eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Canada eBay Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/)
-   -   Mismatch Bank Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/146285-mismatch-bank-account.html)

topadog 12-21-2021 02:06 AM

Mismatch Bank Account

Hi
This is to confirm now that you can not beat MP with stealth IDS, i just want to confirm can we receive funds under mismatch names, like ebay account and MP is on name ANDREW, and bank attached has the Name ROBERT? or some one has better solution to ebay MP Canada.Thanks in advance!

rsot 12-21-2021 04:21 AM

Re: Mismatch Bank Account

We can received funds under mismatch names thankfully from what I have seen

JamesNorth101 12-21-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topadog (Post 1179653)
Hi
This is to confirm now that you can not beat MP with stealth IDS, i just want to confirm can we receive funds under mismatch names, like ebay account and MP is on name ANDREW, and bank attached has the Name ROBERT? or some one has better solution to ebay MP Canada.Thanks in advance!

Mismatching name deposits into banks is still fine at the moment

topadog 12-22-2021 02:11 AM

Thanks so much! for the replies, just one question, can we pay ebay fees through Mismatch bank account? or any other solution to pay ebay fesses.

rsot 12-22-2021 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topadog (Post 1179785)
Thanks so much! for the replies, just one question, can we pay ebay fees through Mismatch bank account? or any other solution to pay ebay fesses.

Once the bank is verified on MP side, there is automatic withdrawal to pay fees - alternative you can use gift card or cc to pay fees beforehand

bclarr 12-25-2021 07:36 AM

i believe it is fine from ebay side - but I am yet to test this just yet - however your mileage may vary with the bank account itself - the bank may or may not cause problems coming from different names - there is one thread about this that the account got locked or something.

topadog 12-25-2021 08:14 AM

i have been using, BMO, HSBC and TD canada trust for almost 8 years without any problem, it was paypal before , Now Ebay MP

bclarr 12-26-2021 07:29 PM

thanks...if it works then great - however, there is someone in this forum who reported that their Scotiabank account was flagged. The question is if the bank calls me about these mismatched names - what kind of stories I am going to tell them? lol

rsot 12-27-2021 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclarr (Post 1180188)
thanks...if it works then great - however, there is someone in this forum who reported that their Scotiabank account was flagged. The question is if the bank calls me about these mismatched names - what kind of stories I am going to tell them? lol

What volume of deposits are you working with?

topadog 12-27-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclarr (Post 1180188)

Never Received any call

SaiJin 12-27-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topadog (Post 1179785)

So eBay actually deducts their fees from the total amount before they disburse the $ to your bank.

bclarr 12-28-2021 04:33 PM

somewhat true - my experience was if I buy label for example from them they tend to charge me after they send the money to my bank account...it all depends on timing...if u have a credit card attached you can make it primary to charge for negative balances.......it happened to me last week. Also if there is any return they will pull the money from bank unless there is valid card with enough funds to cover that. thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1180260)
So eBay actually deducts their fees from the total amount before they disburse the $ to your bank.

topadog 01-03-2022 05:00 AM

so if they are pullig the balance from bank then they might notice Mismatch Names,? Right:canada:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bclarr (Post 1180326)
somewhat true - my experience was if I buy label for example from them they tend to charge me after they send the money to my bank account...it all depends on timing...if u have a credit card attached you can make it primary to charge for negative balances.......it happened to me last week. Also if there is any return they will pull the money from bank unless there is valid card with enough funds to cover that. thanks.

rsot 01-03-2022 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topadog (Post 1180725)
so if they are pullig the balance from bank then they might notice Mismatch Names,? Right:canada:

They would see the name on the bank sending receipt - would they notice and cause issues for the account? Depends on review

bclarr 01-07-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topadog (Post 1180725)
so if they are pulling the balance from bank then they might notice Mismatch Names,? Right:canada:

I only pay via prepaid credit card....so not sure what happens when they pull money from mismatch name bank account.

rsot 01-08-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclarr (Post 1181324)
I only pay via prepaid credit card....so not sure what happens when they pull money from mismatch name bank account.

Smart proactive move

dune 01-28-2022 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclarr (Post 1181324)

But eBay will see that the address in the card missmatches the one registered on eBay. (I guess they can't see the name of the cardholder). Does it work for you and they deduct negative balances or refunds/ returns from the debit (prepaid) card?, really?

rsot 01-28-2022 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dune (Post 1183316)
But eBay will see that the address in the card missmatches the one registered on eBay. (I guess they can't see the name of the cardholder). Does it work for you and they deduct negative balances or refunds/ returns from the debit (prepaid) card?, really?

They won't see the address by default - they will see whatever address you provide them

dune 01-28-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1183330)
They won't see the address by default - they will see whatever address you provide them

---
So eBay can not see the real name or address of the owner of the card. Is it correct?

SaiJin 01-28-2022 07:58 PM

Correct. This is covered in the stealth guide too.

You don't have anything to worry about

dune 01-29-2022 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1183370)
Correct. This is covered in the stealth guide too.

You don't have anything to worry about

---
I thought they could see at least the zip code and street numbers ...

Anyway the card issuer won't reject the charge?

In any case opening a bank account (or getting a virtual card) with the same adress that's on eBay could work ...
--

rsot 01-29-2022 07:03 AM

Card issuer could reject a charge if address for card provided by eb doesnt match up - some issuers do this but some don't