I think Vmware maybe compromised by amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-08-2016
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default I think Vmware maybe compromised by amazon

I been making stealth accounts for8 years no issue Using vmware and switch ip addresses.I use 24vc alot which is a awesome service,Fresh IP addresses for days.However I make alot of stealth accounts with vmware.But for the last two months been having issues.I think amazon has a way of reading through vmware to see information your host computer holds.I can do up too 4 accounts max without any issues using a freshly installed Os ,vmware and the ip change.Around account 5 My accounts get instant blocks non stop at 5 hours after the creation.Until I refresh or reinstall my computers Os,then I can make accounts again.They are only doing this for the initial creation of the account.I do use windows 7 on vmware.Am I missing a special setting on vmware that stops them from doing this.I know they are seeing something.I think most forum members wont have this isssue because i make a lot more accounts then most people.But for the people who make a lot of accounts are you dealing with this?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrking401 For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (05-15-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: I think Vmware maybe compromised by amazon

Here is the problem, your assuming that Amazon can see beyond your VMWare...Honestly, I don't see how they would be able to see past your VMWare at all. Now, are you using the same exact OS with the same exact Settings for all the accounts you make? also, maybe it could be the CC your using?
Old 04-08-2016
MU
Threadstarter  

I understand that ,but the thing is once i reset computer that is hosting the vmware .WHole system clean ,I start making accounts again.Quite frankly I don not want to have to reset my computer every few accounts i create.As far as the cc goes ,when I switched to the vps system over vmware they worked fine using the same cc's.But yes I am using the same exact os and settings,i dont get how that wouldnt effect me even after I factory resett the computer

Last edited by mrking401; 04-08-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Left out important information
Old 04-08-2016

Longevity: 65%

Never had an issue with vmware. Are you doing full clones on each new installation?
Old 04-09-2016

Longevity: 53%

They see your VMware just like a regular computer, they have no ide that it is a VMware. So it should be something else, that links your accounts together - same screenresolution, same system fonts, same browser version. Also they may link you by same images / texts / methods of listing items / VCCs used etc.
Old 04-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I agree with the others. I don't sell on AZ but I'm very familiar with VMs. You must be making some type of configuration error.

What type of network settings are you setting your VMs up with? (bridged, host-only, NAT). Bridged is ideal for a VM stealth setup, while NAT will potentially cause links all day.
Old 04-09-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I agree with the others. I don't sell on AZ but I'm very familiar with VMs. You must be making some type of configuration error.

What type of network settings are you setting your VMs up with? (bridged, host-only, NAT). Bridged is ideal for a VM stealth setup, while NAT will potentially cause links all day.
NAT gives 192.168.xxx IP to the machine, which may leak out via WebRTC. Bridged gives the same IP as the Host has. So yes, bridged is better.
Old 04-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
NAT gives 192.168.xxx IP to the machine, which may leak out via WebRTC. Bridged gives the same IP as the Host has. So yes, bridged is better.
You've got that reversed. "Bridged" gives the VM direct (virtual) access to the physical network, meaning the VM would be issued a new local IP by DHCP and not have the same IP as the host. With NAT all of the VM's traffic would be routed through the host PC before being sent to the network, meaning any NAT VM's would share the host PCs local IP.

Bridged is still ideal for stealth though

Source:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (05-26-2016), PolMart (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking401 View Post
I understand that ,but the thing is once i reset computer that is hosting the vmware .WHole system clean ,I start making accounts again.Quite frankly I don not want to have to reset my computer every few accounts i create.As far as the cc goes ,when I switched to the vps system over vmware they worked fine using the same cc's.But yes I am using the same exact os and settings,i dont get how that wouldnt effect me even after I factory resett the computer
in my experience amazon are able to detect a computer by unique settings , for this reason I think it is essential to use virtual machines with different operating systems , different browsers and change various settings

when you clone machines then you basically do the same thing as creating an additional user on the same computer as all those machines are identical which is not a problem as long as none of the sellers with such a computer was suspended.

in the past I used the same computer with multiple users for different amazon accounts but later I noticed that after one was suspended they also suspended all the others and this despite different ip addresses and cookie separation.eventually they have a way to identify the actual computer and unfortunately cloned machines are the same computer if nothing is done additionally to change this

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 04-09-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2016

Longevity: 50%

hmm very interesting thread.i use bridged and dont have any issues but like murdered by ebay said...

