eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   anybody been on unmolested for more than 12 months? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1026-anybody-been-unmolested-more-than-12-months.html)

sacka_man 02-09-2009 01:17 PM

I've been banned for: VERO, Feedback manipulation and Shill bidding in my life time of using eBay :)

sick-bay 02-13-2009 09:51 PM

Call up eBay - Get reviewed!

I was unmolested for 2 years, until they pulled the high-risk acivity on me.
It's true My eBay and Paypal info had some inconsistencies if you looked closely. But noone bothered to look for 2 years.
The most important thing is I recongnoze it was my fault that I triggered a review. and a review now always seems to mean a review of both your eBay and paypal acounts

I got careless.
I started getting blunt with eBay staff on the phone for outages in their system (like invoices that would not combine all items bought) , calling it "failure to perform" on the part of eBay, and asking for a refund on store fees as compensation.
All in all I think I called eBay support 10 times during the 2 years. and most of those times I got frustrated in some way.
I now realize each of these events caused the staffer to add a flag to my account.
I do remember reading some good advice initially
"never contact eBay for any reason and do not rock the boat - it invites scrutiny"
But I got careless and to confident
I eagerly filled out a total of 4 surveys , 2 for paypal, 2 for eaby, dishing out low grades, and and giving them some negative remarks in the comment fields ( like "Paypal should be subjected to same regulations as banks" or "Paypal should not be a mediator , just a carrier of funds") , stuff like that.
Never realized there was really no annonimity built into those surveys.
If they know from their statistics that 10% of members cause 90% of trouble, and 10% of members tend to be cynical about their service, and that the first 10% is likely to be the same people as the second 10%, than they certainly got it right.

I should have known better.

Hope you can learn from this and not repeat it.

aspkin 02-13-2009 10:00 PM

It's like yelling at the people who prepare your food at a restaurant.

I just don't do it. :)

oompaloompa 02-14-2009 04:57 AM

scared of the saliva, huh, Aspkin....:FF:

freesailing 02-22-2009 10:27 AM

Been on for 6 months - no problems!! Thanks to ASPKIN!!

If you follow the STEALTH book and ASPKINS recommendations you will succeed! I have been on now for 6 months....no problems. Am now up to a silver powerseller doing $3800 a month plus!

Sending you much thanks Aspkin! You deserve lots:twisted:!

aspkin 02-22-2009 10:38 AM

Thanks buddy. :)

boubou 02-23-2009 08:14 AM

I got suspened a few days ago....A few Negatives on the row due to Postal delays (am located in Europe) and my seller rating gone done really fast. They gave me 30 days to fix my seller rating but wasnt enough, I refunded all my recent buyers asking only for good feedback and good seller rating....many got the stuff and their money back...but I really didnt care , I wanted my account back and in good standing....Ebay finally suspended me. I have tried to contact them but as usually received a canned reply that my suspension is indefinate....
Does anyone has any idea what happens in these cases? Should i ait 2-3 months and try to contact them again (apeal)? Maybe the overall seller rating would improve a bit with the pass of a few months....Negatives would go back....
I am just thinking of my options .... any help or ideas would be highly appreciated.
I have another 2-3 dormant accounts....2 of them US based and another in europe....all of them unspoiled....but for us based in Europe creating a new US Bank account (in order to start selling) is a real pain.....

newguy121 02-27-2009 04:00 PM

Don't Feel Bad Sick-Bay. I had sort of the same thing where I thought I was invincible on ebay since 1998. When they changed their policies, they just axed me. They have a record of everything. Now I keep to myself, take what comes in stride, and dont rock the boat. The less record you have the better.

sick-bay 03-02-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boubou (Post 76750)
I am just thinking of my options .... any help or ideas would be highly appreciated.
I have another 2-3 dormant accounts....2 of them US based and another in europe....all of them unspoiled....but for us based in Europe creating a new US Bank account (in order to start selling) is a real pain.....

Sorry to hear that. At least with a feedback kind of suspension you know exactly what you did wrong and how to fix it. It's not like "high risk behaviour" where they essentially don't trust you, and it is nearly impossible to rebuild that trust.

