eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   CryptoCurrency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/)
-   -   Goal: No Sell Bitcoin 2018 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/112597-goal-no-sell-bitcoin-2018-a.html)

GreenBean 11-22-2018 05:06 AM

Re: Goal: No Sell Bitcoin 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 959257)
And welcome back GB - your presence was sorely missed :)

Thank you. =}-

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 959127)
Welcome back GB :yar:

:canada::canada::canada:

Protect the hamster

GreenBean 11-22-2018 05:07 AM

Opps, Soz wrong thread.

:pound:

ilcarletto 11-22-2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 959380)
:canada::canada::canada:

Protect the hamster

Hamster is healthier than ever!!! ;)

Welcome back to the forum - all the best as you teach stealth :thumb:

dan_ebay 11-22-2018 05:29 AM

So all the 'pro traders' had already sold prior to the latest 30% dump, lucky guys eh haha.

JamesNorth101 11-22-2018 06:26 AM

I feel like I am on drugs after that video GB!

I didn’t sell mine. Not psychic enough!

@NasterXchange 11-22-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 959391)

Good spirit ^^

H4ck 11-24-2018 10:02 PM

oh slokor........its going to 3.7k now........

slokor 11-24-2018 10:06 PM

Im all in tether since ripple hit $0.478 :)
Now the question is when to move back to BTC.
Any suggestions?

H4ck 11-24-2018 10:07 PM

should find a way to go short bitcoin.......

dan_ebay 11-25-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 959979)
Any suggestions?

Just stick with your current tactics, wait for it to go back up and then tell everyone you bought it low lol. You're like mystic meg.

rsot 11-25-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 959980)
should find a way to go short bitcoin.......

It is possible/doable but the problem lies in the platform exchange, timing the dip, and finding buyers for the short position

slokor 11-25-2018 02:05 PM

Tether makes me nervous.
Im either buying back in to Ripple or switching to a different stablecoin for now.

slokor 11-25-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 960063)
Just stick with your current tactics, wait for it to go back up and then tell everyone you bought it low lol. You're like mystic meg.

Tactics play a role but luck plays a very large role these days...

Beautiful 11-25-2018 04:09 PM

Please be careful with tether... That house of cards can come down at any point and its not backed by anything except "faith" that their bank accounts have the capital backing the asset. If you research Tether, there is nothing but sketchy people behind it, and I personally think will crash at some point.

Just hold BTC as that has value in itself, the swings are short term. The entire stock market sell off is probably why people are selling their BTC. Margin calls left and right have people rushing to liquidate assets, including BTC.

I would just park it all in BTC and forget about it

H4ck 11-25-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 960165)
Please be careful with tether... That house of cards can come down at any point and its not backed by anything except "faith" that their bank accounts have the capital backing the asset. If you research Tether, there is nothing but sketchy people behind it, and I personally think will crash at some point.

Just hold BTC as that has value in itself, the swings are short term. The entire stock market sell off is probably why people are selling their BTC. Margin calls left and right have people rushing to liquidate assets, including BTC.

I would just park it all in BTC and forget about it

If I took this advice I would have jumped off a bridge I bought into btc at 10k saw it drop a little and got a nervous decided to stop playing the game and left it in tether. No stress since.

If I parked in btc I would have lost all my money at this point

GreenBean 11-25-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 959391)

Full Moon antics methinks.

:shhh:

slokor 11-25-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960191)
If I took this advice I would have jumped off a bridge I bought into btc at 10k saw it drop a little and got a nervous decided to stop playing the game and left it in tether. No stress since.

Like I said Im nervous about Tether as well.
There are other stable coins on Binance that are far more secure. ill be dealing with those in the future.

Beautiful 11-25-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960191)

man take it easy... Those cheap whores will be out of business if you did that!

only invest what you are prepared to lose. its very unlikely BTC will go to zero, but wild swings like this one is very likely to keep occurring for years to come as it gains more adoption and finds a more stable price

if you're looking at stable coins slokor, check out gemini GUSD.

that's gotta be one of the most trusted stablecoins available. I wouldn't touch any other stable coins tbh

H4ck 11-25-2018 09:27 PM

correction, if I parked all my money in btc i would have lost all my money like slokor......

rsot 11-25-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960207)
correction, if I parked all my money in btc i would have lost all my money like slokor......

