Simon still good for EBAY PayPal? Using Simon - General problems / issues with Simon - Page 15 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 09-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Thanks Zyno,
Theres been some speculation recently from folks.
I, too have still benn successful,
BTW--this was Aspkins ORIGINAL card he shared with us to use..

Old 09-18-2008

Longevity: 90%

hi, are there any rechargeable gift cards where i can recharge it up to $1000? or are there any gift cards i can buy that has $1000 or over without having to give my real info?
thanks
Old 09-24-2008

Default Simon gift cards Error message

I have tried for two days to get a Simon Gift Card with both my Mastercard Debit cards and I keep getting the same message that there is an error in the processing and to try again. I even called the bank where these cards are from and they say that the Simon requests never even came through and these cards do work. Is anyone able to buy a Simon Gift Account with a Mastercard Debit card. That is all I carry. I will apply for a debit card with my Business bank account but this takes time. I was hoping to get this done right away. I don't understand this because in the application for a Simon Gift Account you have the option of paying with Mastercard on the form - but it just never goes through. I have tried this with Safari and Firefox - same result. What could I be doing wrong?
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 91%

Brendaleigh, Are you trying to purchase the Simon Giftcard or the Simon Giftaccount?
If it's just the card, you can purchase one in Topeka (if it's not too far to drive)
I'm sure there are other gift credit cards available in your area, though.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-25-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2008

Default Simon Gift Accounts & Mastercard

I have finally determined that Simon.com will not work if you pay with Mastercard. They have Mastercard as an option but I tried several Mastercards and none of them went through. I found out that Simon.com had never even notified the bank of this transactions I was attempting and all the cards were well within their limits -so, at least for now -Mastercard will not work. Bummer.
As far as I can see, Simon is the only CC you can get immediately (2-4 hours) online. I went ahead and used Gift2Go and it is being mailed to me -not as convenient but what are you going to do?
Old 09-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

BRENDALEIGH, have you tried contacting simon at all and ask them what you can do? I suggest giving them a call and figuring it out.
Old 10-17-2008

does the simon card still allow you to become ebay seller approved, now that ebay has its "verify your identity" requirement for new sellers? I am a bit confused about how to use the simon card within that requirement (or to circumvent it). Thanks for any assistance.
Old 11-03-2008

Longevity: 97%
Default Unable to create Simon Giftaccount?

It seems like people have had this problem in the past and it has nothing to do with the credit/debit card I am using. Anyone else like to chime in?

This is the error message I received, "The Simon Giftcard site is currently unavailable. We're sorry. An error occurred while processing that request. Please
select the return button below and try again."
Old 12-21-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Simon Giftcards NOT working with Paypal Anymore!

I just wanted to warn/caution/let everyone know that Simon giftcards may no longer be a viable option with Paypal, as a credit card for verification.

I sold some items on one of my Stealth accounts, and like I'd read on one of the threads on this forum, I did NOT set up the Paypal account until AFTER payment was sent. But after I set up the PP account, I added the Simon giftcard so that I could transfer the funds to my legitimate PP account which I have a MC debit card for, that I could use to get cash, etc.

But after I added the Simon giftcard, and tried to transfer the funds, I got an error message saying that I could not send, transfer or withdraw funds using that card as verification.

I don't know if there is just something suspected of my account, or whether heaven forbid this is foreshadowing of future events to come when gift cards and pre-paid cards and pre-paid cell phones are eliminated as a means for verification on eBay and Paypal.

Interestingly, my PP account does NOT say that it has been limited. Just that I need to add a verified bank account to access the funds.
Old 12-25-2008

Longevity: 88%
Default A Quick Easy Question for Simon GC

Hi guys,

I just went ahead and purchase a simon GC. I know in order to verify with ebay and paypal with this gift card the information must match the one we enter at simon website (address, name, etc). But I was wondering does the phone number have to match as well? And is it mandatory to enter a phone number on simon website when activating this card so I can use online? Thank you guys. And merry christmas!
Old 12-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

The phone number does not matter for ebay/pp. It is just to verify your card with simon.
Old 12-25-2008

Oh I see. So, it is mandatory to enter a number when your verify your card with simon? And it does not have to match the number I enter for my ebay/pp account? Thanks for the quick response!
Old 12-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Not a problem, good luck Get back on ebay!
Old 12-25-2008

thanks again! If someone could kindly answer my question, I would greatly appreciate it. Merry X-mas everyone!
Old 12-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoboy View Post
Oh I see. So, it is mandatory to enter a number when your verify your card with simon? And it does not have to match the number I enter for my ebay/pp account? Thanks for the quick response!
Simon does not call you or anything. They just want your phone number. Has nothing to do with ebay or paypal. Does not have to match.
Old 12-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
YEAH MODEE I put in some new bank account number, but the routing number works perfectly so far so good I put some items up for sale I put 3 items up in fact well see if it goes through or not if not well im done for on ebay no more buying crap in all honesty or selling crap im done if I get banned this time around.
Did you put your real name when you entered the new bank account number, but same routing number? Because I'm not sure what to do there.