eBay getting next to impossible - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%
Default eBay getting next to impossible

I just don't know anymore. It seems like when I take a break from eBay and come back something else is changed. It's basically the wild wild west with eBay and PayPal. I think what we talked about years ago is now coming to fruition. EBay and PayPal have grown so large that they can literally do whatever the **** they want and get away with it.

Limits:
Now we have a limit to everything selling, categories, the amount of money you can transfer. It's virtually impossible to have a steady stream of income on eBay. PayPal now has this weird delay wish now takes five days to transfer funds. This really just makes eBay slow and boring now .

Saturation:
The market on eBay iss completely saturated with Chinese sellers selling stuff for $.50. Virtually every category has 1000 sellers. I tried to sell a screwdriver set and there's 5000 people already selling it. I startong to get a bit ridiculous I don't know how you guys feel.

It's just very slow now and really boring. Those of you who remember how I was 10 years ago know what I'm talking about.

Well that's my rant for today, let me know what you think about eBay in 2017 and what's in store for us in 2018.

Old 10-20-2017
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: eBay getting next to impossible

Learn to adapt or you will get obliterated...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-20-2017), MM78 (10-20-2017), newjerseymax (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Learn to adapt or you will get obliterated...

I never thought I would gives "thanks" for one of your posts, but there it is!
Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Easier said than done. Hard to adapt to a saturation and super low rock bottom prices.
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 37%

Hi guys I'm new to the forums. Need some advice please. I setup a PayPal account around 6months ago when I was a newbie to both eBay and PayPal. That account got in debt as the eBay fees got the better of me. I decided to just forget that old account and start fresh on PayPal and be abit more organised and I was doing really well with steady income and got my seller limit lifted on eBay I was estatic. But then PayPal linked my old account and banned my new one :( it's got me abit depressed as I was doing great. I want to go stealth. And have been researching a lot. Is it still possible to go stealth? I have a new bank account ready to go. I have a prepaid master card to but heard these are useless now?? Could I just report my CC lost to my bank and get a new 16 digit number and if I use this new card to verify PayPal will they see my name and address on it and link to my old accounts? I've heard PayPal on care about the number and post code of your address. ?? So I could just make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ street up with my correct house number and postcode so that it can still be verified ? Please reply as I'm desperate to get back selling on eBay thanks In advance
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 38%

Get the Stealth Book... well worth the $20
Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemul85 View Post
Hi guys I'm new to the forums. Need some advice please. I setup a PayPal account around 6months ago when I was a newbie to both eBay and PayPal. That account got in debt as the eBay fees got the better of me. I decided to just forget that old account and start fresh on PayPal and be abit more organised and I was doing really well with steady income and got my seller limit lifted on eBay I was estatic. But then PayPal linked my old account and banned my new one :( it's got me abit depressed as I was doing great. I want to go stealth. And have been researching a lot. Is it still possible to go stealth? I have a new bank account ready to go. I have a prepaid master card to but heard these are useless now?? Could I just report my CC lost to my bank and get a new 16 digit number and if I use this new card to verify PayPal will they see my name and address on it and link to my old accounts? I've heard PayPal on care about the number and post code of your address. ?? So I could just make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ street up with my correct house number and postcode so that it can still be verified ? Please reply as I'm desperate to get back selling on eBay thanks In advance
^^^^^ Seriously? You must be new to forums as well. You need to delete this post and make a new thread for this. You also need to learn to use periods. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm definitely not saying that you can't adapt, of course you can, and that is what I have been doing. But the whole process is so slow now and seller security has virtually gone out the window. It now takes 2 weeks from the time I sell an item to the time I receive my payment to my bank account.

I used to be able to calculate profits and time things out, but now I am unable to do so. For example, I can't even pay my eBay fees right this moment b/c their sitting in the 21 day hold loop. Paypal date for release is 10/19, here it is now 10/20 and the money is still being held.

Last edited by aking; 10-20-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 37%

I'm willing to learn and adapt and understand it's a slow process I don't mind waiting for my funds to clear as if it's a new PayPal account I no you should try leave your funds in for a while before withdrawing and not to take out the whole amounts. Do PayPal see your name and address on your credit card when you use it to verify ?
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 70%

yes within 10 years everything changed on ebay.
but if you are a good swimmer on ebay you can float and survive.
no need to sell 5000 items per month with 10% of profit and huge of headache , just focus how to sell 100 items for 500% of profit.