L&G + separate bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default L&G + separate bank account

Hi all,

(first poster)

I have been reading everything I can get my hands on in my quest to say "screw you paypal". It seems the L&G cards are somewhat useless now? because in Australia you can open as many bank accounts as you want and get cards for them all quite easily + they don't limit you to "$999 maximum $5000 monthly" and "$250 weekly" withdrawals/deposits. I understand you can give PayPal any name as long as your BSB and account number are correct the funds will withdraw properly? So a prepaid L&G credit card seems useless except for the inability to reverse fund transfers, am I correct?

I run a legit business ( I sell currency in-game so I don't need to use E-bay) and both mine and my Girlfriends PayPal Accounts got perm locked with a total of $6,000 in them ( hence me doing the research and finding this website) I am currently lodging several complaints and am willing to take them to court to resolve this ( but that's another story)

For now I just need to get my Paypal(s) back up and running because every person I talk to is un-willing to use any alternative payment method.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: L&G + separate bank account

If you run a legit business with ABN registered etc than it's best to use your own bank accounts. ABN is run by the ATO anyway so Probably easier to keep a track of during tax time too.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 08-17-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Lightbulb The new guy with old problems

Hey guys,

So long story short... I don't use e-bay. I sell in-game currency for a mobile app.
Iv had my account for 2 years with little activity but when i started selling it really took off. They linked it to an old old old account i made when i was 16 and you guessed it.. limited $6,000 locked in paypal ( another story im fighting for it now)
temp i was using my GF's paypal and made the mistake of thinking it was ok to log on her account using the same laptop...(we live together) so that's another $1000 locked up and yet another battle i need to begin :(

***** I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA*******

I would like to continue my business but I'v found it near impossible to convince anyone to pay me with anything but paypal. Through an in-game friend i found this website and instantly signed up. (hello *waves*) Im worried the same thing will happen again. I dont use E-bay so i can only really take a half half approach with everything iv been reading here. I generally get payments of at least 150$ and an average of 300$ at a time so you can imagine this can add up quickly and BAM ill be limited again.

Iv looked into merchant accounts but for my profit margin they are just too expensive ( the bank fees look ok like 80$ set up and 7$ a month **NAB** but the 3ed party integration iv seen is 400$ setup!)

Iv looked into L&G cards ( but from what i gather we don't need them because we can open unlimited bank accounts and attach a bank(visa) card with that)
only positive I see about a L&G card is that its unable to be reversed ( I'v never been charged back **touch wood**)
+ They have many down sided (all the limits make it sort of useless imo )
Please please correct me if im wrong here.

So the point im at currently is im filing to change my name. ( iv been planning to do this for personal reasons anyway)

But in the mean time...what would your infinite experience and knowledge tell you to do in such a situation.

Make 5-10 stealth accounts with L&G cards? suicide them take the money fast and withdraw it fast and run? $250 and withdraw instantly? move on to next card? perhaps even $500? any better better method??

Use my bank accounts and build up slowly. Would 150-300$ per paypal/bank account per week ish be okay? ( from my understanding you do not need to give paypal the exact name on your bank account in order to withdraw as long as the account number and BSB are correct)

I understand all the steps from the book in not getting linked back. I just dont want to find my brand new identity being in the same boat as my last one

again in case it wasn't clear... I don't use e-bay I don't do anything illegal. I just sell pixels in a popular game

Thank you for your time i really appreciate it.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 08-17-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2014

Default Re: The new guy with old problems

Welcome and sorry to hear about your issue.

It might be worth looking at the accounts for sale section. Ready made to save you the bother, limits even lifted on some.
Old 08-17-2014

Longevity: 57%

Yep, L&G's are pretty much useless.
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
If you run a legit business with ABN registered etc than it's best to use your own bank accounts. ABN is run by the ATO anyway so Probably easier to keep a track of during tax time too.
I'm not a registered business iv only been doing this for about a month now and my last week of that month was mostly spent fighting paypal/looking for an alternative.

I currently wont hit the 18k Australian threshold with my numbers considering how long ill be doing it for ( I'm an Economics and Finance student)

But i still think the best way to go is via my real bank accounts. I just dont want to have to go threw this whole limitation crap any time i have a good sale day!

Iv done some harder looking and iv decided I can afford to pay the higher fees for ccnow to "resell" my goods for me *wink* and they will accept PayPal from my customers and pay me into my bank account. I'v sent them an e-mail explaining i plan to sell in-game currency and asking if they will support that so im now waiting for that reply. unless anyone already knows ???
Old 08-17-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I don't see the problem in creating a new stealth PayPal account..

Oh.. reading your thread again, you're wanting to legally change your name?

Why not just open a new bank account instead of load and gos? Use it for stealth, it's *not an issue.

Last edited by aspkin; 08-17-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yeah that's one if the remedies iv come up with. I can just use bank accounts in my real name and have stelth paypals. I'm also looking into cccnow. I'd much rather pay a little extra than have to deal with paypals random limitations again.

