Vero record deleted, is that possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Vero record deleted, is that possible?

I got hit with a Vero notice 3 months ago and my listing got pulled down. I called Ebay many times after that and the employee explained to me why the listing got pulled down...etc and at the end of our phone call he told me that out of a goodwill he'll delete the Vero notice on my account, but that does not mean I am allowed to relist unless I have a permission to do so from the rights holder (which is Apple).

Here is the e-mail I received from the Ebay employee I talked with:

Dear M.r XXX,

Thank you for the friendly phone call we had today.

As promised and out of a goodwill I have removed the Vero notice on your account concerning the listing for iPhone cables.

There are no negative notices anymore with regard to that listing.

However, we would kindly ask you not to relist that item before you clear this issue with the rights holder (Apple).

Warm regards;

Do you think that Vero notice was permanently deleted? I called Ebay few weeks later and the person I talked to was able to tell (upon me asking him) that I had a listing which got removed due to a Vero notice.

That was my only violation on Ebay. Do you think my violation list was indeed cleared?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2017

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Vero record deleted, is that possible?

As it says, with regards to that listing.

If you think there isn't still a black mark on your account you'd be mistaken.

EB NEVER forgets anything.
Old 12-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

As it says, with regards to that listing.

If you think there isn't still a black mark on your account you'd be mistaken.

EB NEVER forgets anything.

You're right, EB has a record which lists all the history of the account. However I speculate and hope that there is a separated list of violations for the account as well, I think this list got cleared?

Wish there was a way to confirm this though!
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I dont know why ebay would do this. I can see why they say they would do it, but I do not think I would trust it.
Old 12-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I dont know why ebay would do this. I can see why they say they would do it, but I do not think I would trust it.

I don't know, it might just have been good luck. The employee seemed like a very nice guy on the phone though and I think he just wanted to help me.

At first he confirmed that he will delete it (over the phone), and 2 days later reconfirmed that through his e-mail.

So I think the notice got cleared off my account, but there is no absolute way to tell though
Old 12-11-2017

I've often seen once an account gets a black mark, it never seems to recover.

I think they hold some things against you forever.

When there's so many people fighting over the same real estate, they can afford to be picky who they promote.

I think they have what, 484 MILLION sellers on EB now. They don't care if they prune a few ( or even a million or two ) here and there, there's millions more coming in every week.
Old 12-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Here's what I think has happened. The eBay rep removed the "strike" from your account but there will always be a record saying you had a listing taken down.

Regardless, it doesn't matter and there's no sense in trying to figure this out. Some accounts can survive dozens of Vero takedowns - others are restricted on the first takedown. The only thing that matters is how much money you're making eBay vs. how much trouble you're causing them.
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
I've often seen once an account gets a black mark, it never seems to recover.

I think they hold some things against you forever.

When there's so many people fighting over the same real estate, they can afford to be picky who they promote.

I think they have what, 484 MILLION sellers on EB now. They don't care if they prune a few ( or even a million or two ) here and there, there's millions more coming in every week.

Ebay has anywhere between 2-4 million sellers.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

LMAO. 484 Million did seem like an absurdly high number of eBay sellers. That's 150 million more people than there are in all of USA.

I'm sure some of dallis' statement was hyperbole since there certainly aren't "millions of new sellers coming every week"...
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
LMAO. 484 Million did seem like an absurdly high number of eBay sellers. That's 150 million more people than there are in all of USA.

I'm sure some of dallis' statement was hyperbole since there certainly aren't "millions of new sellers coming every week"...

Ebay loves and adores every sell and transaction closed on their website, but they take down listings to avoid standing in court over them.

Sellers report each others' listings all the time and Ebay does not do ****, Ebay acts only when a Vero member files a claim with them.

I wish these marketplaces have been better regulated though. They follow harsh policies and everyone should just submit to their orders. I know that we all agree to their terms before signing up, but that's because it is our only option.
Old 12-11-2017

Lost a decimal somewhere, for sure.

offsite link below: Counts 168 million users, guesses range from 5-7 million sellers who use EB as their primary source of income.

Who can begin to guess how many part timers there are, but certainly a substantial number of buyers are also at least occasional sellers, maybe 25%? 25% of 168 is 42 million sellers +/-.

Up 6 million new users in the past 12 months. That's 500,000 a month. I clearly overestimated, still, that's a lot of new users.

Around 800 million active listings.

Of course, some of us have dozens, maybe hundreds of accounts... Probably skews the numbers somewhat.

Offsite link:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-active-users/
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-12-2017)