My first Purchase, Is this A Scam? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 01-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default My first Purchase, Is this A Scam?

Hey guys, so I've been looking for the past few weeks for a supplier.
I'm now ready to make my first purchase to sample the goods, but I'm still worried it might be a scam.
The supplier is from ecplaza.net I contacted him asking for more information on the goods, and company registration. One of the things that has me really worried is that he only accepts Western Union/ Bank Transfer.

This is the conversation we had: (Please, advice what I should do. Thank you.)

Me:

Hello,

the following is to inquire more information about the items you offer.

I'm concerned about the quality of these items. I understand they are not Genuine or Original,
but a good replica / clone is very important. How good of a quality are they?

Also, I wanted to inquire about the payment options. I see you offer Western Union
& Bank Transfers. Is there a reason why you don't accept payments via Paypal?
Your payment options are okay but not the safest when sending money to someone
you don't know; because there is no protection for Bank Transfer, Western Union, or Money Gram.
Could you make a link on AliExpress, which has better buyer protection?

I hope you understand I'm just trying to look out for myself.

Lastly, could you send me proof of Registration of your Company, by sending me your Company's Registration Number?
And I'd also like to take some time and talk with you, please send a reply with your phone number.

Regards,

Response:

Since my business competitor reported to paypal company that we sell the apple products without apple sale license (if I apply for the apple sale lincese , I have to pay a lot of tax to china Govenment every month ,by this way ,my product price will be lose the market attraction after the tax added on the price ) as result ,my paypal account have been limited 180 days last week ,during this period,if you decide to buy ,you only can pay either via western union or bank transfer
We are serious for our business ,no scam ,no fool ,attached are our company business license and export license ,pls verify our comapny before business ,in china ,only legal company have these two documents
If you are concermed for the online scam ,I advise you buy 1 unit to test and build up your order quantity after the trial order
If you have any question ,pls be free to contact with me at any time
With best regard
Your Austin
Phone NO: +86-***-********

Business License:

Export License:

Last edited by csvmont; 01-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Its a scam.

All legitimate Chinese business sellers use a female name and repeatedly call you friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
beneysz (05-23-2013)
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 71%

You're always taking a chance with sending money overseas via western union or something like that. I've taken a few chances and I've never been scammed before. But every case is different.
Old 01-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies you guys, I'm trying to post the two attachments he sent me, the business & export license.

Last edited by csvmont; 01-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Worst comes worst, you do a small purchase - test the seller out. I agree that WU payment is iffy at best, but some people here do it all the time.
Old 01-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah, I've read about some people sending money via WU, but only when they know the supplier.

I asked the supplier to post a link on AliExpress, but he didn't say anything about that on his reply.
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Move on.
There are other sellers who sell similar products who accept paypal.
Don't risk it.

You have little to no recourse should the seller not go through with the transaction.
Old 01-06-2013
Threadstarter  

If anyone knows of a legit provider for apple and other mobile phones and brand name electronics please PM me. I'm not asking for a free pass to the provider, but just to point me in the right direction. Thanks

Last edited by csvmont; 01-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

I have been in this same situation many times. First of all, if you do buy a small sample order they are going to send you the best product and you are going to be very happy. Than when you place the big order and receive it you are going to be in for a big surprise. You might get damaged or missing pieces and nothing like the sample you first received and you will not be able to do anything about it. That is why they will not accept paypal or any other payment method that gives the buyer some kind of protection. If sellers want to do honest business they will accept any form of payment especially paypal because it is so fast and simple and will make the customer feel comfortable with their purchase. Another thing, the seller telling you the he cant use paypal because his account has been limited is just a bunch of BS... I have heard that same line from foreign sellers so many times that I always expect to hear that when I mention paypal. As I said, an honest seller that wants to do honest business will accept any form of payment that the customer wants to use especially paypal... My advise to you is to just move on and find a seller that will play by your rules and not make shabby excuses from the start... Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epain For This Useful Post:
csvmont (01-06-2013), Eduktd (01-14-2013)
Old 01-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by epain View Post
I have been in this same situation many times. First of all, if you do buy a small sample order they are going to send you the best product and you are going to be very happy. Than when you place the big order and receive it you are going to be in for a big surprise. You might get damaged or missing pieces and nothing like the sample you first received and you will not be able to do anything about it. That is why they will not accept paypal or any other payment method that gives the buyer some kind of protection. If sellers want to do honest business they will accept any form of payment especially paypal because it is so fast and simple and will make the customer feel comfortable with their purchase. Another thing, the seller telling you the he cant use paypal because his account has been limited is just a bunch of BS... I have heard that same line from foreign sellers so many times that I always expect to hear that when I mention paypal. As I said, an honest seller that wants to do honest business will accept any form of payment that the customer wants to use especially paypal... My advise to you is to just move on and find a seller that will play by your rules and not make shabby excuses from the start... Good luck.
Good advice, Thank you!
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvmont View Post
If anyone knows of a legit provider for apple and other mobile phones and brand name electronics please PM me. I'm not asking for a free pass to the provider, but just to point me in the right direction. Thanks
I've seen similar scamms online on other forums, these pictures look very familiar.

I cannot trust wu, and it's sad, the way this works.
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvmont View Post
One name that comes to mind is Ingram.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
beneysz (05-23-2013), GreenGhost (01-06-2013)