I think Vmware maybe compromised by amazon - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: I think Vmware maybe compromised by amazon

No, you're right. It was vmware with multiple user accounts within the vmware. I just setup a new vmware with one user account and it worked fine. But I also changed BOTH my computer's mac address and my router's mac address. Not sure how many of these steps I need to continue doing. Can I just have a different mac address on just the computer and NOT the router? The reason I ask, I want to use my Verizon mifi for ip changes. It is so much easier. So using 2 mac address changes would be such a hassle.

So in short, the new account that works fine now is: new VM machine recently installed OS, new mac address for network card, new mac address from router.

Which step do I not need to take? I plan on making a lot more Amazon accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2016

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
They see your VMware just like a regular computer, they have no ide that it is a VMware. So it should be something else, that links your accounts together - same screenresolution, same system fonts, same browser version. Also they may link you by same images / texts / methods of listing items / VCCs used etc.
it's true but not ALWAYS true

Here's an article, which describes how usage of virtual machine can be revealed through vulnerabilities or "features" in some browsers Web-based virtual machine detection using the HTML5 Performance object | Amit Klein's security corner

Some versions of Firefox leak this data. Internet explorer and edge refused to close this loophole. There's no hard data that Chrome is safe either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLADen For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (05-26-2016), o.s.1 (06-26-2016), snapbackfanscom (06-20-2016)
Old 05-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Wow, that's some deep stuff. So in theory, Amazon can detect virtualization

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLADen View Post
it's true but not ALWAYS true

Here's an article, which describes how usage of virtual machine can be revealed through vulnerabilities or "features" in some browsers Web-based virtual machine detection using the HTML5 Performance object | Amit Klein's security corner

Some versions of Firefox leak this data. Internet explorer and edge refused to close this loophole. There's no hard data that Chrome is safe either.
Old 05-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

So, if op can still answer since his activity is at 4%, people still having problems opening up 5 Amazon accts in one day with VMware?
Old 05-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

So why exactly is bridged stealthier than nat? It gives you a different internal network ip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You've got that reversed. "Bridged" gives the VM direct (virtual) access to the physical network, meaning the VM would be issued a new local IP by DHCP and not have the same IP as the host. With NAT all of the VM's traffic would be routed through the host PC before being sent to the network, meaning any NAT VM's would share the host PCs local IP.

Bridged is still ideal for stealth though

Source:
Old 06-14-2016

Longevity: 57%

What's the latest on this topic regarding vmware usage and amazon?
Old 06-14-2016

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking401 View Post
I been making stealth accounts for8 years no issue Using vmware and switch ip addresses.I use 24vc alot which is a awesome service,Fresh IP addresses for days.However I make alot of stealth accounts with vmware.But for the last two months been having issues.I think amazon has a way of reading through vmware to see information your host computer holds.I can do up too 4 accounts max without any issues using a freshly installed Os ,vmware and the ip change.Around account 5 My accounts get instant blocks non stop at 5 hours after the creation.Until I refresh or reinstall my computers Os,then I can make accounts again.They are only doing this for the initial creation of the account.I do use windows 7 on vmware.Am I missing a special setting on vmware that stops them from doing this.I know they are seeing something.I think most forum members wont have this isssue because i make a lot more accounts then most people.But for the people who make a lot of accounts are you dealing with this?
I have the same experience , I had openned new amazon accounts over 2000+ why it's in bulk most of them had been sold. I used my method for 2 years used vwmare it's woking good. till last week 2 of new acc met review by amazon and suspended by amazon. I think amazon had update his technology. My advise is do not trust vmware 100% they are still some issues we are don't know.
Old 06-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Are you guys using the isolated installation or are you using the more seamless option? I tend to use the isolated option. U might want to check the time zone as well on the VMware.
Old 06-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Are you guys using the isolated installation or are you using the more seamless option? I tend to use the isolated option. U might want to check the time zone as well on the VMware.
What do you mean isolated installation or seamless option? How do you do one or the other? I just install from the Windows OS in an .iso file.

