eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Do you offer returns? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/87331-do-you-offer-returns.html)

empire1969 07-09-2015 02:45 PM

Do you offer returns?

I think it adds credibility to your listing, and maybe reduces your risk potential. If you do allow for returns, where do you ask buyers to send it?

jakobrockz 07-09-2015 03:09 PM

Re: Do you offer returns?

If a buyer requests a return, they usually just refund the buyer without having the buyer return the item and cut their losses.

If you can't take that loss, your only option would be using an address thats accessible (like a friend's address or whatever) or a PO box.

My items that I sell don't cost very much, so I usually just cut my losses if they want to return it.

empirestate 07-09-2015 03:58 PM

I don't offer returns on my listing, but if a buyer requests for a return, I give him/her an address that I can access. Usually they don't have any complaints as long as they get their money back.

james13v 07-17-2015 08:38 PM

Even if you don't offer returns, ebay guarantees returns. So what's the point?

doL 07-17-2015 09:53 PM

I consider it a write off. I refund and don't ask for a return.

I get about less than 1% request for a return, and it's always the buyers fault for choosing the incorrect size/model or whatever.

NewYork 07-26-2015 06:00 AM

I don't know if it's in my head, but I am very sure I've noticed a quicker automatic increase of my limits on the accounts I select the "accept returns" option on. I have a few accounts that I sell items that are a pretty good deal, and no one ever wants to return anything, so for some reason I leave them "returns accepted" (as opposed to accounts I sell the types of things that would just invite those scammy, extreme bargain hunting dishonest system-abusing buyer types) and I'm sure I consistently see a quicker increase of my automatic limits. I KNOW that shipping the next business day (and having the PP shipping label tracking link to a moving package on USPS.com) makes a HUGE difference, but I'm quite sure that accepting returns has an effect as well. So figure that into the value of accepting returns.

yaBeh8ater 07-28-2015 03:28 PM

i always accept returns. no use fighting it unless you want neg fb, be out the item, and what you paid. if you get it all back then put the nightmare behind you and continue on.

doL 07-28-2015 03:38 PM

I offer returns but never request that they send the item back. I just automatically refund them and have never received negative feedback, ever.

vogeltron 08-04-2015 03:33 AM

Personally I don't on my listings. That doesn't mean that if a buyer tries to strong arm me I won't take it back. Since I sell mostly clothing last thing I want is someone buying my item then just sending it back and costing me.

Because I don't accept returns I include measurements of every item I sell and have lots of actual pictures not stock photos. I know it probably hurts overall sales volume but it is nice not having items sent back all the time.

However, like everyone else has mentioned it depends on the product, the price, your margins, and various other factors. For stealth accounts I have a PO Box with a Biz name I use as a return address.

flowclothingco 08-11-2015 07:41 PM

Add a return label to the inside of every package if the buyer wants a return they simply put the other label on, youre then charged for shipping and it comes back to your real address without getting in EB or PP's hands to link....ups offers return labels.....its an extra step but if you dont want to lose product its worth the time

123 08-11-2015 11:55 PM

i always include a note letting them know that if any problems can return it to this address etc etc, for more expensive items i include a return label, never had any probs and most customers like the convenience

Speeder33 08-12-2015 03:54 AM

I do the exact same things as 123. The note asks for positive feedback if they are happy and to return the item to the address included if they are not satisfied. 2 birds with 1 stone :)

elmo 08-12-2015 04:16 AM

I personally write it off as a loss if a buyer wants to do a return. I'm probably around a 1-2% defect/return. Depending on the value of the item though, I sometimes offer a 25-50% partial refund, before offering the full refund without a return.

muzzie 08-12-2015 04:36 AM

eBay would refund buyer in any case, so no point in refusing returns. Usually, a refund can be received by just calling EB, they won't bother analyzing anything, just give moneys back and deduct it from your account. So, it is recommended to accept returns.

nnah 09-16-2015 12:40 AM

Yes I do to make my account more credible

just_smile 09-16-2015 04:04 AM

Do you american business sellers not have to accept returns as part of the law?

james13v 09-16-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 705312)
Do you american business sellers not have to accept returns as part of the law?

While state laws primarily govern the issue of returned merchandise, there's no federal law that requires a merchant to refund money. Per most state laws, refunds are subject to the established store refund policy at the time of purchase, unless the product purchased is found to be unfit for the purpose of which it was intended. A customer changing his or her mind after making a purchase, such as deciding they want a bigger television screen, is not the fault of the merchant and the merchant cannot be held responsible.

Generally speaking, most stores do offer refunds. It is usually pursuant to a store policy which explicitly that returns are extended, in order to create and keep good will in the community; but again, this is a store policy and not a federal law.

epimetheus039 09-17-2015 05:06 PM

Include a note with their purchase to contact you directly and make sure you state that in your item description with preferably a link to "contact member" instead of opening a case

webcreator 10-05-2015 01:11 AM

You will write your return address on the envelop and also put a note inside, asking for Five star feedback and return address. Ebay will refund the money even if buyer's claim is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, so do not let your product go away for free and request buyer to return the item for refund and make a condition that the refund will be issued after receiving and confirming the product in the original condition which will give a thought to buyer for use of reliable and trackable service.

perfect30 02-03-2016 06:25 AM

It think it is pointless not to accept returns. If a buyer wants to return an item they will contact you anyway and ask for it. If you refuse you will be threatened with negative feedback or they will open a case, then you are already off on the wrong foot.

Besides that, 75% of the buyers that want to return an item open a case on eBay or Paypal anyway before even contacting me. I think that accepting or not accepting returns does not really make a difference since you always end up accepting it anyway if you do not want your seller account to be damaged.

vetus 02-03-2016 08:06 AM

Accepting returns in this day and age is really mandatory, you cannot really turn round and outright refuse to refund. You're segregating yourself from high street stores who will refund anyone as long as it's in their returns policy.

Online selling even more so everyone should take returns.

In the UK DSR regulations state if you purchase online you have up to 30 (might be 60 days now) to return an item and you don't even need to provide a reason to return the item!

Jennifer91 02-03-2016 02:21 PM

Returns is a most to be high ranking on the search no? And also to be top rated seller.