Warning about green dot if you live in USA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 07-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Warning about green dot if you live in USA

I want to warn everyone about a problem I experienced in July of 11.If you have multiple Green Dot accounts which is an easy way of useing a #$## name on an account you may get all of your accounts closed.

I had about 6 or 7 accounts going at once,one day I go to change the address online for the card to do an amazon account and lo and behold it was locked up.I soon discovered all of my accounts were locked and had to call them.THey did unlock the funds which was around the 3 grand ballpark area between them.

The service representative told me that my accounts would be closed due to abusing greendot and that I was useing greendot for business purposes.I had to press them to get this information the girl was really nice and probably a college student,but she said it was their policy,so they closed the $#$#$# accounts and told me I was banned from greendot.

this has been a real headache for me,as greendot was an easy way to create an account with paypal bank verification.If you have multiple accounts be careful how many or you may be fired from greendot bank like I was.Dont know if this has ever happened to anyone else out there in the world,but just be careful.I have not found a card to replace greendots with that will pass paypal verification.The cards need to have a name and address on them and alot of the gift cards are getting harder to use.The vanilla visas with no name and the virtual cards such as Entropay do not work anymore in the USA,or at least they did not work for me as of July 31,2011
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2011

Longevity: 95%

yeah greendot is pretty ****ty they lock your card when u make alot of money they lock your card if u load to many money packs and they lock your card if Pp calls them and ask them to. All the times i called them it was middle eastern slum dog's that i had to talk to and only spoke a handfull of english and only words i could makeout is Load To Many, Abuseing and Closeing my account. Which btw they closed it and i went back online and reopened it but i have'nt used it since to load funds on just in case.
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I think they are still fine for paying ebay fees with. I have never had any problem but didnt use it for any kind of verifying, just for CC payment of fees monthly.
Old 08-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Although I've never used any of these bank-attached cards (mainly because I don't have an SSN), but I've also heard stories where they are being horrible crooks such as "stealing" your money by not adding your deposit to your account balance.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 73%

Why would anyone make 6 or 7 accounts from 1 card company when there are over a dozen of other prepaid cards that work just as well? That always puzzles me...
The Following User Says Thank You to gorky For This Useful Post:
ebay_an0n (10-26-2011)
Old 08-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorky View Post
Why would anyone make 6 or 7 accounts from 1 card company when there are over a dozen of other prepaid cards that work just as well? That always puzzles me...
What are you going to do after using up all of those "other cards"?

You come back and make more.

Besides, Greendot is the most convenient one to use with Paypal, since Paypal themselves allows funds added to the account directly from these cards.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 84%

Yeah greendot is the best, I had my Walmart moneycards closed and just found my greendot is still open had about 6-7 of them. Just transferred 1k from a suspended paypal to one of my closed walmart cards, called them up and the lady said to go buy another walmart or greendot card and add it paypal even though all my walmart cards were blocked so who knows maybe you can keep using them after you've been shut down.
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

i hate how you can only do min $20 on green dot. it would cost 100 dollars to open 6 cards?
Old 08-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Can you buy a card with another card? just curious. cant see why not. Just buy one and use it to buy the next one.

Or just use the money and buy another one at a later date. Saying it cost that much is just a bad way to look at it. You can look at it differently if you want to.

It really only costs you $3 for the card. The rest of the money is your money still but on a card instead of cash. See what I mean, just how you look at it.
Old 08-20-2011

i belive greendot is cash only to buy them. i know walgreens is i think walmarts the same way they make u buy with cash only no cards
Old 08-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
i belive greendot is cash only to buy them. i know walgreens is i think walmarts the same way they make u buy with cash only no cards
I bought mine online with my card. It gave me a temp card too which was awesome. I couldn't reload online also?
Old 08-20-2011

As long as it's a debit card, which greendot is, same with some giftcards will say debit above the visa logo than that's the same as cash so you can use it to buy another card just can't use credit, I use mine up for groceries, starbucks eating out, it's as good as pocket money.
Old 08-21-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshadows View Post
I want to warn everyone about a problem I experienced in July of 11.If you have multiple Green Dot accounts which is an easy way of useing a #$## name on an account you may get all of your accounts closed.

I had about 6 or 7 accounts going at once,one day I go to change the address online for the card to do an amazon account and lo and behold it was locked up.I soon discovered all of my accounts were locked and had to call them.THey did unlock the funds which was around the 3 grand ballpark area between them.

The service representative told me that my accounts would be closed due to abusing greendot and that I was useing greendot for business purposes.I had to press them to get this information the girl was really nice and probably a college student,but she said it was their policy,so they closed the $#$#$# accounts and told me I was banned from greendot.

this has been a real headache for me,as greendot was an easy way to create an account with paypal bank verification.If you have multiple accounts be careful how many or you may be fired from greendot bank like I was.Dont know if this has ever happened to anyone else out there in the world,but just be careful.I have not found a card to replace greendots with that will pass paypal verification.The cards need to have a name and address on them and alot of the gift cards are getting harder to use.The vanilla visas with no name and the virtual cards such as Entropay do not work anymore in the USA,or at least they did not work for me as of July 31,2011
Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-21-2011

Longevity: 93%

I just added the greendot direct deposit info to a paypal account to transfer funds. I made the transfer and paypal completed it. I am just getting nervous that greendot will reject the transfer cause the names don't match. I've transferred money before with account with different names using walmart cards but when I went to register my last walmart card it wouldn't let me cause I had too many. Does anyone know if greendot will allow these transfers from paypal to go thru with names that don't match?
Old 09-13-2011

Longevity: 83%

Just experienced this today. i have multiple cards and one card was actually a load card that i put on it not even being used. after i activated and loaded it i could not use it. spoke to some A$$ over there and they said that You could have up to 10 accounts per person. So WTF?? they said that they would release the hold then i can not use there service again do to some BS on descrepencies. Yeah ok . I had 4 accounts + other members had 4 each Every one in the house's cards was locked. . walmart money cards are the true scammers.

The only thing their card is good for is to open a locked door... or like when you were a kid and put baseball cards on your spokes I would use it for that....

alot of cards are being a pain in the A$$....
Old 09-13-2011

yeah greendot sucks seems when u load to much money the dlckheads locks your account and refuses service to you. and there a bunch of over sea indains who do customer service and barily speaks a bit of english.
Old 09-13-2011

I still have 1 greendot I've been withdrawing about $300 a day from paypal, got banned from walmart when I started tranferring larger amounts like a $1000 a day, as long you don't have too much going through they still work pretty good.
Old 09-13-2011

i dont know they got me just by loading a few money packs a day never had anything close to $300 a day go through greendot.

i use bankfreedom now they to have the opition to load with money packs theres a ton of cards besides greendot that money packs can be used on.
Old 09-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%

Still have to finalize my address in U.S. - you guys have so many nice options ha
Old 09-14-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Still have to finalize my address in U.S. - you guys have so many nice options ha
I knew you was going to move to the US.

:D
Old 09-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%

Not moving Sandy but setting up some kind of a reception address ha =)
Old 09-14-2011

How would u get past the soical requrmeint