How about we sue Ebay and Amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default How about we sue Ebay and Amazon?

We all come here and complain about how Ebay and Amazon are acting like a f**cking douchebag without us really doing anything about it.

All suspended sellers have somehow been a victim to the ruthless policy of either Ebay or Amazon. Lives have been destroyed because of reckless suspensions over a bag or a charging cable!!

I was thinking about it today and came to the conclusion that those two markets are acting the way they are because no body is making a real complaint. Now you might say well it's their market and they will do whatever they want, but no that's not true. They exist because of sellers like everyone here. If it had not been for the sellers who invested a lot, these e-commerce markets would not have existed in the first place.

I think kicking someone out and denying them the chance of selling ever again because of a charging cable is beyond absurdity.

As I am not an admin of this website, I can't figure out how many people/sellers are registered here. But I can speculate it is in the thousands range.

What if we start a campaign to sue Ebay and sue Amazon over their monstrous policies that resulted in god knows how much damage?

I originally come from a third world country where even expressing your opinion about something could get your head chopped off, but here in Europe and the US at least you can do something.

The policy of Ebay and Amazon is getting harsher and harsher day after day, if they don't get a signal that there is a growing number of sellers who are not satisfied with what's going on, I think they will keep f**cking everyone of us over and over again.

How much money would it take to sue Ebay? a couple millions in lawyer costs?

Imagine if the outcome of such a lawsuit is the reinstating of many suspended accounts and the change of policy.

Why not start a GoFundMe campaign (or something similar to it) and file an international lawsuit?

Take a look at my simple calculation:

Let's suppose we are to hire a top notch law company, and 3 lawyers would work on our case. Each one of them will charge 700 $ per hour.

Let's say the lawsuit will take 1,500 hours of work. That means the cost will be a little bit over a million dollar.

With all seriousness, what do you think? Do you agree with me that sellers could force Ebay to change?

The idea might seem ridiculous, but revolutions against dictatorships always started with a few people.

I have seen and heard of many funding campaigns that proved to be successful (For reasons way less important that this one). I do believe we can do something about this and the sooner the better.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: How about we sue Ebay and Amazon?

If you have the money to sue them, go ahead. I'll sit and watch you go poor.
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
If you have the money to sue them, go ahead. I'll sit and watch you go poor.

You're 100% wrong. Do you really think Ebay or Amazon would love to fight a court battle?

These big companies are frightened of the idea of being sued.

This website has at least 60,000 members. What if every one of us gave 30$ to fund this campaign? That would roughly be 2 million dollars.
Old 11-18-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

oh wow you are a genius, why didn't we think of that .... very very clever AMAZING
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
oh wow you are a genius, why didn't we think of that .... very very clever AMAZING

I won't comment on your posts anymore. If you are here to make fun and troll then please ignore this whole post.

P.S: I am not a genius btw.
Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post

All suspended sellers have somehow been a victim to the ruthless policy of either Ebay or Amazon.
I stopped reading right here, and just want to say NO. You're wrong.

Most people on this forum deserved to be suspended, in one way or the other. There ARE examples of undeserved-suspensions out there, but VERY SELDOM will you come across someone who got suspended, legitimately, just out of the blue and for no reason.
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
I stopped reading right here, and just want to say NO. You're wrong.

Most people on this forum deserved to be suspended, in one way or the other. There ARE examples of undeserved-suspensions out there, but VERY SELDOM will you come across someone who got suspended, legitimately, just out of the blue and for no reason.

That's my exact point. Do you deserve to get suspended over a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ charging cable?
Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 38%

A phake one being passed off as real, DEFINITELY!
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

f ake stuff gets sold on ebay and some people actually want to buy that stuff, as it is cheaper but if ebay sees this activity then they are correct from their point of view to at least warn you and take the listing down. If it is a one-off single listing and not in quantity that is what usually happens, just a takedown.......if you sell a bunch or are on a repeat warning, I do not know what you expect.....

fa ke cables if they say apple in the description, violate the IP rights...

I agree that most suspensions are deserved....there are exceptions though eg. when a scammer leaves you in the neg, or a competitor messes with you...
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
A phake one being passed off as real, DEFINITELY!
exactly, I only buy real apple cords, plugs etc for my kids devices, due to the risk of overheating or dangers.....so if it says apple, I anticipate getting the real product......if I wanted generic, I would go ahead and choose generic, I do not care about fa kes in general, but when it comes to safety issues, I want the correct items, that goes for car parts, foods, skin products and all the potentially harmful stuff.......
ebaystealth1974 (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
exactly, I only buy real apple cords, plugs etc for my kids devices, due to the risk of overheating or dangers.....so if it says apple, I anticipate getting the real product......if I wanted generic, I would go ahead and choose generic, I do not care about fa kes in general, but when it comes to safety issues, I want the correct items, that goes for car parts, foods, skin products and all the potentially harmful stuff.......

