Replace eBay for Website? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Replace eBay for Website?

Hi all, I don't post much but have learned so much from here. Just wanted to share my experience and method with everyone.
First of all, I have read the Stealth Book and learned what it takes to create a stealth eBay & PayPal but I don't like all the rules. On new accounts there are so many limitations it's ridiculous. If you plan to make a significant amount of money right away good luck.
Wtbs, I choose not to use eBay at all. I build stealth websites and ad-word accounts. I use my stealth PayPal with my stealth website. I've been using this method for a while now and it works great. I like this method much better because I don't have to worry about eBay giving me a lousy $500 monthly limit to start. I can make as many sites as I want and I can sell whatever items I want. I do have hiccups here and there but not nearly as much of the headache that I had trying to run stealth eBay with PayPal.
Why isn't this method talked about more? Is there anyone else that does this method? Is building a website too much work for most? It's just strange that I don't see others in the forum talking about this method when it's much better.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Replace eBay for Website?

Getting traffic to a website is the biggest issue for most people. eBay is instant traffic in most circumstances. Even if you have low limits, if you have 5-10 accounts you can make good money.
Old 08-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Getting traffic to a website is the biggest issue for most people. eBay is instant traffic in most circumstances. Even if you have low limits, if you have 5-10 accounts you can make good money.
Getting traffic is the easy part for me. The most difficult part of my method is deciding on which products I want to sell. However, I am aware that many people have a difficult time with AdWords. I've been building sites and using AdWords for many years so it's kind of "second nature" for me now. Using eBay just didn't work for me I guess because I've became accustom to the freedom of doing things my way with a website.
Old 08-29-2017

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly4dust View Post
Getting traffic is the easy part for me. The most difficult part of my method is deciding on which products I want to sell. However, I am aware that many people have a difficult time with AdWords. I've been building sites and using AdWords for many years so it's kind of "second nature" for me now. Using eBay just didn't work for me I guess because I've became accustom to the freedom of doing things my way with a website.
I would love to be able to be successful on AdWords. That **** ain't easy.
Old 08-29-2017

Longevity: 72%

This is a site designed to help people get back on EB, AZ, etc, not to give website advice, but people here often talk about websites anyway.

Many of us don't have a lot of success with adwords, and find it doesn't pay.

That said, there's a lot of variables involved, and some people obviously do very well at it.
Old 08-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I would love to be able to be successful on AdWords. That **** ain't easy.
It took me a very long time to learn how to successfully use adwords. It really isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it.
Old 08-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
This is a site designed to help people get back on EB, AZ, etc, not to give website advice, but people here often talk about websites anyway.

Many of us don't have a lot of success with adwords, and find it doesn't pay.

That said, there's a lot of variables involved, and some people obviously do very well at it.
I think the reason some people don't have success with adwords is because they think that they can sell in all niches and from my experience that is not the case. I find that with adwords it's best to sell name brand products that people look for on Google. Those type of items sell very fast but if you are selling items without a known name brand then Google adwords will not work as good. Paying for clicks will be expensive because Google is trying to get your item placed in front of potential buyers but because your products doesn't have a name that people are searching for it will be difficult for google to place your ad.
Google is the #1 search engine and it works great once you know what you are doing. Many people have their own successful methods of stealth and share it here in the forum. I'm just doing the same.
Old 08-29-2017

Longevity: 61%

Overall, I like the idea. I was thinking about it for a long time. There is a lot of advantages from selling from your site instead of Feebay, such as enormous fees, you can add multiple payment processors and you can have more control over what and how you sell overall.

Question is, if my products have nothing to do with each other, for example if I sell protein powders, video games, and microwaves. How do you market a website like this?!
Brands are all popular among the product consumers, but I sell so many categories (from sex toys to video game consoles) that I'm not sure how to exactly operate a website like this.
Old 08-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I was banned from ebay the first time 15 years ago and that's when I started my website of which I live ever since. So I gotta thank ebay for giving me independence.

For every venutre I start with ebay or amazon I'll of course also create a website and try to get the customers to buy from the website the next time. This is an essential part of business and it feels much better than being dependent on Ebay or AMZ.

Stealth makes you less dependent, but your own website makes you independent.
Old 08-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell007 View Post
Overall, I like the idea. I was thinking about it for a long time. There is a lot of advantages from selling from your site instead of Feebay, such as enormous fees, you can add multiple payment processors and you can have more control over what and how you sell overall.

Question is, if my products have nothing to do with each other, for example if I sell protein powders, video games, and microwaves. How do you market a website like this?!
Brands are all popular among the product consumers, but I sell so many categories (from sex toys to video game consoles) that I'm not sure how to exactly operate a website like this.
This would be called a "General Merchandise" website. It is definitely possible to sell in different categories on one website. I do it all the time. Just think about it, many companies do this as well. Look at walmart, target, sears etc. All you do is have different collections for each category such as home, clothing, electronics, shoes, adult, health and beauty, etc. You would have a collection for each category of products you are selling. I actually like this kind of website because I have many options when it come to products.
Old 08-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
I was banned from ebay the first time 15 years ago and that's when I started my website of which I live ever since. So I gotta thank ebay for giving me independence.

For every venutre I start with ebay or amazon I'll of course also create a website and try to get the customers to buy from the website the next time. This is an essential part of business and it feels much better than being dependent on Ebay or AMZ.

Stealth makes you less dependent, but your own website makes you independent.
I absolutely agree. The same thing happened to me many years ago. I was devastated at first when Ebay booted me. I was doing extremely well at the time and they banned me out of no where. Since then I put so much time and effort into learning how to build websites and mastering Adwords. I'm so glad that I did. I know for fact everyday that my websites are up and running. Unlike the fear of logging on to Ebay and getting the message "your account is suspended". I dibble and dabble here and there with stealth Ebay but Ebay sales can't hold a candle to the sales, stability, peace of mind, and freedom I get with having my own website.
Old 08-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I feel the same way. Also I forgot to mention, that for promoting your website there are WAAAY more tools than only adwords. There are many other platforms where you can grow and get users to your website, like forums and social media. Don't spam the **** out of it tho .

Of course one might say, I can also promote my ebay shop on social media. But once ebay decides to f#ck you over and ban your account all the work will be lost. Or even worse, the links you spread to your (now dead) ebay shop on social media will lead customers to a 404 domain of ebay and all the work you put into this will lead the customers right to ebays product search.

Imo, if you plan to stay in business long term only your own website (not shopify) will do so.

If you guys are interested...

Hosting: Hostgator or Godaddy
Domain: Dynadot
Shopping Cart: Magento, OS Commerce or Zen cart (free and open source, excellent forums)

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly4dust View Post
I absolutely agree. The same thing happened to me many years ago. I was devastated at first when Ebay booted me. I was doing extremely well at the time and they banned me out of no where. Since then I put so much time and effort into learning how to build websites and mastering Adwords. I'm so glad that I did. I know for fact everyday that my websites are up and running. Unlike the fear of logging on to Ebay and getting the message "your account is suspended". I dibble and dabble here and there with stealth Ebay but Ebay sales can't hold a candle to the sales, stability, peace of mind, and freedom I get with having my own website.