eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   3 account selling the same thing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/33257-3-account-selling-same-thing.html)

LoopHole 06-27-2011 05:34 PM

3 account selling the same thing

I have a huge stock of items i need to sell fast. I have 3 accounts currently selling the same thing right now. What i was going to do was have it bids only on 1 account, buy it now on the second account, and bids only on the 3rd account but ending at a different time than account 1. Best strategy i can think of so far. I know someone out here has to have the same problem. Not sure how well my strategy will work, any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Imakemoney 06-27-2011 05:47 PM

Make sure your listings and pictures are different so you dont link your accounts.

KingRay 06-28-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 244078)
I have a huge stock of items i need to sell fast. I have 3 accounts currently selling the same thing right now. What i was going to do was have it bids only on 1 account, buy it now on the second account, and bids only on the 3rd account but ending at a different time than account 1. Best strategy i can think of so far. I know someone out here has to have the same problem. Not sure how well my strategy will work, any help or advice would be really appreciated.

You will be fine.

There is no reason to worry if you dont have anything under scrutiny from ebay. Once you do then that would be a problem. IF there is no bad dsrs, or anthing like that then you would be fine.

BUT if you feel you need to be stealthy then there is no harm.

As long as you realize one goes they all do.

bballaw1 06-28-2011 05:34 AM

Agreed. I have 8 accounts going that all sell the same item. Just make sure u change up your listings, times, etc.

jjjia 06-30-2011 02:39 AM

i have 4 accounts selling similar items, as long as you dont link them, they are just a few of the thousands of sellers on ebay, so dont worry

Shikimaru17 07-02-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 244215)
You will be fine.

There is no reason to worry if you dont have anything under scrutiny from ebay. Once you do then that would be a problem. IF there is no bad dsrs, or anthing like that then you would be fine.

BUT if you feel you need to be stealthy then there is no harm.

As long as you realize one goes they all do.

How would they all go if they are not linked?

KingRay 07-09-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikimaru17 (Post 245814)
How would they all go if they are not linked?

IF they are not linked you are fine. But If you do not have the stealth book and havent researched the stealth ways enough you will be linked for sure.

Dont assume they are not linked until you understand this completely. It takes more than a couple posts to figure this all out. Many on here have run stealth accounts for years and still get caught up with mistakes that were missed.

Axcend 07-10-2011 05:31 PM

All depends on what you are selling. If its an extremely popular item, then you should be fine. I would start listing other items just to mix it up. Buy some cheap stuff off of ebay wholesale (10-20 books or something, cds, dvds) and list each different type on a different account. If all you have are multiple accounts selling 1 single item it might look suspicious to inquisitive eyes. Also if they are in the same general area. Just write off the filler items as the cost of doing business.

jbluntz 07-10-2011 05:51 PM

Only thing I hate about selling same items on different accounts is when the same buyer buys from 2 or more of your accounts,

when that happens I usually use different packaging and ship it on a different days.

I shipped 2 items once at the same time with same packaging and buyer asked me if I was the same person

since tracking and packaging were the same, those accounts are down now, who knows she could have been the reason.

rsot 07-11-2011 09:19 AM

Decent stories to make note of.

nak 07-11-2011 06:52 PM

Yes when i get the same buyer buy from two of my accounts i use diffrent evrything u cant be to safe.

rambling 07-18-2011 07:16 AM

listing same items diff a/c"s

That's perfect. List carefully and use different wording, different opening bids and diff. buy it now prices, different ship amounts. The amounts can be in same ballpark, just different.
DO NOT use same pictures. When taking pictures switch your backgrounds and arrangement of photo. (be sure your photos look different)
ie; use different color backdrops, keep same color for each ebay account and don't mix them up accidently.
Goodluck, Great Plan - I do it all the time.

rsot 07-18-2011 11:47 AM

Solid advice rambling.

rambling 07-19-2011 09:29 AM

selling similiar items, diff. accts

Also.. change the look of your shipping package.
If your type labels yourself, change font and size or
hand write other label. If you use store bought envelopes/box,
then use different for next package. If you include a note in
package thanking for their purchase, use different format/look
for next.
etc.

rayraymond1218 10-10-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambling (Post 250167)
That's perfect. List carefully and use different wording, different opening bids and diff. buy it now prices, different ship amounts. The amounts can be in same ballpark, just different.
DO NOT use same pictures. When taking pictures switch your backgrounds and arrangement of photo. (be sure your photos look different)
ie; use different color backdrops, keep same color for each ebay account and don't mix them up accidently.
Goodluck, Great Plan - I do it all the time.

taking pictures with different background but with same camera, is that ok?

durdajan 10-10-2011 04:32 PM

it's okay, but delete the EXIF info. this is the info that says what camera you used, what was the adjustments of the camera etc, you can see this inside the picture file properties.
I would also change the size of the pictures. ex 1200x1000 and 1500x 950 and not the same size.

techbayelectronics 10-11-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbluntz (Post 248118)
Only thing I hate about selling same items on different accounts is when the same buyer buys from 2 or more of your accounts,

when that happens I usually use different packaging and ship it on a different days.

I shipped 2 items once at the same time with same packaging and buyer asked me if I was the same person

since tracking and packaging were the same, those accounts are down now, who knows she could have been the reason.

u should have said it was the drop shipper who sent the items.

RedShootingStar 10-11-2011 01:38 AM

I have over 4 accounts selling the same thing, but I dont sell vero. When I originally called ebay to raise my limit from 2,000 items to 10,000 items, they brought up the issue, and I explained to them that I have an unlimited supply and they understood and raised my limits. I also use same pics and listing description, with zero issues for over 6+ years.

Sandy D 10-24-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayraymond1218 (Post 276731)
taking pictures with different background but with same camera, is that ok?

Read my post here. This is how I do it.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction...mage-have.html

MakerViet 11-03-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballaw1 (Post 244265)
Agreed. I have 8 accounts going that all sell the same item. Just make sure u change up your listings, times, etc.

Nice answer. U should change your listing times, title...

begrie 12-09-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techbayelectronics (Post 276830)
u should have said it was the drop shipper who sent the items.

most seller use drop shipper tho :FF: