Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay....

As the title suggests. My sales were between $400-750 a day. Since Saturday, my sales have been $50-150 a day.

This is extremely scary. That's not enough to even enough to pay half my expenses for the month. No clue what I'm going to do, if this wasn't just a fluke this week and it lasts the month. I'd be finished.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
shayer2019 (12-13-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2017

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay

Not enough information even to begin to help you, but a certain degree of fluctuation in sales is to be expected.

Many people find as graduations and summer approach and over holidays things slow down dramatically.

Or maybe you've just reached your velocity limit for the month.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
shayer2019 (12-13-2018)
Old 05-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Not enough information even to begin to help you, but a certain degree of fluctuation in sales is to be expected.

Many people find as graduations and summer approach and over holidays things slow down dramatically.

Or maybe you've just reached your velocity limit for the month.
What other information could I have possibly provided? Nothing at all changed or is different. Sales at $500-700 a day. Now sales $100-200 a day. That's an obscene degree of fluctuation. We aren't talking about day to day. Sales good for long stretch of time. Then sales drop on their ass the next day, and stay that way for days.

Could have done without the condescending attitude attached.
shayer2019 (12-13-2018)
Old 05-05-2017

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
What other information could I have possibly provided? Nothing at all changed or is different. Sales at $500-700 a day. Now sales $100-200 a day. That's an obscene degree of fluctuation. We aren't talking about day to day. Sales good for long stretch of time. Then sales drop on their ass the next day, and stay that way for days.

Could have done without the condescending attitude attached.
Your selling hot things and complaining about fluctuation when what ur selling is probably against ebay rules anyway so shhhh
The Following User Says Thank You to thegodfathertm07 For This Useful Post:
shayer2019 (12-13-2018)
Old 05-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

responder did not say anything condescending......and they gave good info on seasonal blocks...

info on competition/if anyone else sells it, similar cheaper or generic products sales, look at their sales or prices or better feedback, rankings - it might be relevant

if you want condescending, then here you go - relying on ebay for your basic expenses is 'extremely scary'......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-05-2017 at 01:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
shayer2019 (12-13-2018)
Old 05-05-2017

Longevity: 57%

How many accounts are you using?
Old 05-05-2017

Longevity: 56%

Any defects or bad feedback? Competition? Possibly a newer version of your product released?

Any suspensions or emails from eBay recently?
Old 05-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 58%

Maybe you should consider moving into a $500 a month apt or $1,200 a month townhome.
Onion (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017

Longevity: 54%

Diversify my friend, diversify.
Old 05-06-2017

As I said not enough information... for any meaningful analysis of the data we would need information, and lots of it - what you sell, the long term overall pattern of sales over the past several years, competitor items, their sell through rate and sales prices, and lots of other details.

Maybe something has changed, maybe it's a fluke, maybe the EB gods have frowned upon you.

I know sometimes I feel as if I'm the only living person in e-commerce land, and days will go by without any activity, but I know that statistically it well catch back up in a week or two. That's the whole meaning of 'average'.
Old 05-06-2017
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

It sounds like you're relying on 1 eBay account? That's a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one. It could be that your sales are being throttled.

Your best bet is to spread out your sales over multiple accounts. It will take some time to get going but in a few months you will be in a much better position.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
Yasav (05-07-2018)
Old 05-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yes. I have noticed a huge drop on serval accounts.... Started around the 1st of month.

I have read, unconfirmed, there is issue with promoted listings that actual listing disappears only promoted listing shows up, sounds like an ebay thing to do.

Also, they are tweaking search again so this could have affect.

Plus, I have noticed sales stats have not updated on any account since the 1st of month.
Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 53%

I don't know about all of you but I sell a specialized item (custom made HO Scale Circus Wagons) and in the past if you googled ho scale circus wagons on ebay 85% of displayed items would be mine. I just googled it and less than 5% was mine. So yes there is something going on. Nothing has changed on my end (I keep about 30-40 items up at all times). My listings have just dropped off the earth. Great feedback, never an issue or suspension.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Yes. I have noticed a huge drop on serval accounts.... Started around the 1st of month.

I have read, unconfirmed, there is issue with promoted listings that actual listing disappears only promoted listing shows up, sounds like an ebay thing to do.

Also, they are tweaking search again so this could have affect.

Plus, I have noticed sales stats have not updated on any account since the 1st of month.
This exact thing happen to me this month....only my promoted listing were coming up for some items. I found it weird because for the last 4-5 months all my listing came up as best match top listing, and for about the last 2-3 months straight....i didnt have one promoted listing sold only non promoted listings of the same items....

I fixed this by removing all my items from their promotions then re-adding them again. Not only did it fix my active and promoted listing but gave me tons of subsequent promoted listings like i used a higher percentage promotion. Typically i only give 1% for promotions on all products, but it gave me like 4 promoted listings for the same item like i had a 10% listing promotion going.

