Anti Money Laundering More ID Requirements For Paypal Australia - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 10-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

will it get limited if its bank verifed already?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

A Paypal account with a verified bank account can be limited, if you add bank account details BSB Acc# that you have used before to a Paypal account that is still current or 'restricted'Paypal will say its already linked ..if you close or remove the bank account from the earlier account I am not sure of the response you would get if you tried to add it to a new Paypal account. But its very easy to open a new bank account in Australia so opening new Paypal accounts is really dead easy
Old 04-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

i have a verified paypal account, never used this account number before, i got $900.00 in this account and became limited, not only did i become limited but paypal also decided to put in 4 disputes on my payment they cleared three of them and reversed 1 so not only do i not have the product ( i sent it registered post and put the number in paypal) i dont have the payment. Im sure they did that to rub salt into my wounds.

I have sent in all required documents 1 week ago and im still limited and no reponse from ebay.

Now that I only have $700.00 left in the account what i would like to know is "what happens to the money"

I cannot access any of it, all my items have been sent out and paypal know this as they have all tracking information.

will the account be reopened or do paypal just keep my money forever as due to the limitation is have a section 9 cit notice from ebay.

any thoughts or help appreciated
Old 04-11-2010

my friend opended up a new paypal account and ebay account and immediatly put in his drivers license and withing 30 min gets a letter from paypal saying his account has had the limitation removed so now its unlimited and he hasnt even used it yet

how does that work
Old 04-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspend in space View Post
i have a verified paypal account, n....
....will the account be reopened or do paypal just keep my money forever as due to the limitation is have a section 9 cit notice from ebay.
any thoughts or help appreciated
I'd be lodging a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, assuming this is a fair dinkum account of course and not a stealth or similar account. Rumour is that once the Ombudsman gets onto Paypal they become a lot more helpful..
Old 04-12-2010

its not a stealth account as such

its an account in my sons name and his paypal account
Old 04-12-2010
Threadstarter  

In that case I'd lodge a complaint so you can at least get your money back etc. As for getting your account back up and running I cannot help you, when this has happened to me I have just moved onto new account(s). If you need a hand opening new ones let me know I'll be more than happy to help if I can.
Old 04-13-2010

it would appear that paypal are going to do things my way

not only have I proven them to be incorrect with their information as they have accused me 4 times for not posting items when i used online tracking. on three accounts I sent them through cut and paste the australia post information stating that the buyer recieved the items several days ago. I have done this for them three times and got all my payment reversed back to me after they sent the payment back to the buyer.

because I had these disputes (which paypal put on not my customers) will this be enough to have my account limits lifted as I have also provided them with bank statement and DL.
Old 04-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Thats really good to read, nice to know Paypal does do the right thing. Mind you legally they most likely do not have much of a leg to stand on.
Old 04-15-2010

i got the same email today i want to know that if i enter bank account information only did paypal removed this limit from my account ?
Old 04-15-2010
Threadstarter  

I think it would depend if they asked for any more information, I have used unverified Paypal accounts linked to Ebay accounts (all Aus based) and after I received a certain amount of money or listed a 'high risk item' I have been asked to verify the Paypal account before listing. Once bank account added and Paypal deposits received I was right to go.
Old 09-24-2010

hey im having the same problem but can paypal hold ur funds forever because of the anti money laundering laws or just 180 days? coz i had a mate transfer me 3.5k in one go which wasnt a smart idea. also can paypal check the passport numbers with the australia government to see if they match?
Old 09-24-2010
Threadstarter  

I'd not be surprised if they could use your passport number after all they go out of their way to ask for it. I have found that when they ask for more ID they give you plenty of time to withdraw any money. If your account is all above board get onto the Ombudsman
Old 11-22-2010

Longevity: 77%
Default ABN no. and trading name: a legitimate way to reclaim your money

My first Paypal account was hacked by scammers, got a refund from Paypal but resolved to open a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Paypal account for any non-Ebay transactions where I was a bit doubtful of the buyer/seller. I hit $1000 quickly and the account was restricted.

This worked for me, so just suggesting it's worth a try. If you don't already have an ABN (Australian Business Number) then apply for one as a "sole trader" -it's free. Under the "trading name" section, put your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name plus whatever you e.g. if your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name was "John Smith" then your trading name will be "John Smith Electricals" or whatever you buy and sell the most. Enter all the other details correctly and honestly.

Go back to your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Paypal account. Change the date of birth, address, email address etc to your actual details. In the address section, do something like this:
ADDRESS LINE 1: (your real name) trading as John Smith Electricals
ADDRESS LINE 2: your actual address.

You see, when you have a basic Paypal account you can't enter two words in the Surname field, so it's easy to claim you had to leave the word "electricals" out to make the new Paypal account.

Once you've done all this, you can just go ahead and give Paypal your passport number, a digital copy of your ABN status and trading name, faxes of drivers licence, rates notices etc until all their identity checks are okay. And of course it's all legitimate.

If Paypal wasn't satisfied with all of this, at least you have a pile of evidence to present to present to the Ombudsman and I think they would have to give in quickly.

Hope this helps. I don't want anyone using this info to do anything illegal, and hopefully you can't! But it does annoy me that Paypal has probably claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars through ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts worldwide.
Old 01-03-2011

Longevity: 77%
Default was anyone asked this question....

this was on my original account in my real name.... My Ebay & PP accounts have been active for 4-5yrs as a buyer and bits'n'pieces and house hold stuff seller, some major life events happened to me last year and needed to make a 2nd income that fitted in with my current 1st income, decided on ebay selling..
Anyways listed 10 I guess less then reputable products as Buy it now about a month and a half before xmas, then *BAM* 2nd day of selling I was hit with the anti-laundering limit with around $1800 going thru my account. Paypal asked me for 2 things.
The first thing was like everyone else verify the account so faxed scans of Passport, utility for address, and licence. The second thing was a bit weird, Paypal asked me if I worked with, was connected to or collecting money for any public figures or Politicians. To answer, I could click a yes or no button for the answer.. Has anyone been asked this question ???
It took 6 days for PP to un-limit my account and during this time I found this forum and not long after A student of the stealth guide
Old 01-03-2011
Threadstarter  

I've been asked the politician question every time I've had to go through the anti-laundry process. My accounts though are not limited until a long time after they ask these questions and in that time I have been able to operate as normal
Old 08-04-2012

Longevity: 74%

Whats the latest on this?

Do you have to provide a ID or Passport Number to them. Then a previously used address?

Or

Do you just fax them a ID and Utility Bill?
Old 08-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Never the passport.

Driving licence &utility bill usually works.

Dot forget the $1000 anti-money laundering requirements to overcome
Old 08-09-2012

Longevity: 69%

Today, my 2 and half month old PP acc, got limited after my balance existed $1000 dollars. It seems like the limit was implemented instantly after the last payment received to excess $1000. Now needs to provide Photo ID & Utility Bill.
Old 08-09-2012
Threadstarter  

I have had some accounts that have gone on and on the $1000 limit has never come into play. On others I have received the initial warning when a bit over $700 has come in to the account.

I have no idea why things work out like this and do not really care as what I am doing now is working quite well (touch wood). What i assume is that some account pass the electronic/digital check that PayPal tell us they do and there for the anti money laundry requirements are satisfied.
Old 11-10-2012

Longevity: 69%

Any new updates to overcome this barrier?
Old 11-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

As discussed, usual methods