eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Low Risk Items To Sell?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/86783-low-risk-items-sell.html)

mtproducts 03-16-2016 05:29 AM

Re: Low Risk Items To Sell??

I've been thinking of selling my used underwear since watching Orange is the new Black? Would Ebay class these as high risk.. I hope not :nono:

realdeals 03-16-2016 06:19 AM

It is an absolute MYTH that used DVD's are high risk on new accounts, certainly from a UK point of view.

They are great to use to build up accounts.

Easy to get hold of, just make sure they look clean. Always take your own pictures. Always under estimate condition. So even if you think it looks 'very good' do not mark it that high.

There are millions for sale at any one time on ebay uk, I have personally sold thousands over the years to build many, many accounts and have only ever had 1 case open as not received, which was dealt with easily and with no after effects.

rsot 03-16-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtproducts (Post 754991)
I've been thinking of selling my used underwear since watching Orange is the new Black? Would Ebay class these as high risk.. I hope not :nono:

Make sure your buyers are happy

ilcarletto 03-16-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtproducts (Post 754991)

...make sure your used underwear have been washed... otherwise they fall in the "fetish" category which I assume is higher risk ;)

lv91 03-16-2016 04:09 PM

Every item may be problem if some seller use wrong technique for listing his items. For me DVD selling also goes well.
It's not worth in long term but for start it's great ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 754995)
It is an absolute MYTH that used DVD's are high risk on new accounts, certainly from a UK point of view.

They are great to use to build up accounts.

Easy to get hold of, just make sure they look clean. Always take your own pictures. Always under estimate condition. So even if you think it looks 'very good' do not mark it that high.

There are millions for sale at any one time on ebay uk, I have personally sold thousands over the years to build many, many accounts and have only ever had 1 case open as not received, which was dealt with easily and with no after effects.

slokor 03-16-2016 06:43 PM

I find the local dollar store to be a fantastic place to get cheap low risk items to get started selling on ebay. It wont make you rich but it sure will establish you as a seller in a hurry. Of course providing superb service is always a part of it as well.

celebrityphotos4you 03-17-2016 12:37 AM

Add me to the group that says for USA buyers, items from DollarTree or 99 Cent store are pretty low risk, just don't expect too much profit or even a small loss, but it's good for eBay to see that you are "checking" out how sales work and it seems reasonable to them that a "new" seller would be selling cheap household items

Cosmopull 04-06-2016 06:38 PM

One time i tried to sell cell phone on just created ebay account and got limit almost instantly. Then they asked me to proof my identity. So underwear a good point to start getting feedbacks seriously(!). At least you don't need to be afraid to be locked for unwashed dress.

rsot 04-06-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmopull (Post 760833)
One time i tried to sell cell phone on just created ebay account and got limit almost instantly. Then they asked me to proof my identity. So underwear a good point to start getting feedbacks seriously(!). At least you don't need to be afraid to be locked for unwashed dress.

Cellphone...hope you have not repeated this

newjerseymax 04-06-2016 09:32 PM

Sharpened pencils... Oh yea my niche.... Nobody steam my idea!!!

newjerseymax 04-06-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 755197)
I find the local dollar store to be a fantastic place to get cheap low risk items to get started selling on ebay. It wont make you rich but it sure will establish you as a seller in a hurry. Of course providing superb service is always a part of it as well.

There is always those few that complain "it is from dollar store".... duh!

MM78 04-08-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 760861)
There is always those few that complain "it is from dollar store".... duh!

Hey, if they couldn't figure out the items were from the dollar store....their bad!

newjerseymax 04-08-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 761256)
Hey, if they couldn't figure out the items were from the dollar store....their bad!

Yae still could lead to negative feedback. I had to learn this hard way selling dollar store items for feedback....

W23rdst 04-08-2016 04:16 PM

First of all thanks to everyone who has provided the information on these forums for us new sellers to get started.

I recently opened a new stealth paypal and ebay account and have not been linked to any old paypal/ebay account or gotten any suspension notice as of now, which, to me, is a good sign but only time will tell.

I have about about 3 boxes full of old PS2 games that I can sell to make a little bit of cash and also to build a reputation on Ebay

Will it be a good idea to start listing these games 1 by 1 right off the bat on a fresh account?

ilcarletto 04-08-2016 04:27 PM

Generally all the electronics, computers and videogames are risky items..
i would not list any of those as first item and not even secon. Chose something more "generic".

A few days ago one of my brand new stealth accounts was closed down without any quesytions or any chance of appeal because I listed this one as my very first item, a 1€ auction in PC category.

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/li...B-PS2-unit.jpg

Lesson learned.

realdeals 04-08-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W23rdst (Post 761387)
I have about about 3 boxes full of old PS2 games that I can sell to make a little bit of cash and also to build a reputation on Ebay

Will it be a good idea to start listing these games 1 by 1 right off the bat on a fresh account?

See, I would love to know for a fact if US ebay/pp is anymore 'sensitive' than UK.:confused:

If it was hypothetically a question regarding a UK account I would say there would be no problem listing 3 or 4 each month for the first 3 months then gradually increasing until month 6. As long as you take your own pics and sell along with other items also, I can not see a problem.

josef19 05-25-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 761393)
Generally all the electronics, computers and videogames are risky items..
i would not list any of those as first item and not even secon. Chose something more "generic".

A few days ago one of my brand new stealth accounts was closed down without any quesytions or any chance of appeal because I listed this one as my very first item, a 1€ auction in PC category.

http://www.telecommander.com/pics/li...B-PS2-unit.jpg

Lesson learned.

Wow...Why? It makes sence somebody who just registered to eBay will sell an item like that. did you mention its used?

Gamer123 06-12-2016 06:44 PM

You can sell books and used clothes , these are low risk items ,

eavinu 09-15-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josef19 (Post 774606)
Wow...Why? It makes sence somebody who just registered to eBay will sell an item like that. did you mention its used?

Yeah, why???

rsot 09-15-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eavinu (Post 800136)
Yeah, why???

Electronic and PC item

chango 09-17-2016 09:57 AM

My biggest tip ..don't use off the shelf pictures, always shoot some pics on your phone or camera, I know its a pain in the arse but I have sold stuff as New but with home made pics and never had a problem. And don't list 5 of the same item lol ..so bad :)
Small Pound store toys are great imao.

ihimself 05-13-2017 04:18 PM

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, if this is the kind of forum that worries about that.

What about selling short handwritten notes of encouragement, or something like that? I've seen magic spells on eBay so those should probably work too.

Is it absolutely necessary to have some low risk sales under an account's belt before moving into high-risk items? If, for example, you're selling 10 high-risk items or less for a total of less than $500 a month on a FRESH account, would that account get zucced?