Is right clicking on the task bar time and date and choosing "adjust/date time" good enough for timezone?
Old 06-15-2016

Also, for those who got suspended. Did you configure the firewall to block access to the internet if the VPN or Proxy drops? I found using VPN on the vmware some times drops connection (as my VPN lags sometimes, perhaps that's why my VPN gets disconnected). Obviously if VPN drops and nothing to block internet access, then your main computer's internet and IP will kick in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Productions For This Useful Post:
o.s.1 (06-26-2016)
Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

The isolated option is I think two screens after you click add new VMware. Isolated is when all your files from the main computer is seperate from the virtual machine. The seamless option is when all your folders and files is integrated with the virtual machine, so files can be manipulated with ease from Mac to pc for example. I choose isolated option just to keep any integration with my main computer away from the virtual machine.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
Productions (06-16-2016)
Old 06-18-2016

How do you know if the installation was seamless? My vmware was already set up.

And how do you know if it was installed as a "bridged connection" or NAT?

Again I want to check my VMs that I am already using and installed. Is there a way to check the settings, and if settings are not optimal can i change it? or need to reinstall
Old 06-26-2016

Quote:
The isolated option is I think two screens after you click add new VMware. Isolated is when all your files from the main computer is seperate from the virtual machine. The seamless option is when all your folders and files is integrated with the virtual machine, so files can be manipulated with ease from Mac to pc for example. I choose isolated option just to keep any integration with my main computer away from the virtual machine.
How can I double check my existing vmware setup? And if it's not isolated can we just change it to be isolated in the settings, or does this require a whole new vmware virtual machine install from scratch?
Old 06-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
hmmmm....

VMware by default should be isolated from your main machine.

The only isolation setting I am aware of is Guest Isolation, which I leave on as it allows for copying/pasting content from host machine to the VM.

A VM should NOT be able to share data/files with the host. For example, if a VM got infected with a virus, it wouldn't be able to travel into the host PC - and this is a virus we are talking about, not even ebay/paypal.

There are exceptions to this, i.e. an extreme virus could use the network protocols to travel between VM and host pc.

One other form of data sharing that props up to mind is when you duplicate VM's and it uses data from the primary VM - or something like that... I haven't quite read into it, but this is for when you duplicating.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by Play; 06-26-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

It could actually share information with the host quite easily, at least with the Mac version of VMware. I do this all the time, take photos with my iPhone, sync it with my MacBook, while VMware is running, put all pictures in a folder on my desktop MacBook, go to my VMware and go to the folder where my pics are that was originally on my Mac . In fact, the pc desktop virtual machine completely syncs with your Mac desktop so all files on your Mac desktop can be seen on your VMware pc win 7 desktop. So now I just use batch purifier on my VM to clean out the pictures on my Mac desktop, it's really cool since I can't find a Mac version of batch purifier.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Productions View Post
How can I double check my existing vmware setup? And if it's not isolated can we just change it to be isolated in the settings, or does this require a whole new vmware virtual machine install from scratch?

Your virtual desktop is synced with your host, all files can be seen without complication, you're probably on the seamless installation.
Old 06-26-2016

Quote:
Your virtual desktop is synced with your host, all files can be seen without complication, you're probably on the seamless installation.
I use PC windows, and on my VMware (after default install of new virtual machine) I remember that the only access I have to the files on my desktop is via copy and pasting it to my Virtual Machine.

Are you saying that the default creation of Virtual Machine is seamless and not isolated? So then the safest bet is to just re-create all my virtual machines from scratch and start again or is there a setting to convert it from seamless to isolated?
Old 06-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

hmmm... I don't use VMware on my Mac... Im guessing its a Mac thing because there is no way I can get to my host pc files through a VM, let alone it all appearing in the VM automatically.
Old 06-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

In that case, you are probably on the isolation install. Remember tho, my version is the Mac version, the probably did this for Mac users needing to go back and forth between files. Not sure about pc version.
Old 06-28-2016

Longevity: 45%

I have used the same computer with multiple account but later I realized that after a period of time one of them was suspended. I suggest to use VPN.
Old 06-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I'm not sure if you guys know this but there is a Shared Folders option.
Old 06-28-2016

Longevity: 45%

I have loads of experience with Amazon. They trace you using commonalities as others have said here. If you're using the exact same settings for every single account then that could definitely be a problem. In Amazon Ghost I believe he mentioned changing little things even like system fonts so there's some merit to them noticing. They link accounts, they don't "trace accounts". If person X, person Y, and person Z are all using the same OS, with the same screen resolution, with the same Firefox addons, with the same system fonts, with the same patterns of account behaviors, they will most likely get linked.