Competitor keeps reporting my items... How do they do it? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-30-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Competitor keeps reporting my items... How do they do it?

Here are my 2 cents. I was selling Marantz (A/V equipment) and my listings kept being turned off. It turned out the reason was "eBay global shipping". Apparently exporting Marantz to EU violated some law. By unchecking participation in eBay's global shipping program I was able to keep my Marantz listings on with out any issues. Took some time to figure out what was the cause.

I'm not saying your case is identical, but I would dig deeper into what the actual cause is. My educated guess, your competitors have nothing to do with your listings being turned off. The problem lays elsewhere, in my opinion
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2016

Guys, could you please give a hint as to what you type of product you are selling and other details, such as if it's "new", "new other", your handling time, etc.

I've been selling "brand new" A/V equipment for $100k+ monthly with out any issues. And I've had returns, cancellations, cases (though I'm above standard performance wise). I've also had "parallel import violation" several times, and I've had "pictures right owner notified us...". And no issues.

I'm just trying to learn what's the cause in your cases... I doubt it's competitor reporting. Something else has got to be going on
Old 12-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^Why are you here then?

The impact of these sorts of issues vary from account to account. If you've really got an account with $100k+/month turnover then you've got a very strong account, which is why you've remained untouched despite your multiple violations. You can get away with a lot of stuff if you're raking in the cash for Ebay.
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 53%

Question, I had several listings taken down because a "rights holder in Europe" complained. Do you think it was because I was shipping internationally also? I was selling a ton of the items and then tried to be sneaking and changed the actual name something different but got taken down again. USA guys rarely take things down. As far as they are concerned it is free advertising.
Old 12-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
^^Why are you here then?

The impact of these sorts of issues vary from account to account. If you've really got an account with $100k+/month turnover then you've got a very strong account, which is why you've remained untouched despite your multiple violations. You can get away with a lot of stuff if you're raking in the cash for Ebay.
I'm just trying to learn what's the cause in your cases...
Old 12-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Question, I had several listings taken down because a "rights holder in Europe" complained. Do you think it was because I was shipping internationally also? I was selling a ton of the items and then tried to be sneaking and changed the actual name something different but got taken down again. USA guys rarely take things down. As far as they are concerned it is free advertising.
Was "rights holder" complaining about pictures? Or what was he complaining about? In my case, rights holder was complaining about pictures (I've used pics from manufacturer's website) and eBay turned off my listings. using my own photos remedied the situation.