American election - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: American election

USA does meddle a lot in other countries' affairs without dealing with its own problems...sad to say, really.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-11-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Reading what is going on in here it seems like being in Italy twenty-something years ago... and is not good at all.

P.S.: you have your Berlusconi in disguise (but he might be more dangerous)

Last edited by ilcarletto; 11-11-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Did they come here to celebrate the 4th of July or Cinco De Mayo? Which I still don't understand because it is Mexico breaking away from France? Just asking? Because my grandparents came here to be flipping Americans.
Funny, last I checked California did at one point belong to Mexico....and guess what, people don't forget how it was taken from Mexico...and I'll go a step further, California belonged to the Natives which was taken by the Mexicans.

Quote:
I live in California I see all these Mexican cats here waving there Mexican flags telling me how great it is in Mexico. Then GO HOME!!!!! But I know they call you Coconuts because you aren't born in Mexico.
Most people I see are proud of their heritage, never seen anyone saying how great Mexico is....Call me coconuts? wtf are talking about.

Quote:
If you want to come here and be an American!!!! Welcome!! Don't come to my country telling me I need to let in all your people illegally and speak your language.
So your saying these same illegals forced you to speak their language?

Quote:
When you have hundreds of thousands of people probably millions from across the world waiting in line to come to America to be an American!!!!!!!!!
Maybe even Billions....do you know what type of process is needed for this?

Quote:
Been to the border there are huge areas that are the wild west. People who are "Illegal" are encouraged to come here because of the laws of the US.
Encouraged by who?

Quote:
Mexico has a wall on their Southern Border they beat the crap out of the immigrants from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras that come through. They don't hand them and sandwich and send them back like the US. The women often end up becoming prostitutes you ignorant racist.
A sandwich? lol....when is the last time you crossed the border? People end up dead all the time at the border and a lot of those people have bullet holes...and some are also Salvadorians, and from other Countries. I do like the fact that I'm the racist, that's a good one.

Quote:
Low skilled and low educated workers which tend to be minorities are hurt by illegal immigration.
Most minorities are illegal, unless your out there checking their status

It is a crowding out effect. As many online sellers complain about Chinese epacket sellers. Its the the same thing. As to why Mexico built a wall and throws out people from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.

Quote:
If you want cheap workers to pick crops it can come from plenty of place Africa, Caribbean, South America, parts of Asia.
So your saying that you prefer the crops come from other Countries instead of being grown locally.

Quote:
This whole its only Mexicans can pick fruit because they live close enough to break the laws is insane and its Racist by those that spew that nonsense.
That's funny because for a ****load of years...the US granted and diverted them to work in the fields...

Quote:
It was built on American lives going back to 1776. You can go through the graveyard in Arlington Cemitary.
Right along with 10,000+ Mexicans....
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
beatingebay (11-15-2016)
Old 11-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Most minorities are illegal, unless your out there checking their status
Are you serious? You must live in a predominately white area?? In case you've forgot, "African-Americans" are still considered minorities and they certainly aren't illegal immigrants.

I'm not here to join in on this argument but vogeltron raised several valid points, and you wasted all that time doing the big mega post multi quote thing just to dodge the points he raised.

Quote:
Most people I see are proud of their heritage, never seen anyone saying how great Mexico is....Call me coconuts? wtf are talking about.
I LOL'ed at that part also. In our part of the country (the southeast) residents of the Mexican (or "Hispanic") part of town fly a Mexican flag in their yard rather than a USA flag. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your heritage but it's disrespectful to fly another country's flag in our country.

Quote:
Maybe even Billions....do you know what type of process is needed for this?
And what were you getting at with this question? USA has been letting in legal immigrants since the country was founded. The "process" you're referring to is known as the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Department. They are the ones who hand out work visas.

Quote:
Encouraged by who?
Did you not read the 2nd part of his sentence? He said
"encouraged to come here because of the laws of the US." Granted, saying "by the laws" would have been more grammatically correct but his point was still clear.

Quote:
So your saying that you prefer the crops come from other Countries instead of being grown locally.
Again you completely missed the point. USA could let in LEGAL workers from the countries vogeltron listed. He didn't say anything about importing crops from other countries.

