eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   CryptoCurrency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/)
-   -   Goal: No Sell Bitcoin 2018 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/112597-goal-no-sell-bitcoin-2018-a.html)

Play 12-08-2017 02:05 PM

re: Goal: No Sell Bitcoin 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 889123)
Trying to add credit Card to Coinbase and getting error. Is this common? Is bank Account better option?

If your investing a large sum, i'd opt for bank transfer. Takes longer, but works out cheaper + avoids all the coinbase hassle.

newjerseymax 12-08-2017 02:10 PM

Great! I think ill invest 5k today.

Spread them through 3 coins

3k Bitcoin
1k Ethereum
1k litecoin

newjerseymax 12-08-2017 02:36 PM

Done!

+0.18650943 BTC
+2.11319735 ETH
+0.18650943 BTC

If I lose, I lose and if I win, I win... However, one fact I know. If your not in it, then you cant win it.

I am on the bandwagon, wish me luck :)

Play 12-08-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 889125)
Great! I think ill invest 5k today.

Spread them through 3 coins

3k Bitcoin
1k Ethereum
1k litecoin

Good Luck.

With the spread you've got going there, long term I don't see you losing out. If you HODL, and things dont pan out, the worst case I see is you recoup your initial investment. No loss, no gain (given one of the three do actually take off).

newjerseymax 12-08-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 889136)
Good Luck.

With the spread you've got going there, long term I don't see you losing out. If you HODL, and things dont pan out, the worst case I see is you recoup your initial investment. No loss, no gain (given one of the three do actually take off).

Thanks! I would never have made the plunge if it was not for all the posts and interesting facts your guys posted.

I want to be part of the Aspkin Millionaires club! LOL!

nate 12-08-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 889137)
Thanks! I would never have made the plunge if it was not for all the posts and interesting facts your guys posted.

I want to be part of the Aspkin Millionaires club! LOL!

You are going to love this.... Trust me... Win or Lose this is the funnest way to make money I've experienced next to selling tanks of XTC back in the 90's... Every day is something new. And when you're invested you feel it....

I have two very important words your going to need to know. First word is HODL (hold) this is what you do when the second word comes into play... FOMO (anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website.) Your going to learn to love them...

Now go get you that app I wrote about the other day, Blockfolio, enter your transactions in there with the all the correct info. After you've done that you wont be able to stop looking at it.... TRUST ME... Your going love it.... Prepare for the 5x thrusters to kick in str8 to the moon... LMAO....

https://image.flaticon.com/icons/svg/639/639373.svg

Etycoon 12-08-2017 05:26 PM

How do you guys feel about todays pull back ?

unkown5454 12-08-2017 06:12 PM

needed. what happened this week is not sustainable. plus those in other coins are having some nice days now

slokor 12-08-2017 06:21 PM

Back to 16k.
That's what I love about bitcoin - the recovery time is very short. And the bounce-back is usually to a point higher than it was previously.

nate 12-08-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etycoon (Post 889153)

I've only been watching consistently for a few month, but this is what happens every-time so far, Bitcoin get run up to a crazy number while all the Alt-coins go down, then people take their profits from the Bitcoin run up and exchange into Alts while they are down, Then Bitcoin dips sending the Alts back up and people take a profit on the Alts and exchange back into Bitcoin and send it back up to where it was at before. We will be back at 19k soon, the high we hit the other day.

If you have a Coinbase account you can do the same with ETH/BTC on GDAX.

elmo 12-08-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etycoon (Post 889153)

Its due to Bitcoin Cash being more profitable to mine currently

When the majority of miners head over to Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin ends up getting 100-200K+ unconfirmed transactions which leads to huge fees / delays when using Bitcoin.

Hence the increase of ETH and Litecoin (up 35%) rally, as more people purchase these coins in order to send them in between exchanges with extremely low fees and without delays. This will continue to happen every time the profitability shifts, so that's why I've been personally increasing my ETH/LTC holdings. You can only buy BTC/ETH/LTC via Coinbase currently and when BTC has 200K+ backed up transactions and huge fees/delays to send coins, people will have to move ETH/LTC.

