Brand spanking new at this - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 10-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Brand spanking new at this

So I am in process of creating several new accounts using the Ebay Stealth Book that I bought recently. I have been reading and re reading and studying it, taking note and so on because I want to do this the right/smart way. With this said I am at a bit of a loss for what items to sell, I know that everything says stay away from VERO items and I also know they tend to bring in the most money per item so instead of making the mistake and selling those types of items what kind of stuff should be sold and will still make money worth my time?

I appreciate any help that anyone could give me! Like I said im BRAND NEW at this and just looking for a way to make a buck during these hard times. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Isn't this an age old business question? What items can be sold that you will make money on?

Profit comes from income minus expenses being positive in a deal.... so..... the possibilities are numerous. Check out some of the wholesale sites mentioned in the Stealth Book.
Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Sorry, maybe what I typed was not quite right to what I am really asking. Being that I am really new to this I am not a 100% clear on what items I should sell and what I shouldnt sell. Thats why I was asking of a few examples of items that would be good to go. Not really trying to find out sellers secrets or anything and do apologize if it came off as that. Just wanna do this right
Old 10-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatscrazy00 View Post
Sorry, maybe what I typed was not quite right to what I am really asking. Being that I am really new to this I am not a 100% clear on what items I should sell and what I shouldnt sell. Thats why I was asking of a few examples of items that would be good to go. Not really trying to find out sellers secrets or anything and do apologize if it came off as that. Just wanna do this right
Try to find a niche. Or a great deal.

However, stay away from any brand name items or copyrighted material that is sold from overseas. Most of this stuff is counterfiet, and even if it was legitimate, it is not legal to import copyrighted or trademarked merchandise without a letter of authority from the copright/trademark owner.

eBay considers DVD's, software, designer goods, jewelry and most electronics to be "high risk". If you can stay away from that, it is preferable. Legitimate merchandise in those categories CAN be sold, but eBay/PayPal will ask for your supplier information, invoices, etc.
Old 10-27-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I've sold a lot of things on ebay... they consider socks high risk is some circumstances.

There isn't an easy answer for you
Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

lmao socks? Really? See that I would have NEVER guessed that. I will keep all of the info in mind and will continue to look into everything, I appreciate the responses!
Old 10-27-2010
MU

Yeah, I guess they didn't smell right.

IMO, nothing is "safe" to sell on ebay anymore.
Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

haha, man that is nuts. well hopefully I can find out some kind of item/items to sell that I can make some money from. Maybe selling VERO would be a must and just doing it limited on alot of different accounts.........I duno......
Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Do yall suggest signing up with TearaPeak to do research on best items to sell? Is it worth using? Is there something better out there?
Old 12-17-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Before you go to far into an INDUSTRY, find a NICHE. This process should be the longest part, LONGER THAN

making the accounts+reading ebay ebook+listing+buying products+etc

A NICHE product goes so far, that sometimes you don't even have to deal with the hassles MOST do w/ eBay!
Old 12-19-2010
MU

In regards to a niche product.... go with what you know. Salesmanship comes from product knowledge. You'd be surprised about what you can sell if you have a little more knowledge than your customers.