eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   OK buying 1 cent auctions is bad, but what about selling them? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/13243-ok-buying-1-cent-auctions-bad-but-what-about-selling-them.html)

IDK 09-06-2009 04:05 PM

OK buying 1 cent auctions is bad, but what about selling them?

I did this on my last account and gained substantial feedback in days selling information. I noticed a few people who paid for my auctions got canned, so I got scared and switched to 99 cent BIN. Is it still OK to do 1 cent auctions and would 10 a day be too much?

Secondly, I understand that I should start out slowly, but I got bills to pay. My new account is about 3 days old. I've did everything I needed to do get my account up, but I need to get feedback going and start selling. What's the chance of me being suspended if I choose to do this? What I'm selling is hot, but not exactly high risk. I'm willing to sell my main stock slowly, but will 1 - 99 cent auctions really raise flags?

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 04:13 PM

Your question isn't clearly worded. What do you mean by 1cent auction? You mean start the bids at 1cent and let bidders fight? Or are you misusing the term?

If your plan is related to feedback, it will probably fail. They ain't liking FB manipulation and are pretty heavy on it.

Why not just act like a human and just start selling whatever it is you plan on selling normally? FB doesn't count for much anyhow. 15 is the magic number. 20 is magic+.

Doesn't take long to get those numbers without cheating.

IDK 09-06-2009 04:33 PM

^Sorry if I wasn't clear, but from my understanding people tend to speak in code around here to avoid putting out too much info, but I digress.

By 1 cent auctions, I mean 1 day listings that start at 1 cent. If I started out selling what I usually sell, I would be making hundreds, maybe even thousands right away. THAT would no doubt raise flags. I want to start out with information auctions for about a week, then slowly work in my normal listings. I agree that 20 FB is a magic number for buyers, however 100 FB is the magic number for Paypal if I don't want them holding every single payment I receive. So when it comes to "selling slow" is it about the number of auctions I make no matter what I sell, or is it about the type of auctions I'm making? 10 auctions that sell at $100 each is a lot more suspicious than 10 auctions that sell at 1-99 cent, no?

Vicvelcro 09-06-2009 04:44 PM

20 is the magic number. 15 allows buy it now and best offer. 20 DSR will stop the automatic 21 day hold. You might still get a hold for risky sales, but 20 DSR reduces that quite a bit.

All other points you are trying to cover - have been mentioned elsewhere in the forum.

In short: Don't start by listing 50 items on the first day, regardless of price. Better to have 20 items priced under 20bucks than to have 5 items at 2000bucks when your account is new. Chronologically and historically new. So you've got some work ahead of you.

Trying to start a potentially high-volume-high-price seller account now - by listing penny crap (which looks like FB manipulation to ebay) is not a good plan.

Look at yourself objectively. Play what-if based on progression. If you were ebay - based on THEIR RULES - what would you think of your plan?

Just start listing some moderate priced stuff. Increase your volume gradually and also add higher and higher priced goods in a linear progression.

Trying to MAKE a fast track directly to the expensive goods is not likely to work well with a new account.

Advice: Make several stealths during the next few weeks. Don't do anything hasty with those. Just list average goods sporadically and hold them in reserve. 6 months from now, you can drag them out for some real fun. While those are NOT being abused, prepare to throw away several accounts while you discover that fast-tracking doesn't work well.

GreenBean 09-06-2009 06:02 PM

Do you want the thread title changed?

Ebayorbust 09-07-2009 02:10 AM

What are you selling?

On one of my accounts, I sell DVDs. I have a feedback of only 4 (all seller) and I can already list multiple item BINs and also use Best Offer. Okay, I still get the PP holds but this was news to me. As above, I thought my rating had to be at 15 to do this. I think Ebay UK may have changed their listing rules (or has this always been the case??)

IDK 09-07-2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 102623)
20 is the magic number. 15 allows buy it now and best offer. 20 DSR will stop the automatic 21 day hold. You might still get a hold for risky sales, but 20 DSR reduces that quite a bit.

Never heard this before. I know it is a factor, but that alone will stop holds? :suspicious:

Vicvelcro 09-07-2009 08:29 AM

According to PP 21 day hold policy, when you have achieved 20 DSR, you should be good to go.

Think is, PP lies. So if you have a high risk buyer or a high risk sale, you can still expect a hold on an individual basis. (misspelled thing as think - on purpose)

The best way around the 21 day hold is to ship fast with tracking and confirmation. Signature confirmation if your profit margin allow the extra expense.

I rely on the tracking and delivery conf, and so far, I've done just peachy with funds being released just a few days after the sale. (this does not factor in my accounts that are no longer subject to the hold).

I'm assuming you have a legitimate reason to worry about the 21 day hold, but I can't imagine what it could possibly be. The hold doesn't last the full 21 days unless you miss something that releases the funds in a shorter time span.