If you've ever moved BTC between wallets to exchanges, you may think its pretty fast and smooth. But give ETH/LTC a shot and you'll be surprised how much better it is. It takes seconds/minutes and pennies in fees. Its much more efficient to move ETH/LTC between exchanges.

Once Bitcoin mining becomes more profitable and the miners move back to BTC, the 200K+ unconfirmed transactions go through, fees go much lower and BTC price will go up as people move back into Bitcoin.

It occurs every time Bitcoin Cash becomes more profitable to mine.

Follow the trail of unconfirmed transactions: https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

:cheer:

duffrageous 12-09-2017 03:25 AM

This is a great post here. Lots of info that explains what I observed, but I couldn't fully explain why it keeps happening. I think the initial trigger was the selloff at $17k. When BTC price stars to drop, miners switch to BCC and traders buy other alts. Litecoin got pumped hard because of its low price per coin in comparison to ETH on Coinbase. People are more comfortable buying a smaller valued coin with more upside. ETH has only gained 20% in a day two or three times since the spike in May.

newjerseymax 12-09-2017 10:50 PM

Well I did what any crypto newbie would do watching it last 24hrs after buying at $15k. I bought more when it hit $13,800 !!! LOL!!!

elmo 12-10-2017 01:21 AM

empirestate 12-10-2017 06:27 AM

Buying back @ 7k

yotano211 12-10-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo (Post 889169)
Its due to Bitcoin Cash being more profitable to mine currently

When the majority of miners head over to Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin ends up getting 100-200K+ unconfirmed transactions which leads to huge fees / delays when using Bitcoin.

Hence the increase of ETH and Litecoin (up 35%) rally, as more people purchase these coins in order to send them in between exchanges with extremely low fees and without delays. This will continue to happen every time the profitability shifts, so that's why I've been personally increasing my ETH/LTC holdings. You can only buy BTC/ETH/LTC via Coinbase currently and when BTC has 200K+ backed up transactions and huge fees/delays to send coins, people will have to move ETH/LTC.

If you've ever moved BTC between wallets to exchanges, you may think its pretty fast and smooth. But give ETH/LTC a shot and you'll be surprised how much better it is. It takes seconds/minutes and pennies in fees. Its much more efficient to move ETH/LTC between exchanges.

Once Bitcoin mining becomes more profitable and the miners move back to BTC, the 200K+ unconfirmed transactions go through, fees go much lower and BTC price will go up as people move back into Bitcoin.

It occurs every time Bitcoin Cash becomes more profitable to mine.

Follow the trail of unconfirmed transactions: https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

:cheer:

The price of ETH might be up but the difficultly rate seems to be more up than the price.

elmo 12-10-2017 01:24 PM

I saw that ETH was clogged up too. Could be why litecoin is up 50%

yotano211 12-10-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo (Post 889383)
I saw that ETH was clogged up too. Could be why litecoin is up 50%

ETH hasnt been performing good lately. I am looking into getting out of it and into other coins, maybe bitcoin gold.

aspkin 12-10-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 889291)
Well I did what any crypto newbie would do watching it last 24hrs after buying at $15k. I bought more when it hit $13,800 !!! LOL!!!

I had buy orders at 13k .. .it didn't hit. :(

I should of been more optimistic.

Play 12-10-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 889406)

You should set it at around 0.2k more. Advice works both ways, with buy or sell orders.

I've seen on countless occasions it drop to i.e. 13.1k and jump back up, or hover around 13.9k before dropping... it doesn't quite always hit the round figure.

duffrageous 12-11-2017 04:47 AM

It hit 12.75k on bittrex last night:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=USDT-BTC

I always set my buy and sell orders between .2 and .8. I never go to the whole number. Sometimes I'll even set it at .5. You have to remember there are thousands of other people doing what you're doing, so you minimize risk but reward is a bit smaller. It's worth the tradeoff for me. I just hold most of the time though.

newjerseymax 12-11-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 889406)

I was actually watching for more dips into 13k as I thought futures would make it more volatile. Maybe cause website crash? I was actually surprised to see it less volatile then days leading up to Sunday.

newjerseymax 12-11-2017 10:06 AM

What exchange are you using that allows you to place Buy Orders? I'm using coinbase for buying and blockfolio for tracking, however its all manual.