Quote:
So your saying these same illegals forced you to speak their language?
They don't "force" anything, but rather make no effort to assimilate into our culture like a legal immigrant who's striving to become an American citizen would do.

Ok, that may have been a little argumentative. That was such a childish post breakdown though. :(
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

I am glad he is in charge now.

About time someone woke up the world.

I only wanted him to win as the world is a bit boring these days and a man like this will shake it up.

I dont agree with most of his stuff but I dont care coz I am bored and crazy stuff excites me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easy.bake.oven For This Useful Post:
MM78 (11-11-2016), rsot (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with celebrating your own cultural heritage. A lot of Americans of Irish and Italian decent do it so what is wrong with Americans of Mexican decent doing it? It does seem like that is a bit of a double standard to me sometimes.

One thing that really does bug me though is when people do immigrate (legally or illegally) from one country to another (be it Mexico to USA or any other country to another country) and they make 0 effort to assimilate and refuse to speak the local language. When ever I go on holiday I always try to make an effort to follow the country that I am travelling to customs and traditions as best as I can and also try to learn a bit off the local language and I only ever go away for a few weeks. It just amazes me when you get people that have moved from 1 country to another and 10 years later they still speak none of the language of the country that they have moved it. This 100% also applies to British people moving to say France or Spain so its not just about people moving to the USA or the UK but also people moving from the USA/UK to other parts of the world.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (11-17-2016), user3657 (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with celebrating your own cultural heritage. A lot of Americans of Irish and Italian decent do it so what is wrong with Americans of Mexican decent doing it? It does seem like that is a bit of a double standard to me sometimes.

One thing that really does bug me though is when people do immigrate (legally or illegally) from one country to another (be it Mexico to USA or any other country to another country) and they make 0 effort to assimilate and refuse to speak the local language. When ever I go on holiday I always try to make an effort to follow the country that I am travelling to customs and traditions as best as I can and also try to learn a bit off the local language and I only ever go away for a few weeks. It just amazes me when you get people that have moved from 1 country to another and 10 years later they still speak none of the language of the country that they have moved it. This 100% also applies to British people moving to say France or Spain so its not just about people moving to the USA or the UK but also people moving from the USA/UK to other parts of the world.
Amen! thank you for doing your part and learning their language.

It makes me sick when immigrants have conversations right in front of people in their home language.

Just this past year, Home depot(US), started playing their commercials instore FIRST in Spanish, English.

To the poster who responded to my post about jobs in farms and immigrants sending money back home...Really? My dad just so happens to be a farmer, and I know first hand of many forgerigers who come down for 4 months every year during peak season to send money back home. They have been doing this for years, and if you ask them, they have no desire to move here! Farmers use other farmers to get employees, because Americans could not live or support a family in the US with farming wages.

Mean while, at my work, I can think of FIVE full time employees who are immirgrants(US citiz,prob all within 15-20years)that are earning full time wages/healthcare. That is FIVE americans we could be supporting.

1)lost his home and had finance problems because he had lost his SECOND full time job and could no longer support his 8 KIDS. He had no choice but to pack up and move to a lower cost of living area.
2)was laid off this after 25 years, can not find a full time job......says, retail low skill jobs wont even hire him.

Ask any college student, if its easy to get summer work. They are lucky to get a call back! When I wanted a job, you handed in 2 or 3 apps, and you had a job in a week!

Bring on the wall!!!!!!

I am no way judging immigrants, they are people just like anyone else. But I do feel right now we need to stop letting everyone and their mothers into our country until we can make some improvments.
Old 11-12-2016

Longevity: 44%

Sorry if it's against someone just want to say I personally support Trump
The Following User Says Thank You to jayne dunn For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne dunn View Post
Sorry if it's against someone just want to say I personally support Trump
Nothing wrong with that A lot of people do
jayne dunn (11-14-2016), martyjump (11-16-2016)
Old 11-15-2016