Diversification is key - all kinds of investment modes...stocks, bonds, real estate, loans, start up capital, ventures, etc - not just crypto-purchasing

slokor 11-25-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960207)

Now youre just being an a$$ like Empirestate making that absurd assumption.
The majority of my Bitcoin (as in more than 90% of it) was purchased when the price was between $170 and $590. That is when I started accepting it as a payment without knowing much about it and accumulated a whole stack of it. I then cashed out a whole bunch to cover all my initial 'investment' (or equivalent amount of relevant income) when it was roughly at $2500 (yes I know empire - you would have known better and you would have waited till precisely $20k to sell - youre a 'stable genius'). Note that I never in my life actually 'bought' crypto - it was all gained from payments received so getting that amount out seemed like the prudent thing to do.
I have been riding it ever since and in the last 12 months been playing with a substantial part of it on Binance. The actual number of Bitcoins I have has risen as a result.
Not going to say I have my full value as it was when the market was at its peak (i.e BTC at $20k) - not even close (same as everyone else invested in crypto and has holdings in it long term), but to assume I lost 'ALL' my money without knowing anything about me is simply absurd and very ignorant. Again - something id expect of a loser like Empirestate - not you. You 'lost' half your money cause you say you converted to Tether at $10k - maybe I should do the childish thing Empirestate does and berate you for not being omniscient and knowing in advance that $20k was the current high point and selling then? Hind sight is always 20/20 so such a statement would just show how stupid the one making it actually is (yes Empirestate - youre stupid that way - we all know). You held on cause you believe in the long term concept crypto (and BTC) represents.
Seems like ill have to repeat my mantra forever. Im a believer in BTC and Im holding what I have for the long term - and by long term I mean at least 5-7 years. If Im wrong at that point ill admit to it. As it is ALL the funds I have tied in crypto at the moment are pure profit and the value of BTC would need to drop below $600 for me to regret holding on to it - and even then I wont be losing money but rather not making as much as I could have. Either way I will have zero regrets cause this is all an investment I can afford to lose and I do not base my life on it. Im sure you've all heard it before - do not invest if you cannot afford to lose the amount invested.

H4ck 11-25-2018 11:01 PM

i bought in when price for btc was 9.2-10k......went down a few hundred then decided to put all in tether.

I use my btc for other reasons....................................

lost money is lost money...........whatever helps you sleep better at night.......

if I could sell my coins at a worth value of $100,000 dollars, then decide to let it sit there and now its only worth 20k.......YOU LOST 80k......profit or not.....you LOST 80k.....

even though you didn't lose your initial investment....you still lost 80k....

slokor 11-25-2018 11:19 PM

That is so not the right way to look at it when investing money. No matter what investment that is - theres ALWAYS the chance of the value going down instead of up - at least in the short run. Guess amazon is a terrible investment with how much it dropped (more than 30% in the last few months) - but tell that to someone who bought them at a fraction of the current value.
Clearly youre not built for that sort of activity so you should cash out while you have the chance and before those 'losses' are permanent.
I don't se it as a loss. I see it as a part of the long term trend - same as any invetment. Read what I wrote above about holding LONG TERM.

oneup 11-25-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 959979)
Any suggestions?

We're a nearing the 200MA on the weekly price action ($3200ish) plus a daily divergence on the dailies is building up, so it could be a good time to slowly average a way in imo.

Fundamentally... Ohio sets to become the first U.S. state to accept bitcoin for tax bills which is pretty cool.

P.S.
Staying in tether is a bit 2017, don't you think? Lots of people are trying to limit their exposure to USDT as much as possible.