Quote:
when you clone machines then you basically do the same thing as creating an additional user on the same computer as all those machines are identical which is not a problem as long as none of the sellers with such a computer was suspended.
maybe change the browser and plug-in will work? But my old account had so many different ad-on and plug-ins. i will never use the same setup-for my stealth. definitely one of the reason i never been linked...However.. i do need to make each one clone a tad bit different...

Last edited by bettahman; 04-09-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettahman View Post
hmm very interesting thread.i use bridged and dont have any issues but like murdered by ebay said...

maybe change the browser and plug-in will work? But my old account had so many different ad-on and plug-ins. i will never use the same setup-for my stealth. definitely one of the reason i never been linked...However.. i do need to make each one clone a tad bit different...
Maybe install different plugins thru each acct?
Old 04-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have NEVER liked VMware, especially for Amazon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-18-2016), vela1987 (05-17-2016)
Old 04-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I have NEVER liked VMware, especially for Amazon.
What you use Jeff?
Old 04-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettahman View Post

I personally think it is better not to make any clones but to create a new machine , it takes maybe 1-2 hours but this way you get a totally new system without the slightest chance of having anything there that could connect you to another machine , of course this would also mean to change some windows settings but in general clones may be dangerous depending on how you do it , especially if you clone a machine that was used on amazon in the past

the whole thing with clones is somewhat ambiguous because amazon actually don't care about using the same computer or same settings as long as no user name was suspended so it may make the impression that different users on the same computer or identical machines with same settings work without problems
Old 04-17-2016

Longevity: 65%

Very interesting! I've been using one mac with many user accounts and VPN with fresh dedicated IPs for each account and never had a problem before. Do I need to worry? I just had couple accounts go down, would I be linked on all the other accounts, if murdered by ebay is right?
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Very interesting! I've been using one mac with many user accounts and VPN with fresh dedicated IPs for each account and never had a problem before. Do I need to worry? I just had couple accounts go down, would I be linked on all the other accounts, if murdered by ebay is right?

You don't need to worry, because what you're doing is not cloning virtual machines. From what you described you're not using virtual machines at all so the warnings in this thread would not apply to your set up.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
alekov (05-19-2016)
Old 04-17-2016

amazon have different levels of search for associated account

probably it depends on the reason why you were suspended , there are certain reasons where amazon would pull the full search for associated accounts on you.I don't know how mac works but with windows computers I would refrain from using the same computer for more than one account

I personally did in the past but my experience with this was bad , I lost several accounts with no obvious link to others , this even affected brandnew accounts where only a few items had been sold that did not have any connection to any accounts I ever had in the past
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I'm quite sure WebRTC is not a tracking factor. Literally millions of PCs would have the same internal IP address, and this isn't practical at all for profiling.

You can also turn off WebRTC for certain browser. For example in firefox, all you have to do is set media.peerconnection.enabled to false in about:config.
Old 04-18-2016

which credit card you use to open new accounts ??
Old 04-18-2016
MU
Threadstarter  

I stopped having the issue when I switched to bridge.I guess they started using something under nat to figure out if i was making multiple accounts.Every time I hit account 4-5 it was instant suspensions from there on out.Unless i factory reset the computer and restarted the process again
Old 05-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Just created one myself and it was suspended under creation, just used a user account and that was it. I'm thinking maybe the user name I picked could be closely associated with one that was suspended. For example let's say user name was rottentomatoes was taken, so I try rottentomatoes2 and that was taken, finally, rottentomatoes3, that went through and that was the one that got suspended. Frustrating.
Old 05-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

What exactly is your process? Im almost positive there is no way they can link you via vmware.