Building backup accounts while having real account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Building backup accounts while having real account?

So I have my real account. All Legit.I am looking at buying a ghost account(s) and weighing the Pros & Cons. I don't want to be out on my ass if Amazon decides one day to screw me like it has so many here.

Im curious if you think its smart to start aging others now for backup or to wait for some axe to fall one day? Also, Can I sell similar items?
Can Amazon really see my MAC address or will a VPS from Webkeepers do? Also if the one I buy comes with a VPS will they notice when I switch?

I also have concerns with bypassing Drivers Licence and insistence on Tax ID Number AFTER EIN is provided.

Thanks in advance guys, I love this forum!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2016

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Building backup accounts while having real account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuJitsuTom View Post
So I have my real account. All Legit.I am looking at buying a ghost account(s) and weighing the Pros & Cons. I don't want to be out on my ass if Amazon decides one day to screw me like it has so many here.

Im curious if you think its smart to start aging others now for backup or to wait for some axe to fall one day? Also, Can I sell similar items?
Can Amazon really see my MAC address or will a VPS from Webkeepers do? Also if the one I buy comes with a VPS will they notice when I switch?

I also have concerns with bypassing Drivers Licence and insistence on Tax ID Number AFTER EIN is provided.

Thanks in advance guys, I love this forum!
create as many stealth accounts as you can - the more u can create the more risk is spread out i.e minimising risk to your business
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

You might as well create it now and nurture them. I'd move away slowly from your legit acct and become a ghost. Eventually your legit acct is gonna go down anyways, even if u sell totally legit stuff, by way of unreasonable customers.
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Amazon do not see your MAC address as of today.

Do more research before making accounts.

Webmasters may be blacklisted. Look at other options.

When you make accounts ensure you have no similarities.

amazon links on similarities.
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Edited out - not for Az.

Last edited by rsot; 04-11-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuJitsuTom View Post
I don't want to be out on my ass if Amazon decides one day to screw me like it has so many here.
So many factors to consider including what you sell, competition, etc :( nothing is 100% sadly.
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Browse and bid then sell low-end items to build
On amazon?

Are you joking?
rsot (04-11-2016)
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

I agree on spreading accounts and aging as far as eBay Stealth as I already lost my primary years ago (112,000+ FB account down the drain!) but it seems Amazon is so good at metrics that if I start aging some now but they see a similar pattern I had not anticipated.

Question is, if you could go back and have your real one, would you keep it UNTIL its gone or risk losing it by aging and building ghosts on VPS using the same PC. Never had an eBay problem with webkeepers. 11+ accounts now past 12 month mark all with + feedback etc. So with ebay, I know what I am doing, but in general with Amazon I am not seeing the kind of confidence I am from "Ghosters" as oppose to the ebay "Stealthers"on here...

Thanks for the responses. This is a tough one for me to decide one. Im all FBA Im all 100% perfect BUT I see the handwriting on the wall. I see the eBay abuses showing up more and more here. The shifty buyers scamming FBA people now moving over from the ebay world to Amazon or adding it to their "portfolio." Knowing even if I do everything perfect that I cannot control my own destiny on Amazon makes me want to have contingencies but not at the cost of losing my main....Ghosts are usually bought in hindsight. Hard to do with foresight because the risk could be so large. Uggh
Old 04-13-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Be safe than be sorry. You can keep selling like 90% in your main account, 5% in your backup account 1, 5% in your backup account 2, so you can build selling history and feedback for these accounts. If the item is popular, you can sell them in both accounts. But if the item is your private label, you probably should not do that.
Old 04-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

OP!

Change the mind set is my .2cents. You have an opportunity to still have your real account. Work that as well as you can, and make sure you keep your metrics etc within amazon demand.
But create "ghost" accounts to be a back up to a main account.

Here is where your skills you have discovered with ebay should serve you well.

Make new accounts that are an entirely new you. Ensure nothing remotely links to the main account. This is where accounts fail. amazon is anal with looking AND finding similarities between accounts.

Consider a different means of internet access. There are many steps to take with making ghost accounts.

Have a think about this angle and shout out if this interests you.
Old 04-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Best of luck OP - change the mind set as suggested and report back.
Old 04-13-2016
Threadstarter  

I think we are on the same page, my concern is will a VPS from webkeepers on a new Windows User account with different history on the PC going to be enough to keep me firewalled from their reach.

I have built a test "buy" account and purchased a few Amazon items and it went fine. I don't see that they can see my PC at all. But I do not think they care to look unless there are 2 accounts Selling.

I guess Im sold on starting new accounts now.
The only thing Im not sold on is

a. Will I truly be safe from a linking?
b. how worth it a "real" account is on Amazon vs eBay(which I know inside out). For instance on eBay its all about monthly selling limits, Amazon lets you launch and move FBA very fast. Limited really only to the amount you can sell.