Can you sell generic iPhone cables on Ebay without getting suspended?
Old 11-18-2017
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
We all come here and complain about how Ebay and Amazon are acting like a f**cking douchebag without us really doing anything about it.
actually were doin alot about it...its called STEALF
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
actually were doin alot about it...its called STEALF

That's a temporary and might be unreliable solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
MikeChi85 (03-07-2018)
Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
That's my exact point. Do you deserve to get suspended over a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ charging cable?
Uh you realize that the guy said he was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cables as genuine, right? You have absolutely no right to cheat your customers like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to toml3030 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml3030 View Post
Uh you realize that the guy said he was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cables as genuine, right? You have absolutely no right to cheat your customers like this.

People name their listing as being original for one reason, everyone else is doing it and if you don't use similar titling your listing won't show up in search results.

If I see an iPhone charging cable on Ebay for 5$, then I can definitely know it is not original. The original one costs more than 20$.

Let me put it in this context, imagine having a shop in the city center where you live, you put a few iPhone cables on the shelf (not original cables) and sell them, out of the sudden the police comes by, closes down your shop and the government tells you you are not allowed to open up a shop in the city anymore!!!

This exactly what is happening on Ebay and Amazon.

Trademark laws are absurd, I am 100% with companies trying to protect their brands, but current practices have one meaning behind them - that's killing competition. It like company X is telling everyone, I came up with this product and now no one on this earth is going to make money out of it EXCEPT me!!!

Every company claims that it owns the design of their product!!! If I buy a car and want to change tires, should I only be able to get these tires from the company that made my car?!

Now when you buy a set of tires that is compatible with your car, the company that made your car could in theory say:

"Well these tires look exactly as the tires we make"

People DO know when they're not getting the original product, but they want to close a deal that is suitable for their pockets. scamming people using your "Brand" name is a malicious practice and should be banned.

If I were to have a company, I would make it crystal clear to all my customers that if they want my legit product, they better buy it at my branches...etc
I would not be spending millions playing the game of hide and seek trying hopelessly to win a loosing battle against people who just want to make a living.

Sooner or later these companies will realize this (I think), because the counterfeit industry is booming and believe it or not, people are o.k with it and many of the times are even happy.
Old 11-18-2017

Quote:
All suspended sellers have somehow been a victim to the ruthless policy of either Ebay or Amazon. Lives have been destroyed because of reckless suspensions over a bag or a charging cable!!
You have no right to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on eBay. eBay is not there for you to make money off cheating people. And you realize that those luxury bag companies and apple do their own distribution so if can't possible be getting them wholesale to sell on eBay, right? You sell such obvious ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you DESERVE to be banned. Why? Because people who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ drive down trust and average sales price on eBay and hurts people who do everything by the rules, which are the vast majority of successful sellers.

Quote:
I was thinking about it today and came to the conclusion that those two markets are acting the way they are because no body is making a real complaint.
You are wrong. eBay instituted Vero after losing a 30 million dollar suit to Louis Vuitton for allowing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ LV perfume to be sold on eBay. eBay would lose FAR more money if they didn't bar ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers on their site from brand rights holders than any suit by the sellers.

Quote:
Now you might say well it's their market and they will do whatever they want, but no that's not true.
Actually it is. It is perfectly legal to discriminate, as long as you don't do it to discriminate against a protected class (race, sex, age, etc). Sellers of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise is not a protected class.

Quote:
I think kicking someone out and denying them the chance of selling ever again because of a charging cable is beyond absurdity.
Again, eBay puts far more $ at risk by allowing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to be openly sold and getting massive lawsuits from every single brand. If they had to pay off $30 million for ONE brand of perfume, how much $ do you think eBay has at risk if it got sued by Apple?

Quote:
What if we start a campaign to sue Ebay and sue Amazon over their monstrous policies that resulted in god knows how much damage?
ZERO. I'll tell you exactly how this will go.

Plaintiff: I got banned by eBay

eBay: We banned you because you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Plaintiff: Yeah, but it's unfair that I'm not allowed to make money with ⊗⊗⊗⊗

eBay: Your honor, we ask for dismissal.

