Would it be better to hire a friend in a different state to make a new amazon account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-31-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Would it be better to hire a friend in a different state to make a new amazon account

Would it be better to hire a friend in a different state to make a new amazon account- instead of going stealth

this way we can do everything we were doing in the same account and not keep track of tons of stealth accounts

we were doing $350,000k a month in sales prior to getting the boot from amazon. I would not mind hiring him and doing everything under his name and info also cause it would free me up to do other ventures.

any pitfalls to this idea? we would make a new asin for all of our private label items but still sell the same type of items- also we would re brand the items and request brand protection with amazon.

we were selling electronic items and sometimes shipping would break them and amazon customers complained - too many products returned as defective or 'not as described' we think with better contact with our customers with email contact through feedback genius and including letters of contact in our products and improved listing descriptions we could lower the defect rate and be successful on amazon.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Would it be better to hire a friend in a different state to make a new amazon acc

The main pitfall will be

1 - How do you sort out his taxes
2 - What happens if he decides he wants his own Amazon
3 - What happens if you have a falling out

You are also back in the same situation that if that account gets limited your back to square 1. Having lots of Amazon accounts helps limit the damage of a single account getting limited
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
amazonrules (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Would it be better to hire a friend in a different state to make a new amazon acc

Great questions - exactly what I am looking for -- thank you jamesnorth101

I'm thinking to make a new corporation and let him be a 1% partner for the tax part.

He will never want his own amazon selling account

if we have a falling out I am screwed- so long term I will have to work on getting another one as back up- but I think this can work for many years.

I am also hoping the account never has a problem in the future as we will do a 1000% better job with amazons customers though I know anything is possible with amazon.

We are a big company and really want to do a good name brand and I feel if we have one solid amazon account it could build our business and trust to where we want- rather than maintaining a ton of amazon accounts.

Also we have more than $100,000 in inventory in FBA's warehouses at any given time- the last thing I would want is to loose that. So going legit seems to be the most logical in my situation.
Old 12-31-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm thinking about paying my friend $10,000 a year to maintain his amazon account and 1% on the gross sales which are over 4mil -- so he could make $50k / year- - he wants to do it and he is so happy to get started- I just want to ask you what pitfalls we should watch out for when doing this so we do it right.

We will have all different credit cards, corporation, name on the account, new bank account - new name corporate name on the bank account.

he will use his ip address- I will get a new computer and new ip address so I can help maintain the account as well from my location.

I was just suspended last month- which may mean amazon bots may be looking for a seller like me to flag.

we sell unique products special electronic tools that would be sold in home depot, and kitchen electronic equipment - --- so 2 main categories - with private label products with maybe 10 or so close competitors on amazon.

I can have him put up a ton of dummy listings- like things that no one will buy because we are over the price of the competition at a 5:1 ratio so our product mix looks different at first glace than what I had before.

We will not sell on any of our old asin's we will make all new ones with new pictures , descriptions, etc
Old 12-31-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Your plan doesn't make sense, it is exactly what you did to arrive here, operating one account, leaving your business and income in the hands of Amazon, every buyer that can send in a claim , and all your competitors that can shut you down at any moment.

The idea is to not need to worry if today will be he day that my income comes to a complete Stop. There will be a learning curve, and it can take a couple years to really get everything down perfect, but once you do its like printing money with no fear of anyone shutting it all down with not even a moments notice.

You will learn what tools to use to simplify running multiple accounts, and will be able to grow your business much large than you ever could with one account, and the best part is, you will no longer be at the mercy of anyone except your self.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
amazonrules (12-31-2015), CocoHead (12-31-2015), dealagreeproceed (01-01-2016), galigusso (01-02-2016)
Old 12-31-2015

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 85%

that's make no sense.
you can run as many account as you wish.
i am afraid your friend will turn to against u finally.
do it yourself.
Old 12-31-2015

Longevity: 53%

AMAZONRULES, I have a different way of thinking to most on here. I only run 3 accounts in the US. Two are very small turning over a few thousand dollars a week, and one very big account all stealth. I have found that if you have an account selling 5000 plus units per week this is very difficult for competitors to take down as one complaint/accusation is irrelevant as you have so many sales. Selling 500 a week on 10 accounts you are more likely to be hurt by competition. Also selling 5000 plus units amazon takes you more seriously and you get a sales manager. 10 accounts its easy for you to make mistakes, logging on with wrong ip's etc and lose them all with linking. Start selling on one account week 1 $1000 and double your sales on a weekly basis. I must mention I only sell FBA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
amazonrules (12-31-2015), galigusso (01-02-2016)
Old 01-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
AMAZONRULES, I have a different way of thinking to most on here. I only run 3 accounts in the US. Two are very small turning over a few thousand dollars a week, and one very big account all stealth. I have found that if you have an account selling 5000 plus units per week this is very difficult for competitors to take down as one complaint/accusation is irrelevant as you have so many sales. Selling 500 a week on 10 accounts you are more likely to be hurt by competition. Also selling 5000 plus units amazon takes you more seriously and you get a sales manager. 10 accounts its easy for you to make mistakes, logging on with wrong ip's etc and lose them all with linking. Start selling on one account week 1 $1000 and double your sales on a weekly basis. I must mention I only sell FBA.
That is totally brilliant.
On the large account you use to you use your real name that was on your previous suspended account or a new name?

are your 2 smaller ones ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names so you have a backup plan in case your real one goes down.

Your strategy is totally brilliant- if a fluke suspension ever happened- you have 2 accounts marinating at all times to prevent issues. - to me this is by far the most brilliant strategy
Old 01-01-2016

All accounts are stealth as said in my post.

Yes the other 2 are aged accounts and always there if needed and I am always adding ASIN's so they have similar ASIN's between them as my main account. Basically each account has 50% of the ASIN's as the main account so there will never be an issue of linking.
Old 01-01-2016

Longevity: 56%

If I had a $ for every time you told someone you sell $350k a month then I could tell everyone I sold $350k a month too.

I'd definitely set up a legit company with friends details for that sort of cash though, just use stealths also so you don't get into this situation again
Old 01-01-2016

Taking the Micky, your right, thats what my client does! He does 1.5 million a month on his main brand account, and has 2 stealth back-up's covering certain sku's, plus we have a distributor that I manage that has 50-100 marketplace guys all over his listings so SP can't ever find his stealths.
Old 01-01-2016

Same thing I plan to do with my own brand I just started. I'm just debating of making my LLC into a multiple member so Amazon can't link me as its single member right now and I did get an EIN with multi-member from the IRS but you never know.
Old 01-02-2016

Longevity: 62%

100% true! More sales - more protection.

Some things to add:
Was selling $20k/mo on one account for 6mo - dropped to $3k/mo on 7th, next got suspended on 8th month because of one complaint (with absolutely clean metrics).

Be prepared when you decrease your sales volume! Also consider "grand pre-holiday account cleaning" and correspond it with complaints on you within last 90 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
...I have found that if you have an account selling 5000 plus units per week this is very difficult for competitors to take down as one complaint/accusation is irrelevant as you have so many sales. Selling 500 a week on 10 accounts you are more likely to be hurt by competition....