First day I had a duh moment when I realized trading is 24-7 :P

nate 12-11-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 889533)
What exchange are you using that allows you to place Buy Orders? I'm using coinbase for buying and blockfolio for tracking, however its all manual.

First day I had a duh moment when I realized trading is 24-7 :P

https://www.gdax.com

If you have a coinbase account your already setup to start trading on GDAX....

Go to BTC/USD and set up a limit order.

I set on up day before yesterday for ETH/BTC and sold my ETH for $500 and bought BTC @ $15.8k

To do the calculations you have to decide at what price you want to sell your BTC for ETH.... Lets just say you want to sell BTC when it hits 19k and you want to buy ETH at $460. Divide 460 by 19,000 = 0.0242105263

So you want to place a buy order at 0.02410000 Then adjust the ETH amount accordingly. You wont be buying them at those prices, you'll be buying them by that same price difference.

If you do it and buy USD instead you can sell BTC right at 19k... Buying... same thing...

It does seem as tho futures tamed the beast, I'm kind of disappointed... I liked losing my ass then making back double in a couple days time. Made it exciting.

newjerseymax 12-11-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 889538)
https://www.gdax.com

If you have a coinbase account your already setup to start trading on GDAX....

Go to BTC/USD and set up a limit order.

I set on up day before yesterday for ETH/BTC and sold my ETH for $500 and bought BTC @ $15.8k

To do the calculations you have to decide at what price you want to sell your BTC for ETH.... Lets just say you want to sell BTC when it hits 19k and you want to buy ETH at $460. Divide 460 by 19,000 = 0.0242105263

So you want to place a buy order at 0.02410000 Then adjust the ETH amount accordingly. You wont be buying them at those prices, you'll be buying them by that same price difference.

If you do it and buy USD instead you can sell BTC right at 19k... Buying... same thing...

It does seem as tho futures tamed the beast, I'm kind of disappointed... I liked losing my ass then making back double in a couple days time. Made it exciting.

Awesome!!!

Thanks so much!!!

Exactly what I needed.

duffrageous 12-11-2017 02:35 PM

Bitcoin has hit a resistance level at 17k for a few hours at least(there will probably be more volatility when the Asian market wakes up again) in the afternoon and evening. This means people are gonna be trading BTC for alts like Litecoin, sometimes Ethereum, and others all in the top 500 or so coins. Most of the volume will come from the top 10 coins today. You should continue to trade for alts until a little after a BTC dump or during a BTC pump to maximize your holdings. During a dump, people will try to find the alts that are still going up creating a temporary pump, but you should have your sell orders ready. If you can't trade for Tether USDT, you should trade for BTC and then for Tether dollars. Once the price stabilizes again, you should trade for alts, but you have to be prepared to dump them during the next BTC spike.

Play 12-11-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffrageous (Post 889598)
Bitcoin has hit a resistance level at 17k for a few hours at least(there will probably be more volatility when the Asian market wakes up again) in the afternoon and evening. This means people are gonna be trading BTC for alts like Litecoin, sometimes Ethereum, and others all in the top 500 or so coins. Most of the volume will come from the top 10 coins today. You should continue to trade for alts until a little after a BTC dump or during a BTC pump to maximize your holdings. During a dump, people will try to find the alts that are still going up creating a temporary pump, but you should have your sell orders ready. If you can't trade for Tether USDT, you should trade for BTC and then for Tether dollars. Once the price stabilizes again, you should trade for alts, but you have to be prepared to dump them during the next BTC spike.

You're encouraging people to sell BTC in the wrong thread - users on this thread are looking to hold for long term gains.