As for my name change... I was going to do that regardless of the limitation

With the pre made accounts... I'm willing to pay for them if it means I do t need to worry south about accounts getting limited.. My sales are staggered one week I'll make 1-2k the next week or even 2 weeks I'll make 0. I suppose this sort of activity would look suspicious :(

Last edited by Bigroons; 08-17-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Just a little.. generally Paypal likes nice predictable changes to an account.. sudden influxes of payments MAY trigger a limitation pending verification.
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigroons View Post
I'm not a registered business iv only been doing this for about a month now and my last week of that month was mostly spent fighting paypal/looking for an alternative.

I currently wont hit the 18k Australian threshold with my numbers considering how long ill be doing it for ( I'm an Economics and Finance student)

But i still think the best way to go is via my real bank accounts. I just dont want to have to go threw this whole limitation crap any time i have a good sale day!

Iv done some harder looking and iv decided I can afford to pay the higher fees for ccnow to "resell" my goods for me *wink* and they will accept PayPal from my customers and pay me into my bank account. I'v sent them an e-mail explaining i plan to sell in-game currency and asking if they will support that so im now waiting for that reply. unless anyone already knows ???
Selling digital goods through PayPal will lead to all sorts of problems - especially to the tech savvy customers you appeal too.

PayPal offer no protection for the direct selling of digital goods.

Sell cautiously.
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
paypal may look at you for the $1000 anti-money laundering regulations.

If you are earning money, you still need to pay taxes.

Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ah, that's unfortunate... I honestly cant predict my sales and it would be unproductive to limit them... though could be possible. Would you happen to know of any AU paypal account sellers and what sort of incomes they can handle? It really looks like CCnow is my best/only option
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

CCNow has 5% fees.

You may also need a website.

rsot might know more.

Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I know i need to pay taxes In my country we can earn up to $18,000 tax free

Are there ways to avoid the anti-money laundering regulations? like withdraw $490 at a time and don't go over $900 ( i seen this in another post)

I understand virtual goods can be a risky business but in my particular field i'm safe enough to take the risk.

IT looks like setting up CCnow or a third party payment gateway with a merchant account will be my best option.

Last edited by Bigroons; 08-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,941 Times in 8,232 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Bigroons - like GB stated, the fees are bit higher but ccnow is a good alternative...there are few caveats to explore though.

Example: CCNow does payouts every 2 weeks...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-payp...k-account.html - saw this too
Old 08-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Posted on the other thread.
We both are.
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yeah sorry about that i posted in the free one before i seen i could post in the sub forum
:*( (looks like they have been merged ) thanks

I think 5% is fair enough considering pp is 3% +55c If it means i don't need to care about all limitations blah blah blah + people cant still pay me using paypal ( this is a MUST)

Having a website is no problem it looks like CCnow offer a word press plugin which is ideal because word press is quite easy to use. Also payouts every 2 weeks is fine because of my erratic sales I honestly wont need to withdraw any sooner than that. I just need something that wont care how much/what amounts of money (under $5,000/mo) enter my account at what times and wont hold my finds for 180 days just because I have a good sale day.

Iv also been looking at 2checkout it seems to charge more than CCnow and not offer word press integration so i dont see the difference other than perhaps withdrawals?

"there are few caveats to explore though."

any others i should know about? I sent CCnow a e-mail via their contact page. Asking if its ok to sell virtual goods threw them. (I really really dont want any more drama)
I want to put in the effort now and not have to worry again... stupid paypal :S
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

this read is puzzling me - whats the original problem? do you have a restricted PayPal account?
Old 08-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post
this read is puzzling me - whats the original problem? do you have a restricted PayPal account?
sorry i re-read the merged thread, now i understand.

Open a handful of bank accounts.. grab a handful of new addresses..(preferably new built lots) Think up a handful of alias's.. Follow the guide on computer accounts per account.... Organise a Static IP of some sort (usb, or lan)

Open the new PayPal accounts over a weeks period.. open eBay accounts to match and link once verified via bank deposits..

In my experiences my new PayPals have had their limits lifted after linked eBay accounts have been worked in over a few weeks (1 in 4)

Bite the bullet and collect your 6k in 6 months time.

In a few months time you should have a few PayPal's raring to go.

Think about Tax after 7-8 months into your selling though keep a record of all your incomings from day 1.

In meantime you could use Stripe or eWay to process VISA payments.

I'd still be very careful with selling your digital goods via PayPal as you WON"T win any disputes filed.
Old 08-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

any others i should know about? I sent CCnow a e-mail via their contact page. Asking if its ok to sell virtual goods threw them. (I really really dont want any more drama)
I want to put in the effort now and not have to worry again... stupid paypal :S
Have you read all the FAQs? Virtual goods can be sold
Old 08-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I didn't happen to come across any but after everything iv decided to go with CCnow.
Working on my website now. Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I didn't happen to come across any but after everything iv decided to go with CCnow.
Working on my website now. Thanks for all the help.
Nice - share your experience as time goes on.