Your insights have been helpful but I want to know, honestly, if your REAL account was even remotely on the line would you postpone future ghost growth to when the axe falls or would you risk (even remotely) a current link. AKA what is the tru value of a "real" account without the punishment of eBays monthly sales volume/dollar amount thresholds?

Thanks again
Old 04-14-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

The VPS is good enough to keep you out of their eyes, for technical issue like IP address, operating systems, browser or MAC address. Now you only need to create an account on that VPS with completely unique information, and you should be fine.

And it is worthy to maintain a or a few backup accounts, trust me, everyone here do it, you may never know when the axe coming to you. And when it comes, you may get a big trouble if you do not have a backup account.
Old 04-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Once you are Stealth for a while and hear/read of the issues that befall others, you start to change your ideas and create accounts...

Applies to both amazon & ebay.

One plug (again) for not using webkeepers on new stealth accounts. Be a new you!

Good Luck
Old 04-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Don't need a VPS with all the IP options in the States available...
Old 04-15-2016

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Don't need a VPS with all the IP options in the States available...
What options are you talking about? Just curious... I'm using VPNs with dedicated fresh IPs, but cost can get high adding around $130 per year for each if you are running many accounts. Would love to figure out the most cost effective yet safe method for running 10 or so AMZ accounts...
Old 04-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Unbelievable. It will get re-instated as I have proof of authenticity but because of scammers and phony items people like me get thrown under the bus!
"seller-performance-policy@amazon.com
11:35 PM (12 hours ago)

to me
Hello,

We have removed your listing because of a buyer or rights owner complaint about the condition of an item they received from you. Your listing will remain inactive until we can work with you to resolve the concern."

Now I have to dance through hoops and lose sales in the meantime!
Uggh eBay flashbacks all over again.
Old 04-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I completely agree with one of the posts above, and will just repeat it to emphasise on the point. To create an account and leave dormant is useless. But to create it and 'nurture' it, is the best way forward.

Avoid selling same category between real/ghost (on any account for that matter). Spread it out slowly.

This would be an awesome backup plan for when you were to fall. Not many people are in your position, whereby you found out about stealth/ghost before your genuine account is hit, its usually the other way round, and the best part of it is, you now know from reading about what causes real accounts to fall (too much sales, too rapid sales, risky sales etc.) you can use that to your advantage to hold on to all your accounts.

Basically put, take advantage of your situation. Be wise. Be smart. Be patient.
Old 04-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I completely agree with one of the posts above, and will just repeat it to emphasise on the point. To create an account and leave dormant is useless. But to create it and 'nurture' it, is the best way forward.

Avoid selling same category between real/ghost (on any account for that matter). Spread it out slowly.

This would be an awesome backup plan for when you were to fall. Not many people are in your position, whereby you found out about stealth/ghost before your genuine account is hit, its usually the other way round, and the best part of it is, you now know from reading about what causes real accounts to fall (too much sales, too rapid sales, risky sales etc.) you can use that to your advantage to hold on to all your accounts.

Basically put, take advantage of your situation. Be wise. Be smart. Be patient.
Thanks for your thoughtful response. After PROVING I have real product I was not shocked but pissed to read this today:
"Hello,

Thank you for responding to our request for information. After reviewing the information that you have provided, we have determined that you may not offer these items on our site. We have removed your listings for these items.

ASIN:

What you can do

Refrain from re-listing these products once you have been notified of a restriction.

What happens next

Please remember that additional restrictions or complaints about your listings may result in the removal of your Amazon selling privileges.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com"

****ing @ssholes! Receipts invoices credit card print screen they just don't give a **** do they?!
Old 04-22-2016

Some brands they just dont allow you to sell (keep in mind).
Old 04-22-2016
Threadstarter  

I provided so much proof and they suspended me . Im on the phone as I type this. My ODR is perfect all is in the Green. Proof of receipt for this ASIN that this @sshole seller is buying up and screwing people on to protect his product.

I have proof of all my 39+ SKUS I sent them in EVERYTHING luckily the person on the phone sounds like they can help after looking at my seller performance and seeing it is absolutely flawless.

Person says they can reinstate it but I will be on a long hold while she speaks to her team. I feel like getting ghost and actually f@cking that guy over! This better get I'm not going to use it resolved in my favor. I am a master of eBay Stealth and if I have to get good at Ghost I will be as about as ethical as Amazon is! No wonder people sell phony sh!t or try to get in and out because above board sellers like get dragged under with the scammers if some @ss decides of to falsely accuse me. If you compete with "hot items" you get this ****. I will be relegated to sell the equivalent of basically dollar items on FBA with 1-3 bucks profit. Havent been this pissed off in a long time. I provided proof! @ssholes said it coudl have been "altered?" wtf by that logic they have an airtight counter argument to all proven items even from a seller with NO faults in their history and PERFECT performance. This definitely convinced me to start and nurture ghost account. ****ing @ssholes
Old 04-23-2016

Yup! Keep trying, if its a flawless account. Dont bother with the scum. Let scums be scums, dont drag yourself down. Focus on keeping your account flawless.