Maybe that will help you guys fix similar problems
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRock For This Useful Post:
applebaum (12-10-2018)
Old 05-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfathertm07 View Post
Your selling hot things and complaining about fluctuation when what ur selling is probably against ebay rules anyway so shhhh
No. No I'm not selling hot things. I've been selling normal things. Perfectly along ebay rules. The same things. For years now. I don't know where you got the info you seem to think you have.

So yeah, I sure as hell will complain about 80% drop in sales. Stay off this forum if you have nothing to contribute, except accusations against me.
Old 05-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
responder did not say anything condescending......and they gave good info on seasonal blocks...

info on competition/if anyone else sells it, similar cheaper or generic products sales, look at their sales or prices or better feedback, rankings - it might be relevant

if you want condescending, then here you go - relying on ebay for your basic expenses is 'extremely scary'......
I don't sell seasonal products. I can sell just as well during Christmas, as I do any other time of the year. I have found zero correlation between selling seasons and my sales.

People don't buy generic products if they are wanting to buy my product. That's not my market. I sell high end products. When things break, they come to me. There are some sellers selling cheaper products, but I have a wide variety of products in my market, and there would have to be a huge amount of sellers selling a lot of parts, to compete with me. Especially to account for selling 8 items a day on average, to being happy with selling 1 item. And not over a span of weeks or months. But Waking up the next morning, and BAM, sales dead.

And maybe we have a different idea of expenses. I certainty don't have a job. I sell on ebay full time. It pays my rent. It pays my car. Gas. Food. Ebay fees. Debt payments.

If you want to have a condescending war, then tell me what you expect me to do? Get a day job to pay my expenses? Last time I checked, we were all here to make money on ebay. If we need a day job, then something is clearly wrong.
Yasav (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
It sounds like you're relying on 1 eBay account? That's a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one. It could be that your sales are being throttled.

Your best bet is to spread out your sales over multiple accounts. It will take some time to get going but in a few months you will be in a much better position.
My main account is my main money maker. So you're mostly right. And yes, it is a recipe for disaster. But I'm **** at organization, and am afraid of spreading myself too thin. I have a couple of other accounts, but even those seem to get me in trouble.

Only issue is, my products aren't generic enough. So that's what's keeping me from expanding out too far. Hoping to get someone to help me with that soon.

Yes, my sales could be throttled. The end of the money was really good.
Old 05-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
Maybe you should consider moving into a $500 a month apt or $1,200 a month townhome.
I pay about $1400 a month. Bedroom, office, and storage. But I have far more expenses than that.
Old 05-07-2017

Don't we all.

I generally find search parameters don't matter so much if you're the only game in town.

Still, given the whole rolling blackout thing, if all your items are located in a single geographic location, and they changed the algorithm that alone could be enough to wipe out most of your visibility.

I'm still thinking probably velocity limit...

Try going to a library or a friends house and using something other than your machine in your ip address to do a search on your items by keyword without logging into EB. See what comes up.

Maybe there's a new player in town and your listings are being bumped down. I saw people and listings and stores in my category I'd never seen before.

I did this in a Sam's Club Warehouse and some other places once, and it was a real eye opener. I got entirely different search results every different place I tried.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
jakobrockz (05-07-2017)
Old 05-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Don't we all.

I generally find search parameters don't matter so much if you're the only game in town.

Still, given the whole rolling blackout thing, if all your items are located in a single geographic location, and they changed the algorithm that alone could be enough to wipe out most of your visibility.

I'm still thinking probably velocity limit...

Try going to a library or a friends house and using something other than your machine in your ip address to do a search on your items by keyword without logging into EB. See what comes up.

Maybe there's a new player in town and your listings are being bumped down. I saw people and listings and stores in my category I'd never seen before.

I did this in a Sam's Club Warehouse and some other places once, and it was a real eye opener. I got entirely different search results every different place I tried.
I'll take you up on that.

And while I'm not the only game in town, no one sells the variety I do. So if there is a new game in town, it would only knock out maybe 10% of my product line. My stuff not coming up at all in searches, would be the only way this would happen.

I also buy 95% of my inventory on ebay, so I'm constantly searching for items, so I can see if someone else is selling something that I am. There are certainly some people, selling some things, but not all people selling all things.

But there are times that I've looked in completed listings, and there were sold listings that I never saw in my searches. Which is BS!!!

Velocity limiting might be the ticket in all of this...
Old 05-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Don't rely on 1 source of income. Look for a job if you cannot make it.
Old 05-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Don't rely on 1 source of income. Look for a job if you cannot make it.
I was making it just fine for many months, with maybe a slight bump every now and then. It would take weeks to find an even slightly decent job and weeks before I get the slightly ****ty paycheck. You might as well tell anyone with a job, to not rely on 1 source of income, and look for a second job.

All I came here for, was to find out if there was something going on with ebay. That's all. It's in my title even. "anyone else?". Because that's the one thing I can't figure out on my own. I need to know if anyone else if having the same issue. If not, THEN I know it's me, and there's something I could do about it. Otherwise, all the effort in the world isn't going to help