itself with warehouse space because it knows how much of each product will sell and when. Buyer habbits based on price etc. MASSIVE MASSIVE PROJECT which in 5 years will be complete enough for Amazon to have no need for 3rd party sellers in the NEW listings

Amazon is using us to create its data base. It is already phasing out multiple categories because it has all the data it needs and is now the only seller. SHOES and clothing is one example. ONLY AMAZON SELLS IN THESE DEPARTMENTS.
Old 09-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

This is nonsense. Maybe Amazon does choose to phase out certain products that they only sell themselves. I have a hard time seeing there be a complete wipe out of third party sellers.

There are too many products on Amazon that aren't sold by them only by third party sellers, some of them more custom branded items. If you list items with lots sellers for a particular item from what i hear I can understand how you feel this way.

Personally, all my products I have to buy the ISN/UPC codes and create all the listings myself. I am an asset to Amazon because I sell things on their site that would not otherwise be offered.
Old 09-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post

Personally, all my products I have to buy the ISN/UPC codes and create all the listings myself. I am an asset to Amazon because I sell things on their site that would not otherwise be offered.
Hold on, paging the "What products do you offer and who are your suppliers?" Idiots.

Response from the entire forum: We aren't giving away our income. Stop asking.

That will be all.
Old 09-07-2015

Longevity: 60%

I agree with jeffweico, if any of you guys do plan on diversifying your earnings please use my web hosting just msg me for only $1 a month and $12/yr.
Old 09-10-2015
MU

Longevity: 55%

NO amazon likes the fact that people rely on them to sell online now.Amazon stopped a good percent of small businesses from focusing on a site that could one day rival them.AMazon in my head works as a crowd control for online sellers.The day they just dump everyone is the day youll see the internet flooded with new sites.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrking401 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-11-2015)
Old 09-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

No wonder OP was downgraded to "Miserable User" status by Aspkin.

Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Amazon is really simple. If you want to sell something that is simple and they can do themselves then you are probably in the wrong category or wrong items. Amazon, as I have learned being a seller for just over a year is much more than just books, music and electronics. People buy clothing to my surprise, auto parts, and all kinds of things.

For those items you are competing directly with Amazon with it can still be lucrative. I will say the fees are higher and you must ship items out extremely quickly. If you think Baseball has a stat for everything Amazon has a metric for everything. You gotta go were the sales were, eBay for me is still my bread and butter but getting like a 10% boost from Amazon is nice. Its an interesting dynamic because I have products that are exactly the same that sell better on each site and for a higher price.

If you can go FBA from what I understand it can be an even larger boost because you have lots of people who pay for Amazon prime and only look for that logo when they shop.
Old 09-11-2015

Longevity: 79%

Sounds like WAR of the Worlds, radio show. People lost their minds and it was all ⊗⊗⊗⊗. This causes mass frenzy for no reason. Really???? Is this Kim Davis posting the end is coming??
Really, ebay and amazon make money from us selling. They keep going!
Old 09-11-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatingebay View Post
Sounds like WAR of the Worlds, radio show. People lost their minds and it was all ⊗⊗⊗⊗. This causes mass frenzy for no reason. Really???? Is this Kim Davis posting the end is coming??
Really, ebay and amazon make money from us selling. They keep going!
It is the Sep 23rd mania!!!

Oh yeah, and I want to see amazon selling our handmade craft items.
Old 09-15-2015

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This is not going to happen. They earn a very nice commission on every 3rd party sale, in many cases more than they could by selling the item themselves. YES, they CAN get anything cheaper than you can. BUT they have other costs for warehousing and operations to consider. Small 3rd party sellers do not have that issue since we are our own labor.

Amazon can obviously decide to do whatever they want with their website. But I don't see them getting rid of third party sellers. As far as I know, while some categories ARE blocked, you CAN usually be approved to sell in them. Apparel, Jewelry and DVD's are blocked because of all the people trying to sell counterfeits. But if you have legitimate sources for these items, you can certainly apply to sell in those categories. When they blocked DVD's, two of my accounts were approved to sell them.

I just don't see this happening.
Agreed. 3rd parties are going no where.

Find Amazon's earnings for last year, and 3rd party sales were like high 30% of their earnings. Amazon stated in many press releases lately that 3rd party sales are a big part of them and they plan on growing that area.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoman View Post
It is the Sep 23rd mania!!!

Oh yeah, and I want to see amazon selling our handmade craft items.
Exactly. I want to know how amazon plans on replacing the independent manufacturers.
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 54%

anything is possible.....I know one thing for certain, Amazon is already screwing a lot of third party sellers since they lowball on just about every item in pretty much every category on their website already.

i would say this argument is somewhat invalid that amazon will phase out third party sellers.

because many of the sellers have their own brand name products on amazon. The only thing i can think of is that Amazon will attempt to replicate the products and put their own brand on them and sell. At the end though people are brand loyal. So amazon will lose commission if they decide to throw people under the bus because people might be 100% loyal to a amazon product as they would to a bose product of headphones.

Last edited by H4ck; 09-16-2015 at 04:41 AM.