So sick of hearing OBAMA fault....8 years and its been bad. Well that is a load of crap. It's a lot better than everybody losing everything they owned or had when Bush the bafoon was in. I had a major ebay account rolling in cash daily!!!!! Bush came along, and it went down hill in a blink of an eye. Had to go back to work, lost my ebay account in a day. My Real one I might add. Nobody bought a thing, they were just trying to feed their kids. Since Obama has been in, my online Biz has been very steady, gotten raises on limits, people buying pretty regularly on there and not a problem. If you think Trump is the messiah, think again. He was a democrat FOREVER! He is back peddling already...the mexican wall is now a fence, keeping some of Obama care. He said what the american people wanted to hear, and we bought it hook line and sinker. As soon as he elected my sales are ZERO!!!!!
Old 11-15-2016

Further more I live in So cal. we got lots and lots of farm jobs, come get them. They pay $$ and you can pick crops all day in the 100++ degree weather in the sun and do back breaking work. They even said in southern states they tried to hire white guys, showed up late, left early, or quit. The work was too hard. They had poster saying; Take my job please....come get my job....so stop balling. We gonna end up paying $25 for a watermelon. Who pick these crops....????
Old 11-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatingebay View Post
So sick of hearing OBAMA fault....8 years and its been bad. Well that is a load of crap. It's a lot better than everybody losing everything they owned or had when Bush the bafoon was in.
Yes because having a record number of people living with their parents into their late 20's is great. Home Ownership at 60 year lows, labor force Participation at rates unseen since women began entering the workforce in the 1970's. Record numbers on food stamps and other government assistance programs. THE LAST 8 YEARS HAVE BEEN AWESOME!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
martyjump (11-16-2016), user3657 (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Yes because having a record number of people living with their parents into their late 20's is great. Home Ownership at 60 year lows, labor force Participation at rates unseen since women began entering the workforce in the 1970's. Record numbers on food stamps and other government assistance programs. THE LAST 8 YEARS HAVE BEEN AWESOME!!!
You forgot doubling the national debt. Your sales have been great during the Obama years but terrible during the Bush years? For me, it was kind of opposite. I haven't done terrible by any means during the Obama years, but eBay was really booming back when Bush was in office. I don't think politics had anything to do with that though. Just think eBay was more popular then or maybe there was less competition. It just seems like eBay was literally BOOMING with sales back then.
The Following User Says Thank You to martyjump For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (01-07-2017)
Old 11-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
Your sales have been great during the Obama years but terrible during the Bush years? For me, it was kind of opposite. I haven't done terrible by any means during the Obama years, but eBay was really booming back when Bush was in office. I don't think politics had anything to do with that though. Just think eBay was more popular then or maybe there was less competition. It just seems like eBay was literally BOOMING with sales back then.
Yea, from about 03-07 it was like printing money on eBay. The past 4-5 years personally is when I have seen things become much more difficult. I don't think it was less competition but more that eBay was a dominant eCommerce site back then. Even with my Amazon sales it still doesn't compare to the heyday of eBay.

Still not sure how one could correlate any presidency to losing their eBay account. Those would be mutually exclusive events.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-16-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2016

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Yea, from about 03-07 it was like printing money on eBay. The past 4-5 years personally is when I have seen things become much more difficult. I don't think it was less competition but more that eBay was a dominant eCommerce site back then. Even with my Amazon sales it still doesn't compare to the heyday of eBay.

Still not sure how one could correlate any presidency to losing their eBay account. Those would be mutually exclusive events.
ecommerce will never be the same. Everyone and their mother is hooked up with a shopping chart now. Google has made it so easy to find the best price, google what you want and you will find who has the lowest price, it takes less then 2 seconds.

10 years ago, you had xxx ppl shopping on x sites. Now, you have the same amount of ppl but now you have 10000x more sites.

P.S, you lost your ebay account due to YOU and your business methods. Not because of some president.
The Following User Says Thank You to user3657 For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

The massive influx of Chinese sellers selling for $0.05 profit per item will be the largest reason a lot of people have in the past few years felts selling on eBay is less and less profitable (in my opinion)

Nothing to do with politics
vogeltron (01-07-2017), yankee (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
10 years ago, you had xxx ppl shopping on x sites. Now, you have the same amount of ppl but now you have 10000x more sites.
I agree with most of what you said, but that bit doesn't make sense to me. There are hundreds of times more online shoppers now. In 2006 most people were still afraid to put their credit card details online.
Old 11-18-2016

Longevity: 62%

sell trump gear