The Bank of Greece has branches in the US.
WHy don't you ask them if you could open a acct in Greece and have it kept at a branch in the US?
I know my greek frinds in the US often deposit money in a Greek bank which keeps the funds in Greece and does not report to the IRS

sick-bay 03-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguy121 (Post 77311)
Don't Feel Bad Sick-Bay. I had sort of the same thing where I thought I was invincible on ebay since 1998. When they changed their policies, they just axed me. They have a record of everything. Now I keep to myself, take what comes in stride, and dont rock the boat. The less record you have the better.

Actually I don't feel bad. I feel enlightened.
Having been around the block a few times, I already had other ready accounts to take over the work. I'ts been over 6 months now. I would not have writen about it at the time it happened, not in a forum monitored by the ennemy.

But identifying what you did wrong, and identifying yourself as the culprit is certainly a very productive learning experience. Blaming fault on others or on "circumstances" is a sad state of affairs, since it concludes that you have no control (which you always do), and that there is nothing for you to improve (which there always is).

newguy121 03-06-2009 12:49 PM

WE are very wise Sick-Bay. :)

mimo 03-08-2009 02:06 AM

Hello to everyone!!!

Actually I don't feel bad. I feel enlightened.
Having been around the block a few times, I already had other ready accounts to take over the work. I'ts been over 6 months now. I would not have writen about it at the time it happened, not in a forum monitored by the ennemy.

[/QUOTE]

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, bought the e-book two days ago and been searching and reading the forum since then. I am feeling overwhelmed and little confused by all the info out there right now, at the mean time I am also glad that I found this forum because i can sense hopes for the first time after hitting that rock bottom. I am absolutely impressed that so many members of this forum are very helpful by taking the time to answer others' needs and to share their own stories and experiences. I am thankful for the people whom build this forum and can't wait to get my feet back on "coldbay" again. :)

By the way, sick-bay, I don't quite get what you mean 'a forum monitored by the ennemy'? any clue??

Here We Go Again 03-08-2009 03:11 AM

^^^^^^^^^^
'a forum monitored by the enemy'
MANY things are not discussed in the "Open Forum" because it is a well know fact that eBay & Paypal "surf" this site in order to figure out ways to plug the holes in the system that we find.

sick-bay 03-08-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 78197)
^^^^^^^^^^
'a forum monitored by the enemy'
MANY things are not discussed in the "Open Forum" because it is a well know fact that eBay & Paypal "surf" this site in order to figure out ways to plug the holes in the system that we find.

Help me understand this:

what prevents a ebay/paypal spy from getting a paid subscription to the forum.?

Here We Go Again 03-08-2009 02:00 PM

I will leave that answer up to the site owner, Aspkin

sick-bay 03-08-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimo (Post 78196)
By the way, sick-bay, I don't quite get what you mean 'a forum monitored by the ennemy'? any clue??

If you found the forum, so can ebay and paypal people.

aspkin 03-12-2009 07:27 AM

The wonders of SEO.. :)

jakesmith 03-23-2009 05:20 AM

Hi Friends,
This is Jake ...
8 months on one account currently..
Thanks!

Lyda 03-23-2009 08:09 AM

Yea, we can spot some of those spies too..so, we ain't stupid either..lol. It will be constant "cat and mouse" game between them and us. We come up with a solution to problem - they find a way to block us again - but than we come up with yet another solution. Good thing Ebay/PP don't "rule" over the rest of the world and they too must comply with the law, rules and regulations. There are plenty of new business out there that will do quite well just catering to NARUs kicked from Ebay. Ebay has been shooting itself in the foot for some time now, and it shows.:attention:

arysmith 04-01-2009 06:22 AM

have 2 that have been up or 8 months. A lot suspended for stupidity. Recently, it's been PayPal being the problem.

Ghost 04-06-2009 06:12 PM

Paypal for "unusual or high-risk activity"

(i.e. "you're making too much money too fast and we don't like it!")

JamesYaBaoy 04-06-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 81827)
Paypal for "unusual or high-risk activity"

(i.e. "you're making too much money too fast and we don't like it!")

Its a SERIOUSLY messed up system..Unless your selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise I dont see how they would have a problem with YOU making THEM money...

100% feedback , excellent dsrs, tracking #'s on all orders and thats unusall activity....I thought I was being the PERFECT customer.I gues they would rather me not ship the items out.:lol:

In my opion i think that whole "unusall activity" is just a way to weed out the small time work-at-home sellers..