Just a few questions before starting my first ebay stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-31-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Just a few questions before starting my first ebay stealth account

Hello everybody. Just a few stupid questions which I guess you will answer with "buy the ebay stealth guide" lol.

1. In regards to my name/surname. Can I just use my real name/surname but omitting one letter for each?

2. The address. Can I use the number next door to mine? (And so same address/area). Or it has to be different area/everything?(What if mistakenly/without knowing it, I end putting the address of another ebay user?). Or it has to be a non existent address?

3. Virtual credit card. Are they free? Are they expensive? Which one would you suggest?

4. What is the easiest way to get feedbacks as a buyer? Maybe buying some ebooks (if they sell them on ebay)?

I greatly appreciate your time
Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Just a few questions before starting my first ebay stealth account

1. Any random name or name variarion will work. Make sure its a real name.

2. Next door is very close to home and your neighbour wont be happy. Choose an empty residential address. Or an address you have access to. Get permision if you use someones address you know.

3. As you are new, just buy a vcc fron the marketplace. It takes time and effort to find decent card providers. Dont use entropay.

Buy the stealth guide. It will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
inneedofhelp (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
1. Any random name or name variarion will work. Make sure its a real name.

2. Next door is very close to home and your neighbour wont be happy. Choose an empty residential address. Or an address you have access to. Get permision if you use someones address you know.

3. As you are new, just buy a vcc fron the marketplace. It takes time and effort to find decent card providers. Dont use entropay.

Buy the stealth guide. It will help.
Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes, I will use a name variation. When you say "make sure it's a real name"? what do you mean? A name that sounds like a real name rather than numbers and symbols? cheers

2. Unfortunately I don't have another address I have access to. I would use this account only to sell, so this new address would only be used for returns, and my next door neighbour in the past occasionally already collected my amazon packets, so it shouldn't be a big problem for them (hoping for very few returns).
I thought that amazon would link me straight away for very similar name and very similar address.

3 I will check marketplace

4 Any idea for this one? cheers
Old 10-31-2017
just_smile

1. Some people use made up names when experimenting with variations. Thats never a good idea.
Eg changing david smith to davii woood.

Dont do this.

2. Get permission if you go this route. You dont 'need' access to your address. There are other ways to get returns to your real address. Sensing labels with your return address on in the parcel etc

4. I have no comment on this.
Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
Hello everybody. Just a few stupid questions which I guess you will answer with "buy the ebay stealth guide" lol.
? The book is suggested as you then have access to a tool 24/7 that allows you to find out answers, thus you learn methods.
Quote:
1. In regards to my name/surname. Can I just use my real name/surname but omitting one letter for each?
system is set up with eBay that they detect this ineffective method. Proper stealth means being a new you. Supply info that does not link to old suspended info.

Quote:
2. The address. Can I use the number next door to mine? (And so same address/area). Or it has to be different area/everything?(What if mistakenly/without knowing it, I end putting the address of another ebay user?). Or it has to be a non existent address?
again use the info I stated above. Fresh address nowhere near old suspended info. Preferable to have access to your address.
Quote:
3. Virtual credit card. Are they free? Are they expensive? Which one would you suggest?
free?nothing in life is free. You have to spend money to make money. Our market place can assist there.
Quote:
4. What is the easiest way to get feedbacks as a buyer? Maybe buying some ebooks (if they sell them on ebay)?

Cheers
Ebooks are no way to gain buyer feedback. You have a risk of being zapped with feedback manipulation.

What you need to do is act like you did before being suspended without doing anything that will harm the account. Shortcuts are out.

What are your options for your computer?

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
? The book is suggested as you then have access to a tool 24/7 that allows you to find out answers, thus you learn methods.
system is set up with eBay that they detect this ineffective method. Proper stealth means being a new you. Supply info that does not link to old suspended info.

again use the info I stated above. Fresh address nowhere near old suspended info. Preferable to have access to your address.
free?nothing in life is free. You have to spend money to make money. Our market place can assist there.

Ebooks are no way to gain buyer feedback. You have a risk of being zapped with feedback manipulation.

What you need to do is act like you did before being suspended without doing anything that will harm the account. Shortcuts are out.

What are your options for your computer?

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your answer...although it's a very different one from what just_smile gave me...
I thought that I could use a little variation of my name and address, and you say that I have get two completely different one. I'm sure it becomes more difficult to be linked but I didn't want to get a completely new identity.
Old 10-31-2017
just_smile

Its the same advice, dont use an address in your street with a name variation. Thats asking for trouble.

You can use the same name, or name variation with a completely different address. Thats fine. Make sure the date of birth is different too.
Old 10-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Its the same advice, dont use an address in your street with a name variation. Thats asking for trouble.

You can use the same name, or name variation with a completely different address. Thats fine. Make sure the date of birth is different too.
So probably better to walk around the neighbourhood and find an empty property? Or even a nearby road could attract suspect to ebay?
Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Over the years, too too many UK users have tried your method with near instant suspensions.

There is another problem where accounts can get a manual review.

Manual review opens an account up to far too much scrutiny.

I prefer to offer a method that should work.

You need to be a new you. That means name,address, everything.

I think you did very well to ask before making the account. Very good idea indeed to ask first. That allows you (and any other newcomers) to have a chance to make a workable account.

Keep the questions coming. Always happy to try to help.

Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 63%

1. It should be okay by itself

2. but not combined with #1. That's just asking to be banned. Either get an address further away that you have access to or get a post office or private mail box.

3. Virtual credit card is about $10-$20

4. Don't worry about feedbacks. Feedback do not affect your metrics. And don't do something like building feedback by buying $1 items and then trying to list $100 items. That's just asking to be flagged and banned.
The Following User Says Thank You to toml3030 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml3030 View Post
1. It should be okay by itself

Not for the UK platform, I am sad to say. They pick up on these efforts to quickly which ends the account.

Then we get new account banned threads.

Old 10-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Not for the UK platform, I am sad to say. They pick up on these efforts to quickly which ends the account.

Then we get new account banned threads.

What if you move on the other side of the city where you live and use the same name or variation. Why would that be dangerous? There's plenty of people with the same name/surname as us.
Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Take an A for persistence. Important to get your head around stealth.

Provided you can prove to eBay you are a different person, you can do anything.

That is the biggest issue for the UK. They thrive on links. Those links will kill accounts.

I would not feel inclined to use old linked info ever.

Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 37%

You have asked many of the same questions I have after being suspended last week. I am so shocked and hurt after 6 years of doing good business on ebay. I'm glad to have found this spot so at lest I know I'm not alone in this journey!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayhatesme417 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 63%

Quote:

Cheers
4. Hot items will be the easiest way to get a lot of feedback
Old 11-01-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
What if you move on the other side of the city where you live and use the same name or variation. Why would that be dangerous? There's plenty of people with the same name/surname as us.
A lot of things look just normal when you do. And paypal will not say you did something wrong and they track you, and your acc got flagged. No! They will say something: we want to have ebay\paypal as cool fund and safe place bla bla bla we just need to verify your acc bla bla bla

You should not thing about what is normal VS not normal, many people do VS many people don't. You need to understand how their system work. It is often against commom sense. It even allows scam!

Last edited by bubleHD; 11-01-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2017
Threadstarter  

So an empty house is ideal. I will have a look around the neighbourhood and see what building looks empty, although it might only be appearance.
What if somebody lives there?
Again, this address hopefully will never ever be used, as I will try to get them (the buyers) know my return address in a different way. It will only be used for registration.

Does a non existent address get caught quickly by ebay?

What if I just pick google maps and choose a random address?

cheers.