H4ck 11-26-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 960226)
That is so not the right way to look at it when investing money. No matter what investment that is - theres ALWAYS the chance of the value going down instead of up - at least in the short run. Guess amazon is a terrible investment with how much it dropped (more than 30% in the last few months) - but tell that to someone who bought them at a fraction of the current value.
Clearly youre not built for that sort of activity so you should cash out while you have the chance and before those 'losses' are permanent.
I don't se it as a loss. I see it as a part of the long term trend - same as any invetment. Read what I wrote above about holding LONG TERM.

your not accounting for the opportunity costs.......

slokor 11-26-2018 01:12 AM

Of course I am.
And in order to have sold them at that value of $100k as you put it you would have needed to know the future.
Im afraid the only one on the forums who has cracked that particular trick is Empirestate - if you figure it out too let me know.
It is my 'belief' that in the LONG RUN bitcoin will reach amounts higher than that.
Could I be wrong? of course! Im not a jackass like Empirestate who is perfect at predicting things AFTER they've happened. But I strongly believe that it will happen so I keep my investments in crypto.
If YOU do not believe in it - and from the sounds of it youre NOT - then cashout now and youre pretty much where you started. As for opportunity costs - right now mine are factored in. Yours are not cause you still keep your money in tether and its not doing anything at the moment.

H4ck 11-26-2018 01:18 AM

I keep it in tether to preserve the value.....I am doing something else with my btc............................................

I know how to turn $3 dollars of btc into $3000 dollars....

I turned $1k of btc into $29k.

if I kept it all in btc, I would of loss 10s of thousands......which I could have put to better use for something else that I do with my bitcoin money.....

all you needs to know is that I have a big penis......and I am not afraid to use it.

slokor 11-26-2018 03:41 AM

I guess that pretty much summed it up...

H4ck 11-27-2018 04:33 AM

I saw you on tv the other day slokor....

https://money.cnn.com/video/investin...ney/index.html

hehehehehe.....

dan_ebay 11-27-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 960226)

30% down in a few months? Bitcoin can manage that in a few days lol.

@NasterXchange 11-28-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 960479)
30% down in a few months? Bitcoin can manage that in a few days lol.

Anyway, watch now, BTC is recovering slowly..
Those who bought recently can be happy now :)
+ 14% recovery in the last 24 hours!!! :bounce::bounce:

dan_ebay 11-28-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @MasterNaster (Post 960910)
Anyway, watch now, BTC is recovering slowly..
Those who bought recently can be happy now :)
+ 14% recovery in the last 24 hours!!! :bounce::bounce:

lol, lost 40% in 2 weeks, goes up 14% and crypto 'investors' are happy. Still needs to go up 50% to get back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

H4ck 11-28-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 960925)
lol, lost 40% in 2 weeks, goes up 14% and crypto 'investors' are happy. Still needs to go up 50% to get back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

the voice of reason

slokor 11-28-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 960956)
the voice of reason

Just wondering if youll be big enough to admit to your own stupidity and mistakes for all the insults and childish comments if/when it bounces back to new highs.
What do you think? My money is on a big fat 'no'. People like you and Empirestate don't know how to do that - its simply not in you.

H4ck 11-28-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 960958)
Just wondering if youll be big enough to admit to your own stupidity and mistakes for all the insults and childish comments if/when it bounces back to new highs.
What do you think? My money is on a big fat 'no'. People like you and Empirestate don't know how to do that - its simply not in you.

when the lottery was in the hundreds of millions he would drive 300 miles just to buy several lottery tickets for himself and his family.....

I told him, the odds of winning are a joke why even bother?

he said, you say that.......watch what happens when I win and you come asking me for help.

end of the story; he lost.

Beautiful 04-02-2019 07:42 PM

bump 4 gains

In hindsight this thread aspkin started will probably look brilliant

slokor 04-02-2019 07:50 PM

Great... any second now empirestate is going to crawl out from under his rock with a new recommendation or price prediction...
THANKS BEAUTIFUL!

yankee 04-02-2019 08:07 PM

I was just talking to Renee on Saturday that the cost is so low that we should start dumping a few grand a month into it.

MeilenBoss 05-10-2021 09:07 PM

This aged so well :)