Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Investing > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #23  
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 206
Thanks: 177
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I love the volatility!
Same here, volatility to me = oppurtunity
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #24  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,786
Thanks: 2,451
Thanked 271 Times in 224 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd??? what factors dictate the value tho?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-24-2015
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,188
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,297 Times in 931 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd??? what factors dictate the value tho?
N00bs and hype trains.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-24-2015)
  #26  
Old 07-24-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,646
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 7,021 Times in 6,395 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd??? what factors dictate the value tho?
That's actually very low - sadly, compared to 2014
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,786
Thanks: 2,451
Thanked 271 Times in 224 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

hmmm well paper money and PP are risky enough for me.
imaginary digital money is too far
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-24-2015
muzzie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,994
Thanks: 219
Thanked 393 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 36%
iTrader: (22)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

BitCoins are great. But you should keep your walled very safe, or noone will save you if it becomes hacked. An yes, you can buy a Tesla for bitcons.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,672
Thanks: 313
Thanked 808 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-24-2015
doL's Avatar
doL doL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 220
Thanks: 7
Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

I followed crypos for a long time, and when I finally purchased, the market crashed heavily and I never recouped. This was when BTC was around $1k/ea. I followed other alt coins, watched a trend of up streams, and right when my money transferred and I was finally able to purchase, market took a dive and never recovered. It's almost as if my money was sitting at the top of the mound and the mound toppled over on it's own weight lol.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 206
Thanks: 177
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.
i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g 20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 206
Thanks: 177
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.
Try the Xapo btc card. Converts your bitcoin to cash instantly so everywhere you can use a normal debit/credit card you can use the xapo card.

https://xapo.com/wallet/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustfund View Post
i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g 20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy
if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

do not ever accept paypal for payment for cryptos EVER. I used advanced screening software and still have about a 20 percent fraud rate on crypto for paypal. This stuff takes a serious business plan that includes big losses. some cool stuff to look at is cryptothrift.com and localbitcoins.com both are vital to the BTC world. Any questions anyone has just ask me.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-24-2015
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,188
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,297 Times in 931 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustfund View Post

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.
That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 206
Thanks: 177
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.
good to hear about you increased profits, i understand ive gone a bit off topic but theres a reason other major foreign companies are "investing" so heavily in the USA. They're realizing that the currency is a ticking time bomb, i've analysed 2 year reports and its staggering, people arent investing they're getting rid of their US dollars and instead buying up US infrastructure! Sorry but the US Dollar isn't the universal currency it once was. What currency is? who knows?

Call me crazy but i've done an internship with Deutsche bank and after debating with some fund managers on the matter, got to speak to John Mcarty - Big Data, Risk & FX Technology (not name dropping) on the matter, he actually agreed with me and said his words not mine "were screwed, a meltdown is inevitable but, its about minimizing the damage that will be done, The Federal reserve will most likely encourage the US State to fold (therefore it wont have to pay off its debts) this will cause anarchy and who knows what next"

Just saying, (last rant sorry)

Last edited by Trustfund; 07-24-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 206
Thanks: 177
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.
"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-24-2015
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,135
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,802 Times in 3,327 Posts
Activity: 23%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Hey, We Nerds have feelings too! lol.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-07-2017), Trustfund (07-24-2015)
  #40  
Old 07-25-2015
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,188
Thanks: 2,145
Thanked 1,297 Times in 931 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustfund View Post
"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies
BTC instantly converted to cash. No one is holding on to BTC...

People in power have no use for it nor would they ever let money exist that no one can control.

Just because nerds use it to buy 1337 h4x stuff on da interwebz means absolutely nothing. No one would trade food, energy, etc. for BTC. All the things that make the world go round. On top of that, you have all these alt. coins now...why? Because someone wants theirs to be better than the rest and wants to be in control.

It has no common place amongst the billions of people in the world, especially for those who have no access to internet, phones, computers, etc. And again, you're going to need to go way beyond the internet for it to be real. Nations, leaders, energy companies, food companies...these control what currency can and can't do. Useless internet money with no control and no protection will never take the place of what exists today.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (06-13-2016), GhostOfAmazon (08-21-2015)
  #41  
Old 07-31-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 661 Times in 489 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.
I like Bitcoin for the technology and safety vs the US dollar. When Janet Yellen announces in a few months the US economy is too weak to raise interest rates instead they will be doing more Quantitative easing. Well I will be thankful. People who poo poo Cyrpto are the same who said no one would ever use email, no one would ever put their credit card on the internet to buy things, etc. I am very comfortable with Bitcoin in its current range. 5 to 10x fold within three years in my opinion, because of too much drama with everybody's mamma across the globe.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-06-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
can we safely transfer paypal funds to bitcoin?
Yes you can. I sent PM to you with link.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-17-2015
Klemantina's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 529
Thanks: 123
Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I like Bitcoin for the technology and safety vs the US dollar. When Janet Yellen announces in a few months the US economy is too weak to raise interest rates instead they will be doing more Quantitative easing. Well I will be thankful. People who poo poo Cyrpto are the same who said no one would ever use email, no one would ever put their credit card on the internet to buy things, etc. I am very comfortable with Bitcoin in its current range. 5 to 10x fold within three years in my opinion, because of too much drama with everybody's mamma across the globe.
Couple of hours ago they did not raise the interest rates but eventually they will

Can anyone share how much they lose/win on average when they withdraw from PP to BTC? what kind of tools do I need to use to be safe using that method?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-13-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
do not ever accept paypal for payment for cryptos EVER. I used advanced screening software and still have about a 20 percent fraud rate on crypto for paypal. This stuff takes a serious business plan that includes big losses. some cool stuff to look at is cryptothrift.com and localbitcoins.com both are vital to the BTC world. Any questions anyone has just ask me.
I use Bitify (Cryptothrift), only buying paypal from people with 500+ positives. Is there a way to stop reversals months later on Paypal?

Do person to person transfers allow reversals the same as business transactions?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebay to allow Bitcoin... BigCJ eBay News 32 06-08-2014 10:43 PM
Bitmit -- bitcoin marketplace Jonas Other Auction Sites 5 10-04-2012 03:27 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts