Need advice on how to sell again on Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU eBay Suspensions

Old 09-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Need advice on how to sell again on Ebay

I have a few more items I need to sell on Ebay but one of my accounts became suspended for 7 days due to Trademark Violation (not Vero).
So obviously I can't use any of my accounts to list the rest of my goods as no doubt they'll link me hence the warning I received from them not to use any existing ebay accounts.
I'm on ADSL & have a dynamic IP which I've tried forcing a change by leaving modem off overnight to no avail & my ISP said I need to get a Static IP to ensure the change.
Problem being is my partner has an ebay account with hundreds of positive feedback that she doesn't want affected in anyway.
So I thought of either changing the ISP & re registering with ebay for a new account or 3 so I can get rid of the rest of this stuff I bought to sell on ebay but then I know we won't be able to read any emails from ebay in reference to any of our other accounts as they'll link the new IP address or I could open a new account from my work computer & sell from there for a 3 day listing on a few new accounts but then won't be able to read any emails ie questions on the listings as I'm only in office 3 days of the week & want to list items to end on the weekend or a Monday.
I just want to quickly get rid of this stuff I bought to sell on ebay. My partner said I can use her paypal account to accept the payments but I guess they'll link us that way?
Do I need to re register about 3 accounts to get rid of about 20 items I've got left to sell from a different computer or from my new IP address while not touching ebay on any of our existing accounts including reading emails on the new account?
Do I also need to open up a new paypal account as all my details will be the same even if I get a new bank account? They'll link me from my name?
I'm stumped on what to do & need a quick fix if there's any?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2008

Default 7 day suspension

Why don't you just wait out your 7 day suspension, stop selling whatever got you into trouble -and go on? Most of the people here are trying to get back on eBay/PP because they have been suspended indefinitely. If you try to sell the same item's that got you suspended - you will be suspended again, maybe forever. If you open a new account to sell the items that got you suspended - you will be suspended again, and they might even be able to link your new account to your suspended account through your listings. Also, 3 day listings are a bad idea for a new account anyway. I know that it is a tough pill to take, but if you are buying trademark infringing items to sell you are taking a risk of not being able to sell them. Write them off on your taxes and just follow the rules.
Old 10-22-2008

Longevity: 91%

Use gmail/hotmail/yahoo.

Use registered PP name for PP bank account verification, only BSB and AC# needs to be correct, name doesnt matter.

Start slow, only list items that arent going to raise flags.

Buy eBay Stealth.

Ask Modee for help.
Old 10-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausebayer View Post

I'm stumped on what to do & need a quick fix if there's any?
Mate, there is no such thing as a quick fix. ebay/payapl and quick fix do not
match. Recommend you read the forum more. You are not even in touch with
what to do to get back on ebay. It takes careful planning to get back, not, I repeat,not a quick fix.
Old 10-25-2008

Send a message via MSN to delsdisaster

I think it would be great to creat a new post titled something like "acquiring a virtual number for Australia ebay verification".......as this is only a recent Australian requirement. I think it would be great to have more info available on this for Aussies, a post that can be updated as ebay bans certains virtual number sites, as I see is happening in the USA. I am finally, after 3 weeks, ready to list, just requiring that very last requirement of obtaining a valid landline number to become verified. I have looked at many sites that give numbers for the USA, or USA sites offering Aussie numbers - but they are not linked to specific area codes from what I can see. So any body (Greenbean?) that can offer more information on this would be appreciated. If I find the right site first, I will be sure to share!!

Also, I think they say its a 7 day minimum suspension but with no intent to reinstate. I applied for the reinstatement at the end of 7 days, its been a month and I am still waiting. Now I am not going to pay my fees because I am not confident they will reinstate anyway, so its a catch 22.

Last edited by delsdisaster; 10-25-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2008

Send a message via MSN to delsdisaster
Default verification of phone number for Australian ebay accounts

I found two ways to create a number with YOUR DESIRED AREA CODE for verification on ebay in Australia. Each phone line can actually take two numbers with different ring tones, so you realise which one is which. So I have just requested my new number on the same line as my home, this costs $6.00 a month or $9.00 if you want it private (incase ebay want to do a reverse look up) Engin can also give you a phone number in your desired area code for around $20 a month (and as a side benefit you get all your monthly local/national calls/USA calls capped at $20 also) I am doing this too- now I have two additional phone lines which can be changed at any time, by the way. For the third, I found a friend that was moving home and so I took that number too before it was disconnected. I fear asking people you know for their phone numbers for ebay verification might hurt them one day if they need to use the number themselves. I wonder how much emphasis is put on this phone number, by ebay?
Old 02-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

Dear,
Delsdisaster

Where did you get the phone service for $6 per month?

Mind to share??

Thanks
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^ Do you do any of your own research? Check with your own ISP provider & see what they can offer you with a phone.