Furthermore, lots of bitcoin forks coming up this month and next (which always push price up) - http://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/2017/...rks-2017-2018/

The question here really comes down to if these forks/cryptos are authentic - time will tell.

slokor 12-11-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffrageous (Post 889598)

Theres no way Im trading any of my bitcoin.
Ive been holding mine since mid 2016 and it has served me well doing so. Any kind of movement away to any altcoin is a gamble and I find the safest bet to have been and to still be bitcoin - for the long run.
When it hits 6 figures ill consider selling - although by that point I dont believe there will be any need to sell since bitcoin wallet will hopefully be fully integrated into online banking with all the major banks and ill be able to make purchases using bitcoin directly. Having banks utilize their online abilities in conjunction with the lightning network will make things super easy for bitcoin usage.

duffrageous 12-11-2017 04:50 PM

I couldn't add to my post before the site went down for a few minutes. I was gonna expand by saying alts have taken a beating since June/July in terms of growth compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin growth has outpaced alt growth nearly two to one. In terms of long-term strategy, it makes sense to just hold bitcoin now. But if you are looking for short term gains, you can trade BTC for USDT during the dips and buy back in or trade for alts(riskier but maximizes profits).

I actually lost 1/4 of my portfolio trading btc for alts the last 6 weeks trying to make some quick gains, but I wouldn't give that up because I've learned so much about all the alts and btc correlation.

slokor 12-11-2017 05:15 PM

Way too risky for my liking.
Ill avoid the drama and HODL my bitcoin for the long haul.

duffrageous 12-11-2017 07:30 PM

If you are doing this full time without a regular job or just a part time job, you might as well have some fun with it. But it gets annoying since most exchanges aren't approved by the app store that you have to remote in to your computer to do trades when you're outside. It takes like 10x as long as to do that from your phone.

aspkin 12-12-2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 889611)
Way too risky for my liking.
Ill avoid the drama and HODL my bitcoin for the long haul.

Every time it goes down.. I buy more.

I'm happy either way up/down. :)

aspkin 12-12-2017 07:33 PM

A couple more weeks and I can start pouring into bitcoin and other coins.

I'm thinking 75% bitcoin and a mix of other top 10 coins.

funnymacaco 12-12-2017 08:47 PM

Don't forget to tell us your chosen ones!
Didn't know you were looking for alts.

rsot 12-12-2017 09:32 PM

Litecoin is on the up and up

nate 12-12-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 889822)
A couple more weeks and I can start pouring into bitcoin and other coins.

I'm thinking 75% bitcoin and a mix of other top 10 coins.

I couldn't agree more with going with the top 10 coins... But I would do a 50/50 split BTC/ETH.... If your thinking of only holding 2.7% of your portfolio in ETH I'd rethink that and start researching ETH more.

I'm guessing you didnt exactly mean you would only hold 2.7% ETH....

I'd suggest 25% BTC / 25% ETH and 6.25% of the remaining 8 coins if anything. Unless you just have so much BTC thats impossible... I personally wouldnt sell any BTC for ETH, but in all reality it may just be the best decision in order to make the most money... Guess only time will tell. We'll all know more after the 18th...

ETH is going to be making some serious moves in the months to come...🚀🚀🚀🌛

At least that's what my magic 8-ball told me. It said: "out look good"...

I'd wait on Litecoin... I maybe wrong but I'm thinking Litcoin has just been a convenient coin to buy from Coinbase with cash and transfer to other exchanges to buy other coins since ETH has been backed up by CryptoKitties and BTC just isnt feasible for that sort of thing...

bluegrass1 12-13-2017 01:00 AM

thecost of sending btc is going to drive other coins with cheaper fees up like ltc..
i sold something for 30.00 in btc time it ended up in my wallet i had 7 bucks lol

bluegrass1 12-14-2017 01:36 PM

what would the fees be to send coin if base price was at 100k ? would be over 5xs currect rate so would cost more than 50 bucks to send 20.00 in btc .. or am i not understanding it correctly

inferno0619 12-16-2017 05:53 PM

Sucks I wasn't able to get in on bitcoin when it dipped around 13k earlier last week. I would have if my bank didn't take ages to process my wire transfer to gdax. Now its upwards to 20k and who knows if it will dip again.

newjerseymax 12-16-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno0619 (Post 890476)
Sucks I wasn't able to get in on bitcoin when it dipped around 13k earlier last week. I would have if my bank didn't take ages to process my wire transfer to gdax. Now its upwards to 20k and who knows if it will dip again.

I just had my bank on coinbase. Yes the transfer took some days, however it locks in your purchase price.