Very Low status on Seller Dashboard - How long? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Very Low status on Seller Dashboard - How long?

Hello,

My concern is that I received a Seller Non-Performance warning back in january (approx 4 months ago). No suspension - just a warning message. It mainly said that my % of satisfied buyers couldn't fall for the following 30 days, and it didn't. Everything went well and indeed the alert has already disappeared from My Messages.

However however however... my Policy Compliance status is STILL "Very Low" - after nearly four months!! My account has been inactive since I have received the warning. No bids, no sales, no feedback at all, nothing! The account has been resting without any activity. I was expecting the status to go back to "High" again after 90 days but it didn't.

This is what it says in my seller dashboard:

Your policy compliance rating is Very Low

You have at least one policy violation on your account. Check to see what policies you violated and what steps you can take to avoid those mistakes in the future. An additional policy violation can result in listing cancellations, restrictions on your account, loss of any PowerSeller status, forfeit of fees, and account suspension.

You have violations. See more
Messages Date
Seller Non-Performance 01/14/09

When I click on the ugly "Very Low" red button, it says:

Policy violations that are older than 90 days are not displayed here, but are still considered in determining your status.

My concern is that it has been already 90 days and it's still being displayed! Shouldn't my status be "High" again? No policy violations at all since january!

Could someone please shed me some light on this? I don't know what's going on! Any ideas on when is ugly Very Low red button is going to disappear? I want to use this account again but I am not taking the risk until its status gets back to normal.

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

90 days is not accurate and it makes you believe that the status will go up after the 90 days are up. Apparently Ebay have their own way of doing things and they decide when to raise your status. It is more like 8 months for me even after all my selling and buying and not getting any other violation since then. I am still at "Very Low" after moving up from "Failing" two Months ago. So either you use or don't use your account will not help raise the status any faster. Hope this helps.

Please look at this thread.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post80139
Old 05-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Very interesting info to read. Thanks for the response. This is what eBay has to say about this. Not good. Some of these red status banners will display for a year! This means that it's safe not to use this acounts for... 365 days!! :(

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your Policy Compliance status.

I hope you understand that we cannot reset your Policy Compliance status
because it is automatically set by the system. The exact number of days
the status will stay on your account depend on the severity of the
violation. The Seller Dashboard will continue to show violations in the
Policy Compliance even if the necessary action has been taken to fix the
violation.

Most violations will show up to 60 to 90 days. However, more severe
violations (such as those related to Feedback and Shill Bidding) appear
on the Dashboard for a longer period ---- up to 12 months in some cases.

These violations will automatically roll off the Policy Compliance
section at the appropriate time. Once a violation rolls off, your Policy
Compliance rating will improve, provided you don't have any new
violations.

You can learn more about Seller Dashboard at:

eBay: Redirect

We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter and apologize for
the inconvenience it caused you.

Sincerely,
Old 05-23-2009

Longevity: 98%

I find if one of my DSRs fall below 4.8, I get that my rankings are lowered. Apparently the average is 4.8 for DSRs now. It didn't used to be this high of an average.
Old 05-24-2009

I have been on medium for policy compliance due to leaving a ' false negative / positive feedback last June .
Old 05-25-2009
Threadstarter  

More than four months and my policy compliance status is still Very Low, after FOUR months of inactivity and just for a single warning that I received in january. It's very evident how badly eBay wants to get rid of sellers...

What it concerns me is that I fear of using this account until this situation gets reversed.
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Update..... My Policy compliance status jumped from a Red Very Low to Green High status. It was the 12 month mark from my last violation. So apparently if you were in the same boat I was in you should not expect your status to go back up 30 days or 90 days after your violation. It will take a Full 12 Months for the violation to go away and not be counted into your calculations kinda like the Negative feedback you get that is removed from you score after 12 months.

BooMer
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
Update..... My Policy compliance status jumped from a Red Very Low to Green High status. It was the 12 month mark from my last violation. So apparently if you were in the same boat I was in you should not expect your status to go back up 30 days or 90 days after your violation. It will take a Full 12 Months for the violation to go away and not be counted into your calculations kinda like the Negative feedback you get that is removed from you score after 12 months.

BooMer
Ebay's approach to policy violations is totally unpredictable. I have had three MC019 copyright breaches in the last twelve months. Two stayed for ninety days and then my compliance went back to High. The last one has not even been registered on my dashboard.

As already said, it depends on the individual............
Old 07-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

I was Very Low for shill bidding - it stayed for 12 months. Carried on using my account as normal no problems (obviously I didn't shill bid again).

It was an old account tho and most hits seemed to bounce off without incident.

CaptainJack
Old 07-26-2009

Longevity: 90%

I had a powerseller account w a 4.3. they said if it goes to 4.1 they'll limit me from listing. And i had 1 stupid policy that says item was unsearchable cus i didnt have the "S" in bonus. Which i emailed and spoke to powerseller chat and phone and all they do is added the note and excelerated forward my email which never got responded

a few months later i have about 5 neg. 2 from shillbidders that obviously they refused to investigate. Its so obvious that each of them leaves fb for each other who left me the neg. So that turned into a 4.3 average. One day it was poor, next day its

All of a sudden this unsearchable policy shows up and my score became "unexceptable"

so theyre holding my account for 30 days, do you think they'll raise mine to 90 days also?
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

whats the deal with vero takedowns, I let rest for 3 months after a takedown, then go back and sell very brand again, with seemingly no probs, will it catch up with me? should I alternate brands more, or isnt it that simple, is a takedown a takedown or does ti matter if you violate same brand in a row??