Judge: Case Dismissed!

Quote:
The policy of Ebay and Amazon is getting harsher and harsher day after day,
Less competition from low quality sellers who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗? OMG, that would just be terrible for legitimate sellers, wouldn't it?

Quote:
if they don't get a signal that there is a growing number of sellers who are not satisfied with what's going on, I think they will keep f**cking everyone of us over and over again.
I think eBay and Amazon would be fine with those sellers going elsewhere. As I said above, most sellers who are successful are legitimate and there it is rare for someone to get banned for no reason what so ever.

Quote:
The might seem ridiculous, but revolutions against dictatorships always started with a few people.
1. eBay isn't a dictatorship, unless you're from a place where they place a gun on your head and force you to sell on eBay. You can go off eBay/Amazon and sell on bonanza, ecrater, ebid, and a zillion other sites.

2. I don't think you understand how law works. A company has wide discretionary powers on deciding who to do business with. Doing company with a specific company is not a right. For example, try walking into a fine dining establishment wearing nothing but speedos and try to get a table.

Quote:
I have seen and heard of many funding campaigns that proved to be successful (For reasons way less important that this one). I do believe we can do something about this and the sooner the better.
I don't think you realize that most legitimate sellers BENEFIT from eBay weeding out ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers and sellers with low metrics.
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
That's funny because apparently having a legit account can also be temporary and unreliable...IF you don't follow the rules! lol.....if you think Stealth equals unreliable then you are doing it wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-18-2017), MikeChi85 (03-07-2018)
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Look OP, if you want to sell that stuff, at least do not complain that it is not allowed

by your logic if it was completely allowed, the price would be so low and the market of eb flooded anyway, as to be worthless to sell, it is only the restrictions, that allow any profit for the sellers that do choose to take the risks......you cannot have it both ways
Old 11-18-2017

Quote:
People name their listing as being original for one reason, everyone else is doing it and if you don't use similar titling your listing won't show up in search results.
"Everyone is doing it" is not a legal defense." You do you get hung up on this idea that you should be allowed to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on eBay?

Quote:
Let me put it in this context, imagine having a shop in the city center where you live, you put a few iPhone cables on the shelf (not original cables) and sell them, out of the sudden the police comes by, closes down your shop and the government tells you you are not allowed to open up a shop in the city anymore!!!

This exactly what is happening on Ebay and Amazon.
This is false analogy. eBay is not the police. Using your example, eBay is the mall owner who found out that you're selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and force you to shut down. The mall owner has the right to shut you down if you do this by the terms of your lease (I own a mall store, btw). You are now claiming that the mall store should be forced let you open up at the same mall again.

Quote:
Trademark laws are absurd, I am 100% with companies trying to protect their brands, but current practices have one meaning behind them
So you don't think companies shutting down sellers of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is somehow not protecting their brands?

Quote:
It like company X is telling everyone, I came up with this product and now no one on this earth is going to make money out of it EXCEPT me!!!
Well, that's they whole point of the trademark and intellectual property law.

Quote:
Every company claims that it owns the design of their product!!!
Again, that's the whole point of trademark and intellectual property law.

Quote:
If I buy a car and want to change tires, should I only be able to get these tires from the company that made my car?!
Again, a false analogy. What you're saying is that people should be able to put "Pirelli" on generic Chinese tires and sell them as Pirellis. You can get any tire you want AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT TELLING THEM THEY'RE A CERTAIN BRAND WHEN THEY ARE NOT

Quote:
If I were to have a company, I would make it crystal clear to all my customers that if they want my legit product, they better buy it at my branches...etc
Uh that's what Apple DOES RIGHT NOW. Do you know that only 18 companies are allowed to sell legitimate Apple products online? Do you really think eBay is going to sit there and let people sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ apple products on their site and get sued into oblivion by Apple?
Old 11-18-2017

Quote:
Well, my oldest stealth accounts are from 2009 so temporary can be a long long time.
Old 11-18-2017
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Look OP, if you want to sell that stuff, at least do not complain that it is not allowed

by your logic if it was completely allowed, the price would be so low and the market of eb flooded anyway, as to be worthless to sell, it is only the restrictions, that allow any profit for the sellers that do choose to take the risks......you cannot have it both ways
GAME SET MATCH
Old 11-18-2017
Banned

Quote:
everythings temporary... get used to it ....